Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I have joined the dark side..

So my mother bought me a mid-2012 13" MacBook Pro.
My other computer is actually no longer functioning (lawd bless its overworked circuitry) so this is my main computer now.

Unfortunately this now puts me in your boat.

The errors I get aren't too bad though. With a cc-free and mod-free game with all expansions up to Seasons, I get lots of exception raised errors, the occasional Error Code 12 while saving, and a few minor graphical glitches.

I discovered that I can mostly eliminate 'exception raised' by saving frequently (like, 5 times a sim day frequently) which is good I guess. Does anyone have any tips on how to further remedy this?
q6goV2s.png
Officially blocked by @SimsVIP on Twitter!

Comments

• Options
    NikkiNightmareNikkiNightmare Posts: 137 New Member
    edited January 2013
    For months and months we have been trying to find a cure for this. Absloutley nothing has worked, and EA will not listen no matter how hard we try.

Most of us have given up, to be honest.

Personally, I just uninstalled Seasons, and deleted all my CC and started over like that. It worked for a few months, but its starting to shut down again now. Sorry you have to deal with this:/
  • Options
    wayusawayusa Posts: 300
    edited January 2013
    If you're willing, you can get all that bootcamp stuff installed on your Mac. I have Windows 7 installed, 2 expansion packs, and enough custom content I can get my hands on. It lags a little every now and then, but never crashes!
  • Options
    MuckyDuckMuckyDuck Posts: 108
    edited January 2013
    FosoSam wrote:
    Unfortunately this now puts me in your boat.

Haha I intentionally chose a Mac as my only computer after years of windows (I played on my sister's 2011 13" pro for a little while, and have just ordered the 15" retina) but yes, the Sims predicament is dire!

Personally, and I know the extra expense is hard to stomach, but I'd install bootcamp. Put aside 150gb of your hard drive, buy a copy of Windows 7, and then you can play all your PC games to your heart's content. I've always found that CC screws up my games regardless of which OS I'm using, so unless you can't live without it/are very careful in what you use I'd recommend just not using it.

It really, really sucks that to get a decent gaming experience I had to shell out £124 for a copy of windows, but I'd do it again - it takes out 99% of the stress, and when there ARE bugs, EA actually addresses them rather than ignoring the problem :P
    Post edited by Unknown User on