The final, special edition of the Friday Highlights has been posted here. Take a trip down memory lane with us.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Rogue file being found in the exchange

I have been downloading a few things recently from the exchange. Everything I download, I run through Custard before installing now. This is due to a file I discovered that will attach itself to anything that you upload. Earlier, I discovered the file too late, and ended up losing my entire backup library and uninstalling every bit of content for my game. It does not seem to be just one file either. I downloaded 30 different things from the exchange, from sims to lots, and found the file attached to them. When I tried to upload straight from CAS, I saw the same file.
The object in Custard underlined is the file...

Untitled-2.png

It is a simple bathroom counter. It does not flag on Custard, but if you get it in game, it attaches itself to any creation you make, and when you upload, it shows up having custom content. I do not know where it originated from, but it made for a really long night of aggravation trying to remove everything from my game.

Comments

• Options
    AlbertaRose0868AlbertaRose0868 Posts: 251 New Member
    edited October 2012
    Thanx for the heads up Frank. Sorry you had to go through so much headache :(

Now that I'm aware of this, I'll keep my eyes peeled. :shock:
  • Options
    franklear1980franklear1980 Posts: 972 Member
    edited October 2012
    It seems to be associated with things containing custom content. Most of the Custom Content I get for my sims I usually get directly from the creator themself, but there are a few items I have trouble getting, so I pull them from the exchange, run them through my programs, test them, clean them, and use them for my use, which was how I came to find out about the bathroom counter. I went to upload a sim directly from CAS which was supposed to be CC free. I ran it through Custard as a final inspection and saw it. I ran most of my stuff through and found a lot of it became infected. I finally cleaned out my game and got part of my stuff back in, but lost all my backup files and all of my own CC creations.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    I only started using Custard a little while ago,,,and I'm still unsure how it works,,,but I ran my uploads through it anyway,,,so far I think I'm ok. I had the following screens, and all I added to the sims3pack was thumbnails.

Custard-GuestCabin.png

Custard-RusticFamilyHome.jpg

Seeing as you're much better with this program, maybe you can interpret what it's saying :)

Edit: Neither lot had any custom content,,,the first had a couple store items,,otherwise game items only.
  • Options
    franklear1980franklear1980 Posts: 972 Member
    edited October 2012
    The reds indicate image files. Image files dont necessarily mean anything. It is when a sims3pack shows red that may cause concern. Custard is mostly a reference program, but it can delete bad files from a sims3pack before downloading. Delphy does say that it may give a false positive sometimes. It can be just a file that doesn't show right in the file, not necessarily a corrupt file.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    The false positive thing makes sense. Her other program does the same if a lot of CC is from the same set or creator. Both of my images have png files. What I couldn't figure out was why one set showed white while the other showed red. They are essentially the same files,,,just different screenshots.

Thanks for the help :)