Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Resolution Setting Issues

Basically my old computer monitor has recently packed in so I am now using an old TV that is about 1380 x 780. Now the game looks perfectly fine when I play in full screen mode but to be honest I prefer playing in windowed mode since I usually have my messenger programs open as I sim and it looks absolutely horrendous.

No matter what resolution setting I pick including the one that is actually my screen's resolution I get this disgusting jagged effect that almost seems to ripple as I move across the world. It’s absolutely vile. Aside from just going full screen do any of you have recommendations for what might work?

I’ve tried smaller resolutions too since I’m not all that attached on having it literally use up the entire screen space but that looks just as bad :(

Comments

• Options
    NichaedemusNichaedemus Posts: 16,905 Member
    edited October 2012
    Hi,

What is the make and model of your TV device? Have you tried adjusting the refresh rate in the Graphics Settings screen via the game options? If using an NVidia graphics device, is V-Sync turned on or off?
    When you need help with The Sims 3 or The Sims 4, be sure to check out the Master Help Thread today!