Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Origin download error...cannot download Supernatural

I pre-ordered via Origin for DD...I keep getting "unspecified download error 7049:408. Origin cannot seem to find a fix for me after several attempts, and I even googled the error code, and find no solutions. I did manually uninstall and re-install Origin (version 9.0), turned off firewall, cleared Origin cache, am running Origin as administrator, and other things..nothing helps..anybody else got any ideas? :cry:

Comments

• Options
    AudreyFldAudreyFld Posts: 6,695 Member
    edited September 2012
    I am there with you but a different error code - been on chat 3 times working on my fourth plus posted in their forum. My code is 262150:0. It begins to download and gets all the way to 99% and flips back to 50% and tries again. It does this over and over until it finally gives me the error code and pauses the download. There are others on the forum that have the same issue. If anyone has any suggestions other than uinstalling and reinstalling Origin, deleting game installers, disabling virus software and installing from safe mode, let me know. I have downloaded from Origin almost all of my games from Sims 2 to now. I was so excited that at 5 minutes before midnight my game was ready to download. Got all the way to 75% the first time and it reverted back to 35%. Figured it was just too many people doing what I was so I went to bed and tried again all day today. Hubby is out of town so I could play as much as I wanted without feeling guilty...Now I am just waiting on my fourth chat session. The wait gets longer and longer. :?

Very sad
  • Options
    CaityChanCaityChan Posts: 14
    edited September 2012
    SAME HERE! I'm loosing it man! I just want my Fricking game!
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Finally got my fourth chat person and they transferred me to different chat session so they could access my PC. Another 40 minute wait for someone to come online. Maybe that will work. Crossing fingers AND toes. :-(
  • Options
    ANNAPTXANNAPTX Posts: 3,742 Member
    edited September 2012
    I have lost count with the number of live chats...I even tried the call me feature..someone did call, and promptly, but 9:00pm came, and they just turned off the phone system...didnt even give the tech time to finish our conversation..I am really upset! Mine won't even download at all..it says preparing to download, then I get the error...I have done everything too...someone on live chat even told me to re-log on to ea.com help, so they could access my pc, and only option I had there was for someone to email me, so I wait again for live chat...each time is a 40 min wait...so upset.. :cry: :evil: :evil:
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    I am exhausted. I made the fifth guy stay on with me while I attempted the download - which failed - so he said I had to lower my UAC to the lowest settings which of course required a restart - probably the only way he was going to get me off of chat! They never remoted in so they could see my settings. That is what I hoped for so I went back - and instead of waiting on yet another rep to chat, I am waiting on an email. Well it is after midnight and I do have a day job. So will not likely get this resolved today. :cry:
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    It's almost 2:00 am. Going to bed. Maybe tomorrow....Sigh. :cry:
    Thank goodness I preordered a the Seasons DVD from Gamestop so my son could get the points...
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    :mrgreen: Before I went to bed I turned my firewalls back on enabled my antivirus software and essentially put all of my PC settings back that EA had me change. Got up this morning after leaving the thing trying to download last night and of course it stopped again. So when I saw it didn't download I wasn't suprised. I decided to restart it again for the umpteenth time not really expecting a different outcome. I went back to my office to work. Came back in just now to restart it and to my complete surprise it had completed and installed! So, I have absolutely NO IDEA why it wouldn't work before. Maybe EA made some changes. So I can't give anyone any idea how to solve for this error.

But now I can't wait until 5:00 so I can check it out. I hope everyone else is able to resolve thier issues.

Audrey
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Hi, Audrey! I am glad you finally got yours downloaded...I got up early before work and the Live Chat guy said I have done everything they know to do...the guy was going to give me a refund, then he disappeared. The Origin site is so wonky right now. I called in on my way to work, and the call center lady gave me a full refund-will get that in about 3-5 business days... :evil:

Meanwhile, I ran by Walmart, and they had the LE Supernatural...all the preorder content...no preorder, no Origin necessary..I think I will go that route next time...sorry ya'll, I have no other news to help anyone.. :evil:
  • Options
    jaiz95jaiz95 Posts: 3
    edited September 2012
    hi I have the same problem, but where can I find live chat because I really want to play the game
  • Options
    arianasailerarianasailer Posts: 1
    edited December 2012
    I have had the same problem, and have been working on this since 11:30. Now it is almost 6:00 and I have talked to 8 different people. But I FINALLY have a solution for you guys! The last guy from Origin Chat, after giving me the same information the other 7 guys had gave me, told me to unplug your router for 2 minutes and let it power cycle. I had been having the preparing download button for almost 8 hours now and as soon as I connected to the internet again after power cycling it started downloading. I hope this helps! It is the only thing that has helped me all day and I have tried EVERYTHING.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    I just tried power cycling my router...no help..thanks for the information..perhaps will help someone else.. :(