Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

NEW SET, COMPIATION & SIMPOINT BUNDLE - Island Escape Compilation & Hibiscus Trio

Thumbnail_688x336.jpg
Island Escape Compilation
2,600 SimPoints

Thumbnail_688x336.jpg
Hibiscus Trio
500 SimPoints
Don't understand this one :D

Starfish1.png
NEW SIMPOINT BUNDLE

Thumbnail_128x128.pngThumbnail_128x128.pngThumbnail_128x128.pngThumbnail_128x128.pngThumbnail_128x128.png

7,700 SimPoints $60.00

FREE Bonus Includes:
Green Starfish
Pink Starfish
Orange Starfish
Red Starfish
Purple Starfish

Comments

• Options
    BinskyBinsky Posts: 4,263 Member
    edited August 2012
    That is pathetic, really. I mean, EA released 3 BUSHES? They're okay, but for $5? Not a chance. And then the compilation, it's on sale for pretty much the same amount of money (only $2 more!) it would cost to buy them separately, I'm sorry, but this is pathetic. I know that they have released a bunch of new stuff lately, and I wouldn't mind all of this, if it wasn't for the fact of the PRICES. Yup, pathetic.
  • Options
    JoolsterJoolster Posts: 6,417 Member
    edited August 2012
    Compilation breakdown:

Island Villa - 600 SP
    Tiki Outdoor Party - 1600 SP
    Tiki Living Room Set - 400 SP
    Tiki Dining Room Set - 200 SP

2800 SP. Why is it 2600 on sale and 3500 without sale? :lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited August 2012
    like the starfishs....
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Joolster wrote:
    Compilation breakdown:

Island Villa - 600 SP
    Tiki Outdoor Party - 1600 SP
    Tiki Living Room Set - 400 SP
    Tiki Dining Room Set - 200 SP

2800 SP. Why is it 2600 on sale and 3500 without sale? :lol::lol::lol:

becouse some one in EA store can't do math
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    bananaholicbananaholic Posts: 4,314 New Member
    edited August 2012
    500 simpoints for three bushes that look what we already have just bushier? No, EA, no!
  • Options
    soniccrazy4soniccrazy4 Posts: 1,996 Member
    edited August 2012
    Wow that's a great deal....I'll just spend more money to get the same thing. :lol: $5 for 500 sp I didn't realize sp in the US cost so much......It just pains me to think about all the money people have spent on me. :oops:

Those bushes look nice but I think they're not worth 500 they should really be free. :roll:
  • Options
    SeriphinaFyieSeriphinaFyie Posts: 3,506 Member
    edited August 2012
    I'm certainly confused by the math on the compilation, unless there was supposed to be something else in there? Even adding the 500 for the bushes doesn't make the math work. :?: :?: :?:
  • Options
    thesimlingthesimling Posts: 4,486 New Member
    edited August 2012
    I actually genuinely believed that EA was getting better...

Oh wow.

So we have a simpoint bundle that is actually good value, but that's where it ends.

We have three bushes for 500 SP (£1 per bush for us UK simmers) - better come with a footrub and back massage for that price.

Then we have a compilation that you don't save money on...

EA, thank you for the laughs you have provided me with tonight *HUGS*
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    how big are those star fishs...?

wil there be any in the new world? and if how many?
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    and some more fail in the Mystery Bag...

EAfailsagain.png
  • Options
    MissElphebaMissElpheba Posts: 3,810 Member
    edited August 2012
    Surely this has got to be some kind of error? I'm not one to normally complain about store prices but even I can't justify 500SP for 3 plants. :/
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Surely this has got to be some kind of error? I'm not one to normally complain about store prices but even I can't justify 500SP for 3 plants. :/

they moveing sculptures... with no sound.... hmm I can go for 100sp pr plant..... max.... I would get them on a good DD..... but noway this prize.....

+ I mostly want more SMALL plants.... tulips, and so....
  • Options
    edited August 2012

I can just imagine the sales pitch:

*salesperson voice* "We'll sell our consumers 3 new plants that look much like the Base Game, WA and Ambitions Bushes that are included in those games. Except less bushy. And less pretty. And lopsided. All for only 5 USD!"

Oh EA, how you fail us. *face palm*
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Well, the 500 SP for bushes seems plausible, I mean you had to buy the 7k point bundle to get the cacti last time, yes I know you get the simpoints with it, but still, it's quite the sacrifice.

The compilation price has to be a jack-up though.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Joolster wrote:
    Well, the 500 SP for bushes seems plausible, I mean you had to buy the 7k point bundle to get the cacti last time, yes I know you get the simpoints with it, but still, it's quite the sacrifice.

The compilation price has to be a jack-up though.

I rater buy these bushes that way then... more for my money.... if it had been 4 bushes... then maybe....
    but if I see ingame pictures I might change my mind....

still want to know more about the star fishs size
  • Options
    skdluzakskdluzak Posts: 1,241 New Member
    edited August 2012
    I love the starfish, hope they are around for a while just bought a bundle yesterday *sighs*
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    It looks like the wishlists are currently down, so maybe they're fixing the prices or something.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Joolster wrote:
    It looks like the wishlists are currently down, so maybe they're fixing the prices or something.

So are the set pages. But boy, I feel really sorry for those who snatched up the "deal"
  • Options
    MissElphebaMissElpheba Posts: 3,810 Member
    edited August 2012
    skdluzak wrote:
    I love the starfish, hope they are around for a while just bought a bundle yesterday *sighs*

I hope so too. I bought up my quota for the next couple of months last week (I've even written on the calendar when I "can" buy more points, in an effort to stop me overspending!) but they are So. Very. Pretty...
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    skdluzak wrote:

I hope so too. I bought up my quota for the next couple of months last week (I've even written on the calendar when I "can" buy more points, in an effort to stop me overspending!) but they are So. Very. Pretty...

Bad MissE, very bad! No SP for you. But if I could give you those starfish, I would!! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    mona1996mona1996 Posts: 1,212 Member
    edited August 2012
    SimGuruSarah:

"There is a lot of feedback on the new compilations price...I have passed that along, thanks!"
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Hello everyone,

There is an error on the pricing for the new Island Escape Compilation. We are very sorry about this and we are fixing it right now.

If you purchased the Island Escape Compilation at the incorrect sale price of 2,600 SimPoints please contact EA Customer Support, they will give you a refund of 700 SimPoints.

We are fixing the pricing on this compilation now, you should soon be able to purchase it at the correct sale price of 1,900 SimPoints.

Apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused, and happy Simming!

~ Sarah
  • Options
    goddess0676smgoddess0676sm Posts: 3,330 Member
    edited August 2012
    Do you get all the starfish? Or just one?
  • Options
    DaeliaDaelia Posts: 2,643 Member
    edited August 2012
    ... but they really did mean to price the bushes that way? :roll:
    Granted, I been dying for bushes around That shade of blue... but for That much?? :!: wow
  • Options
    HessethRanHessethRan Posts: 1,522 Member
    edited August 2012
    When I saw the bushes, I thought it was a joke of some sorts :D 500 SP will get you a nice premium item, 5 hair styles/couches/windows/doors, a bunch of dresses or smaller furniture items, etc. And they don't even look like hibiscus :D
    My Origin ID: RoseElsing