Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Live Broadcast thoughts?

So, overall, I thought it was MUCH better than last time with the sound issues and embargo on witches and vampires, but I STILL found it too short. :( The Q&A session was long, which was good, but I wanted to see more game play.

Comments

• Options
    GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    edited August 2012
    I appreciate that the audio was better, and I'm glad that they tried to show things that they hadn't showed before. But the gameplay portion seemed so short. :(
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • Options
    wanae12wanae12 Posts: 430 New Member
    edited August 2012
    It'll get better don't worry~ But they should have a page for suggestion. and it went fast because we were having fun. Like when you play the Sims and your making a Sim and when you finish with your family your like "Wow 2 hours already?!?!"
  • Options
    beastcam1beastcam1 Posts: 952 Member
    edited August 2012

I can't wait for supernatural! I can never hear when they play the music though :shock:

11214097_1612418725701927_822627218776693780_n.jpg?oh=127705e00ae1fd059d1e5266630299b5&oe=5619A988
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    edited August 2012
    Well, they're done with Supernatural. I'm off to shower.
  • Options
    gamekittengamekitten Posts: 2,606 Member
    edited August 2012
    It is a shame they rushed SN to get to seasons. I am seriously going to tell my fiance to cancel seasons pre-order. I don't like the way they are handling the push for seasons and leaving SN out..I mean it just stupid weather and clothes. It will get old fast..like Seasons in Sims 2 did.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    gamekitten wrote:
    It is a shame they rushed SN to get to seasons. I am seriously going to tell my fiance to cancel seasons pre-order. I don't like the way they are handling the push for seasons and leaving SN out..I mean it just stupid weather and clothes. It will get old fast..like Seasons in Sims 2 did.

Yeah, it was kind of like,
    "CASMoonlightFallsTavernSparklyVampireWitchyDuelGraveyardZombiePeashooter, well that concludes our demo."
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    GabbyGirlJ wrote:
    gamekitten wrote:

Yeah, it was kind of like,
    "CASMoonlightFallsTavernSparklyVampireWitchyDuelGraveyardZombiePeashooter, well that concludes our demo."

It is not like Seasons is due out soon. I mean they are talking live chat about seasons more..Why they shoving this expansion in our face and leaving out SN which is due out less than a month.
  • Options
    Halle_MHalle_M Posts: 6,539 Member
    edited August 2012
    I agree, too short. I also wish people would not ask questions about things that have been around since the base game, like "Can ghosts eat food?"
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Halle_M wrote:
    I agree, too short. I also wish people would not ask questions about things that have been around since the base game, like "Can ghosts eat food?"

I know right? Some of the questions seem well pretty dumb and can be answered here in the forum. I only seen 1 or 2 questions that were actually new for information.
  • Options
    Fordee09Fordee09 Posts: 7,341 Member
    edited August 2012
    I hate it when people ask stupid Questions!
    I mean Ghosts have been in the game since the beginning...You haven't figured that Ghosts can eat yet!? o_o
    tumblr_mnt6wnw49M1rx891yo2_500.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Lol, I have live chat on..anddddddd The same questions being asked about Seasons.

Can sims get sunburned? Is there Thunderstorms? ...These were answered the last time...LOL..Duh!

Fordee09 I loveeee your siggy.
  • Options
    Fordee09Fordee09 Posts: 7,341 Member
    edited August 2012
    gamekitten wrote:
    Lol, I have live chat on..anddddddd The same questions being asked about Seasons.

Can sims get sunburned? Is there Thunderstorms? ...These were answered the last time...LOL..Duh!

I know!
    Ben: Snow will be in all the Worlds from EPs and the Store!
    Questioner: Will snow be in Bridgeport?
    Me: -_-
    tumblr_mnt6wnw49M1rx891yo2_500.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Fordee09 wrote:
    gamekitten wrote:

I know!
    Ben: Snow will be in all the Worlds from EPs and the Store!
    Questioner: Will snow be in Bridgeport?
    Me: -_-

LOL I just roll my eyes..And the can sims get sick?

Me: Check the forums seriously..XD

Comment From epigirl
    Can sims die by getting struck by lightning?

Me (thinking): Did you miss the trailer seriously?
  • Options
    Citrina5Citrina5 Posts: 1,252 New Member
    edited August 2012
    What I don't get is why let trough questions like that, I bet there where many people asking better questions.
  • Options
    Sam_Is_GreatSam_Is_Great Posts: 2,189 Member
    edited August 2012
    I missed the live chat, (only slightly on purpose), and I'm quite glad I did. I hate sitting through the useless questions and same banal information we already know, (a lot of which was confirmed with the expansion). I'll be able to whizz through the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 and other gameplay footage and avoid these stupid questions they could have found answers to VERY easily without wasting the Guru's time. IT'S CALLED GOOGLE, HAVE YOU HEARD OF IT?! Seriously, it's this sort of thing that really makes me hate humanity.

Ah well, mini-rant over, how was the werewolf bar?
  • Options
    edited August 2012

What I'd really like to know is:

1) If you have Supernatural, can aliens be created in CAS?
    2) Are there male alien pregnancies?
    3) When your sims get sick, can they die?
    4) Can your sims take sick days off of work or receive medical treatment?
    5) Will there be a new sauna object? It was my favorite object from The Sims 2 and I would absolutely die to see it come back.

Anyone else in a similar boat? :shock:

11214097_1612418725701927_822627218776693780_n.jpg?oh=127705e00ae1fd059d1e5266630299b5&oe=5619A988
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    I missed the live chat, (only slightly on purpose), and I'm quite glad I did. I hate sitting through the useless questions and same banal information we already know, (a lot of which was confirmed with the expansion). I'll be able to whizz through the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 and other gameplay footage and avoid these stupid questions they could have found answers to VERY easily without wasting the Guru's time. IT'S CALLED GOOGLE, HAVE YOU HEARD OF IT?! Seriously, it's this sort of thing that really makes me hate humanity.

I know, right? I hate the stupid questions too. But they can't answer too much unfortunately and I think the reason they do that is because some people don't get involved on the forums and really just watch the trailer and maybe attend one live chat. There are sadly more people who are less informed than people who are well informed on what's going on. Let's just be thankful for SimsVip :P

• Options
    aclavoaclavo Posts: 1,517 Member
    edited August 2012
    I wonder if these live chats are truly live. I had a questions about brooms. I wanted to know if they have the basic same function as cars or can witches fly a little higher off of the ground when traveling around town. Nothing.
  • Options
    edited August 2012

They didn't show the inside, just what it looked like from outside. I wish they had gone inside. IMHO, the most interesting thing they showed was the magic duel.
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • Options
    Citrina5Citrina5 Posts: 1,252 New Member
    edited August 2012
    beastcam1 wrote:
    What I'd really like to know is:

1) If you have Supernatural, can aliens be created in CAS?
    2) Are there male alien pregnancies?
    3) When your sims get sick, can they die?
    4) Can your sims take sick days off of work or receive medical treatment?
    5) Will there be a new sauna object? It was my favorite object from The Sims 2 and I would absolutely die to see it come back.

Anyone else in a similar boat? :shock:

Yes Im sure aliens can be created in CAS now
    I don't think sim can die, as only illness they get is from alergies
    Yes when you get allergies you need to go to the doctor, I just don't thnk you can take days off as its just an allergy.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    aclavo wrote:
    I wonder if these live chats are truly live. I had a questions about brooms. I wanted to know if they have the basic same function as cars or can witches fly a little higher off of the ground when traveling around town. Nothing.

Well from a picture, they do travel at about the same height as cars with the same function, but there's also an "arena" where the fly quite high up and brooms also apparently help recharge your magic bar so you can cast more spells.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    aclavo wrote:

I agree here. I tried to ask a question about the spellbook and nada it didn't even show up. Or they are monitoring the questions that do show up.

The only real good question I snatched a glance at was in Seasons questions. Someone had a brilliant question about the blueprints for houses (This was what turned me on about seasons...not seasons in general XD .
  • Options
    BandarinaLynnBandarinaLynn Posts: 69
    edited August 2012
    Can't get my questions answered/ (or even posted!?)
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    gamekitten wrote:
    aclavo wrote:

I agree here. I tried to ask a question about the spellbook and nada it didn't even show up. Or they are monitoring the questions that do show up.

The only real good question I snatched a glance at was in Seasons questions. Someone had a brilliant question about the blueprints for houses (This was what turned me on about seasons...not seasons in general XD .

Did they at least answer it? I'm curious about it too since I'm usually terrible at decorating. Other than aliens, it's the only other thing I'm really interested in when it comes to Seasons.

(Supernatural forever!)
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Can't get my questions answered/ (or even posted!?)

Same here, but maybe it was for the best. Because when people starting asking the same questions over and over..As an old woman I tend to get snarky.