Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How to make neighbors (non active sims) succeed? Need help.

When I create sims for the neighborhood, they don't do anything.

example:
I've been playing sunset valley for a few generations now. I noticed I had very few sims children, and sims that were not related populating Sunset. So I created a few households. Two single females that were family oriented, flirty, hopeless romantic, nuturing, and social butterflies. They both have the lifetime wish to have 5 kids. I Figure they would have no problem meeting people and reproducing on their own. I put them in the neighborhood, gave them jobs, and learning tools (i.e bookcases, telescopes) for their jobs, cribs and beds for their future families. Then I left them, expecting them to easily find partners and have a few babies.
And....nothing, they never find partners or have any children. Now they are elders, single and childless, and still at job level one. 🐸🐸🐸🐸!!! So basically they did not do anything...
I created a family after that with a workoholic husband and a family oriented mom. Dad has all the tool to succeed at his job, and the traits. I even looked online to see what traits were best for this guy's career. Mom has the traits for a family, they live in a large house with room to grow. Then I leave them expecting skills and career status to grow. Babies to be born, thus adding a few need new sims to my neighborhood, and nothing...
When I come back to said family, very little has changed except for their ages. They had one baby, even though mom wanted five, and they had a 4 bedroom house complete with nursery. Dad is at job level 3. He is almost at retirement age. His skill levels are still the same. I put at least one object for every skill set in the house. So is the sims just not using them?

Please, someone tell me what I am doing wrong. Do I need to change some option in the game? Is their some trait combination that I am missing? What?

How do I create a family, leave them and get them to live while I play other sims.

Comments

• Options
    klmorganklmorgan Posts: 229 Member
    edited August 2012
    EA's story progression isn't up to par. You should download NRAA's mod and then your town will come alive -- including your neighbors tending to themselves and such.
  • Options
    scwhit84scwhit84 Posts: 70 Member
    edited August 2012
    Do you have a link?
  • Options
    klmorganklmorgan Posts: 229 Member
    edited August 2012
    http://nraas.wikispaces.com/StoryProgression

Here you go.
    Also I'm not sure if you're used to installing CC/mods so you'll need to learn how to do that. There's a good walk through on Modthesims
  • Options
    scwhit84scwhit84 Posts: 70 Member
    edited August 2012
    Thanks guys, this mod is great! And easy to use.