Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

███ ADDENBROOKE, NEW BETA READY + lots of pics pg31

Comments

• Options
    ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    edited August 2012
    Thank you and good night!
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • Options
    saphfiresaphfire Posts: 90 Member
    edited August 2012
    I do have more -countryfied roads, but they're still quite road-y and not as dirty. Today I'm adding in LOADS of trails though for you that look really natural and cool, and go through beaches, hills, forests, etc so there's a nice variety of places. I think I'll add some special stops along them. I'll take some pics later when they've been beautified.

That sounds awesome. You're country area looks amazing! I'm wondering how many empty lots in that area? and sizes? :D
  • Options
    joerosen62joerosen62 Posts: 433 New Member
    edited August 2012
    If I can fix my downloading and installing problem I will definitely get this town. Your are just amazing at this. It seems like something that would put EA to shame. By the way are you using any custom or store content in this town?
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    joerosen62 wrote:
    If I can fix my downloading and installing problem I will definitely get this town. Your are just amazing at this. It seems like something that would put EA to shame. By the way are you using any custom or store content in this town?

They updated the first page for us :)

The information is there.
  • Options
    ShangriiShangrii Posts: 281 New Member
    edited August 2012
    joerosen62 wrote:
    Thank you! I am using a little store cc and other cc, but it is all free and only a tiny bit! AweSims cornices, Free Prius Collection, Earth Day Stuff & Free Paintings.
    It was going to need alien contact lenses, but I since aliens are coming with seasons hopefully EA will include their own!
    saphfire wrote:
    That sounds awesome. You're country area looks amazing! I'm wondering how many empty lots in that area? and sizes? :D
    Not that many atm. In the village there will be 2 small empty lots, and in the farmland probably only 2 or 3 empty lots of 40x40-60 I think. There is an empty 40x40 beach lot. Since I haven't finished the area I'm not quite sure, but it won't be much more than that.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    It's 8AM over in Pennsylvania and I have work so I won't be able to see/comment on any updates until around 7PM, just an FYI. :)
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    The download from AweSims, it won't affect my computer negatively right? I have an iMac you see, and I never downloaded any mods before
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    joerosen62 wrote:
    The download from AweSims, it won't affect my computer negatively right? I have an iMac you see, and I never downloaded any mods before
    I don't see why it would! It's just a file of 3 extra fences that look like roofing. Very easy to install, and very easy to get rid of. It's not a file that changes the game play so I can't see why it would kill your game.
    If you are worried though maybe before you install it backup your sims 3 folder. x3
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Hello Everyone!
    Today I've been doing some terrain painting and decorating! There is a trail that goes around this wilder area of Addenbrooke, and at the tip of the land is a river-beach sort of area, with a small lot for a wild, hermit-like sim. It could also be a great place to make a small camp for athletic hiker sims! I think I will add some small ruins and a hidden tomb too.
    59016176.jpg
    mansionsad.jpg
    On the second image you can see into the unpainted and sculpted distance! The lot you can see will be a grand mansion. Further than that will all be unroutable, and it'll be one of the last areas I paint.
  • Options
    AHENRICHsAHENRICHs Posts: 1,678 Member
    edited August 2012
    YAY for getting closer to being done. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    onigiriloveronigirilover Posts: 1,240 Member
    edited August 2012
    this world looks fantastic.. i wish to have it when its out but i dont think my computer can handle all the amazing details ;)
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    yay :)
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    I meant to ask...are you female or male? I didn't want to assume so I thought it'd be better to ask.

My real name is Ashley :)

I look forward to seeing future pics. You really are creating such a wonderful and creative world!
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Shangrii wrote:
    joerosen62 wrote:
    I don't see why it would! It's just a file of 3 extra fences that look like roofing. Very easy to install, and very easy to get rid of. It's not a file that changes the game play so I can't see why it would kill your game.
    If you are worried though maybe before you install it backup your sims 3 folder. x3

• Options
    funkyglassesfunkyglasses Posts: 206 New Member
    edited August 2012
    JUST TAKE MY MONEY TAKE IT
    this looks great better then any other premade worlds :D
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    AHENRICHs Sometimes I think that, and then I look at my list of things to do and go... maybe not! xD

onigirilover Thank you! I hope you will be able to play it<3 It is a large world though. D: I think after I've finished this one I will make a smaller world for people with not as good computers.

ashcrash19 I'm a girl, but I don't put my name on forums like this when someone doesn't need to know.

funkyglasses xD Luckily you don't need any money to play! Thank you so much though<333

Here are a few pictures of the village, and of the countryside near it. I just to do a few cottage interiors, and then I will be done with that area!
    screenshot67x.jpg

screenshot66w.jpg

screenshot70b.jpg

screenshot68v.jpg
  • Options
    NilxisNilxis Posts: 596 Member
    edited August 2012
    I can't wait to explore this world :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Yay! You are so kind Nilxis C:

I want the world to be very explorable, with lots of secret areas and amusing easter eggs and things, so people don't get bored o3o
  • Options
    DiamondkoolDiamondkool Posts: 4,481 Member
    edited August 2012
    Is it CC free? :)
    7ef6931fe80152dcec309a30cbe73f13.png
    Click on my signature to access my tumblr blog!
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Shangrii wrote:
    Yay! You are so kind Nilxis C:

I want the world to be very explorable, with lots of secret areas and amusing easter eggs and things, so people don't get bored o3o

Thank you for that! Even with the new EP's it can dull if there aren't things to explore/do other than EA created ones!
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Is it CC free? :)
    It's not cc free, but the cc there is will be a tiny amount, and it is all free! I did this instead of using packs since lots of people don't have those, but everyone can download a bit of cc.
    AweSims cornices, Free Prius Collection, Earth Day Stuff & Free Paintings.
    ashcrash19 wrote:
    Thank you for that! Even with the new EP's it can dull if there aren't things to explore/do other than EA created ones!
    I get very bored with a lot of worlds because while they are pretty, they don't have that much depth so I hope mine will be better on that front. Although I guess when I play I'll know all the secrets so it won't count!
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Today I thought I'd show everyone the world zoomed out, and what I still need to do. It is a big world, it's odd how small everything looks in these pictures xD The city looks much more city-ish and less puny in-game!

screenshot67f.jpg

screenshot77y.jpg

screenshot79h.jpg

screenshot80r.jpg

screenshot81li.jpg

screenshot82b.jpg

screenshot83kx.jpg

screenshot86ia.jpg
    screenshot87x.jpg
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Shangrii wrote:
    ashcrash19 wrote:
    I get very bored with a lot of worlds because while they are pretty, they don't have that much depth so I hope mine will be better on that front. Although I guess when I play I'll know all the secrets so it won't count!

This town definitely has more depth than anything EA has given us , and thats from these screenshots.
    I can't wait to see the end result.
    Also, Good news! I fixed my downloading and installing problem! Now I can get the stuff you used from the store!
    Yay :D
    But I am still worried about that content from AweSims, because I still don't want to damage my Mac
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    joerosen62 wrote:
    This town definitely has more depth than anything EA has given us , and thats from these screenshots.
    I can't wait to see the end result.
    Also, Good news! I fixed my downloading and installing problem! Now I can get the stuff you used from the store!
    Yay :D
    But I am still worried about that content from AweSims, because I still don't want to damage my Mac
    That's good!
    I hope you will consider installing the content from Awesims, the likelihood that it'll bork your game is EXTREMELY low. Thousands of people have the installed. I would suggest that you copy a version of your sims 3 folder in Documents>Electronic Arts if you are very paranoid, because that is where all your sim information is stored (sims, families, saves, neighbourhoods etc)
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Isn't awesims the same site that produced some worlds as well like Redcliffs I think it was?