The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

world adventures or pets?

i'm in the market for a new expansion pack. at the moment i've got ambitions, late night, and generations. i've been looking at some of the features for WA and Pets and i can't really make a decision so i was wondering if the lovely people in the forum would help me choose.

Comments

• Options
    Sims3Pony101Sims3Pony101 Posts: 2,163 New Member
    edited June 2012
    If you like the idea of adventures, then world adventures, but i prefer pets because i love what it adds to my game
  • Options
    klmorganklmorgan Posts: 229 Member
    edited June 2012
    well i'v heard pros and cons about both game.
    such that world adventures gets boring and that pets is very glitchy (though i've NEVER had problems with my games even after patches)
    i guess i'd just like to hear opinions, you know?
    just don't want to dive into something i'd hate, hah

thank you for your input though!
  • Options
    sunshineandsimoleonssunshineandsimoleons Posts: 8,413 Member
    edited June 2012
    Definitely pets. I have both & I don't remember the last time my sims went on vacation. They do, though, have lots of hamsters and birds :D (I have the no fluff issue, so I don't really play with dogs/cats/horses atm- but thats just my computer)
    WLfAA9V.png
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    thanks!

though with this origin discount going on today, i might just buy both!
  • Options
    Fairy_HappyFairy_Happy Posts: 8,912 Member
    edited June 2012
    I have both. But if I were to choose, I would pick pets. Mainly because I love animals. And World Adventures is fun but it gets irrating after a while how much your Sims keep rolling the wish to go to China, Egypt and France.
  • Options
    sunshineandsimoleonssunshineandsimoleons Posts: 8,413 Member
    edited June 2012
    klmorgan wrote:
    thanks!

though with this origin discount going on today, i might just buy both!

Well hey, if you're the kind of person who likes puzzles and quests then you'll probably like WA :) I just don't because it takes a LONG time to load the worlds & I'm really not that interested in it. There is some cool aspects of it though, like the mummies & nectar making.. and collecting relics. There's also a photography skill but it gets pretty tedious imo. Not to mention when they learn songs from other countries they DO NOT STOP singing it. I just wish they had hotels instead of base camps, but I guess you wouldn't find many hotels at the pyramids of Egypt :lol:
    WLfAA9V.png
  • Options
    TheMomminatorTheMomminator Posts: 4,215 Member
    edited June 2012
    I think that Pets adds more to normal gameplay but World Adventures adds new gameplay. Does that make sense at all?

If you want more of the same, get Pets.

If you want something different, get World Adventures.

FWIW, these are two of my favorite EPs and I don't think you can go wrong with either one.
  • Options
    ConverseShoesConverseShoes Posts: 153 Member
    edited June 2012
    It depends really.
    I prefer pets, I rarely make my sims go on holiday. I weren't incredibly keen on holidays in the Sims 2 as well..
    However with pets it brings horses and I generally prefer it.
  • Options
    Coffefreak4LifeCoffefreak4Life Posts: 8,082 Member
    edited June 2012
    WA will add more plants and skills as well as the best way to make money at home in the game .

Pets will add a few skills, dogs cats and horses for pets ( horses are main attraction) horse copetitions but really not much else
  • Options
    Halle_MHalle_M Posts: 6,539 Member
    edited June 2012
    Not to be unhelpful, but I love them both. :D

I'm a big fan of new neighborhoods; Pets gives you a gorgeous southern-Utah-mixed-with-Aspen, Colorado-style town. WA gives you THREE absolutely stunning new towns that your sims can visit. All of them are populated with exotic, ethnic-looking sims who your sims can befriend and marry.

I use both EPs all the time. Pets is all about Pets, while you can utilize lots of WA features without ever traveling. If you like your sims to cook, they will learn SEVEN new recipes, such as egg rolls, stir fry, frog legs (lol), crepes, falafel, and cheese plate, etc. They can also learn to make "nectar" (wine). They can sit around drinking it and making smarmy and snobbish comments about the quality of the wine, which is really funny.

I love all of the new objects the sims can decorate with. I could not possibly live without either one. I'd buy a new computer if I couldn't run them, for real. lol

Sorry; it's not helpful, really, but I do love both. :D
  • Options
    Cate_0014Cate_0014 Posts: 765 New Member
    edited June 2012
    I mean for me it was a no brainer, i love pets! Im an animal lover so i would go for pets.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    thanks everyone for your opinons! they really helped by making me not be able to choose lol
    so i just bought them both. the whole EA origin discount definitely helped.