The final, special edition of the Friday Highlights has been posted here. Take a trip down memory lane with us.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

story progression isnt doing anything

No one is getting married, having kids, or moving up in there jobs. What is wrong here?? I have the story progression set to on and aging on. Everybody is just dying alone. Could someone help me!!

Comments

• Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    edited March 2012
    Ea's SP is a bit... Flawed.

If you use mods, try the Twallans Story Progression one. I personally didnt notice anything change but it's worth a try i suppose
  • Options
    cchant86cchant86 Posts: 222 Member
    edited March 2012
    This is happening in my Starlight Shores, too. I even moved in several couples and nothing. I used one of Twallan's mods to look at the population and my active family is the only one with kids, babies and pregnancies.

I saw somewhere that adding cribs to houses can help the townies have babies, so I went around and did that. Then I switched over to the couple married households I'd placed on the map just for population sake and made sure they were expecting children before I returned to my regular active family. So far I've seen that one couple had a baby girl. Now we'll just see if they keep having kids or not.

But, yeah, I find it strange that the town isn't "progressing" like it should. I don't remember this being a problem before I installed Showtime.

C.
  • Options
    Cheeky225Cheeky225 Posts: 18 New Member
    edited March 2012
    If you don't mind mods try twallans story progression like To7m said its amamzing it really brings your game to life it can be found here http://nraas.wikispaces.com/
  • Options
    anastasia81ukanastasia81uk Posts: 325 Member
    edited March 2012
    Dang! I dont like using mods, But Im going to try what cchant86 said first.
  • Options
    KasanthKasanth Posts: 166 Member
    edited March 2012
    Mine never has done anything.
    Awhile back I had a sim of a family I deleted get married and move out with her hubby and infant daughter.

I played for around 1 1/2 weeks real life time of playing every day
    and decided to see how they were and made them the active house hold.
    Daughter was still a infant, hubby was still at the same lvl of his job that he was when they moved out.

I hope someday they add in real SP.
    Sims buy things for their house and add better items as they can afford it. basicly update the family as if you are playing them.