The final, special edition of the Friday Highlights has been posted here. Take a trip down memory lane with us.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Save Game Corrupt?

Hi, i love my save game i had with pets and its now corrupt is there ANY way i can get it back :( i didn't delete it so its still there :cry::cry: Im on a PC BTW.

Comments

• Options
    Pcd1love2uPcd1love2u Posts: 913 Member
    edited October 2011
    BUMP pleaseeeeeeeeeeee help :cry:
  • Options
    LilyNadineLilyNadine Posts: 21
    edited October 2011
    In your Saves folder are there files with [whatever the savename is].sims3.bad and .sims3.backup?

Or maybe the bad one is just .bad? Either way, you will probably have to delete the one that says .bad and then rename the backup to just .sims3
    You'll probably lose some gameplay, but it's better than losing your entire save, right?
  • Options
    Pcd1love2uPcd1love2u Posts: 913 Member
    edited October 2011
    No .bad :cry: Just AppaloosaPlains.Sims3 and AppaloosaPlains.sims3.backup
  • Options
    LilyNadineLilyNadine Posts: 21
    edited October 2011
    How is it corrupted then?

You could still just get rid of the .sims3 one and use the backup one by changeing the name.
  • Options
    Rinty25Rinty25 Posts: 10 New Member
    edited October 2011
    Been having the same problems since I bought the expansion on Friday. Spent whole weekend trying to sort it out. Still can't save a game and not have it corrupted. Yes it's still there in the folder and so is the backup file - but when I try to reload it - I get the error msg 'a serious error has occurred while loading xxxxx suggest you restart the application'. I tried renaming the backup file - that reloaded but when I again saved it, it corrupted and would not reload.

I put this on the technical discussion forum but got no replies.

I can successfully save and reload from Sims3 and Ambitions but as soon as I install Pets - I get corrupted saved files.

My game is now unplayable and I have given up, as I spent all weekend talking to tech support and searching the forums - uninstalling - reinstalling but still getting the same thing. Constant corrupted saves.

Can anyone suggest anything further?
  • Options
    svlynsvlyn Posts: 4,409 Member
    edited December 2011
    I am getting corrupt saves too..good thing i build or else i would just give up on sims.
  • Options
    pagounispagounis Posts: 369 Member
    edited October 2013
    Joanne | 22 | Greece. Informatics student. I'm mikrolactaki3 on the gallery. Using 2 computers! My Blog: mikrolactaki3.tumblr.com