The final, special edition of the Friday Highlights has been posted here. Take a trip down memory lane with us.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Worse Case Scenario if I dont backup all my game stuff?

Ok I have never backed up my game stuff before isntalling a new pack. Mostly because I dont play with game mods only CC.

I am guessing the worst case scenario will be that I lose my CC right? Anything worse that can happen?

If I do backup my stuff is just copying my FULL EA file (in My Documents for Windows 7) sufficient? Then replace it(replace the messed up copy with a new copy of it) once I install the new EP?

I dont currently have any saved games so I am not really stressing that. Losing CC would suck but I could live. I am just trying to figure out the easiest way to do this. So really is just copying the entire EA folder (not the one in my programs but the game folder in my document) and putting that on a flashdrive ok? If I have to unisntal everything and then put that back will it still work? Does anyone have any experience with all this on Win 7??

Comments

• Options
    LuvtehGeeksLuvtehGeeks Posts: 1,663 Member
    edited October 2011
    That should do it. You can even cut/paste to desktop if you choose I have Win7 it's really no hassle to do this
    graphics-kisses-hugs-822976.gif
  • Options
    ZorgaZorga Posts: 614 Member
    edited October 2011
    Worst case scenario you need to uninstall and re-install, which means you loose all pre-made houses, sims, preset colour options/outfits etc.

If you've any favourite houses/buildings you've made, or pre-made sims, I'd suggest you upload them to the exchange, so you've a backup copy outside of your game.