Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

☸ Tribal Modeling Competition ☸ Sign-Ups Open ☸

aboriginal_art_australia_4_copy.png

Untitled-1.png

Comments

• Options
    DeadlySimPDeadlySimP Posts: 2,124 New Member
    edited June 2011
    Uluru_Australia1copy.png

Untitled-5.png
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    hokusaicopy.png

Untitled-4.png
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Um.png

Untitled-2.png
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    IMG_0879copy.png
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Persepolis_The_Persian_Soldierscopy.png

Untitled-6.png
  • Options
    sweetstop7sweetstop7 Posts: 1,379
    edited June 2011
    Bump for you! :D
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Bump....:|
  • Options
    jake06jake06 Posts: 3,456 New Member
    edited June 2011
    lol These all look like Australian (Which I am)
    Type in Aboriginal dot painting, some of them are amazing and worth millions :D and I think could be really cool future banners :D
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I have read so many articles about the Aboriginals and their stories...The Dreaming and stuff...
    I am a history lover actually :3
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I'm of Aboriginal decent. (Northern Queensland) Here in Australia we are really excepted (I have no idea why, since we we're the first here in Australia) in school we have something called Ab-study which pays funds to school, you can only get it from high school until University (College). I do hope you realize that there are many, many, many tribes around Australia so it will be hard to pick (lol)
    The amazing thing is that nearly every tribe had a different language or dialect. I am really looking forward to see where this competition goes and I might even joib at some point :D

I live in the 'Dharug' section and I can't remember what I am.
    I love the dreaming stories, My favorite is probably the story of the three sisters. There once was a tribe and the chief had three daughters and they were bribed by an evil wizard and turned to stone and the man promised the Chief to turn the girls back if he either turned his 'job' over to him or he had to find something but they were never turned back. I live real close to the Three sisters in the blue mountains.

But there is a lot of different stories and they are/were a fantastic people :D

Sorry about the long message
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I also looked at your profile (stalkerish)
    I love Greece, like you I love History especially Ancient History and one of the most places I love to learn about is Greece! lol
    ( I sound like a weird T.V commercial)
  • Options
    chocchikcookie12chocchikcookie12 Posts: 1,462 Member
    edited June 2011
    jake06 wrote:
    I'm of Aboriginal decent. (Northern Queensland) Here in Australia we are really excepted (I have no idea why, since we we're the first here in Australia) in school we have something called Ab-study which pays funds to school, you can only get it from high school until University (College). I do hope you realize that there are many, many, many tribes around Australia so it will be hard to pick (lol)
    The amazing thing is that nearly every tribe had a different language or dialect. I am really looking forward to see where this competition goes and I might even joib at some point :D

I live in the 'Dharug' section and I can't remember what I am.
    I love the dreaming stories, My favorite is probably the story of the three sisters. There once was a tribe and the chief had three daughters and they were bribed by an evil wizard and turned to stone and the man promised the Chief to turn the girls back if he either turned his 'job' over to him or he had to find something but they were never turned back. I live real close to the Three sisters in the blue mountains.

But there is a lot of different stories and they are/were a fantastic people :D

Sorry about the long message

I thought it was interesting :D Australians for the win ^.^
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    :P Thank you, There is still a lot to learn to about the Native culture of Australia, lol I say colour while you say color *giggles*

lol random O.o
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    In the judges panel there is the picture of Uluru, they used to allow people to walk over it but about 3-4 years ago they stopped it because natives we're angry with how they we're walking all over it and leaving rubbish around it. Lol. I suggest watching Oprah's visit to Australia, it does show lots of interesting places to visit if you ever come out :D
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    jake06 wrote:
    In the judges panel there is the picture of Uluru, they used to allow people to walk over it but about 3-4 years ago they stopped it because natives we're angry with how they we're walking all over it and leaving rubbish around it. Lol. I suggest watching Oprah's visit to Australia, it does show lots of interesting places to visit if you ever come out :D

I will check it out :)
    I have some relatives in Australia so I hope I will come to see them :3
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Come on guys...=.=
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    BUMP FOR MODEL!!!!
    COME ON......we have cookies :3