Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do I ?

lovints2lovints2 Posts: 3,738 New Member
edit an apartment :? I swear I just can't figure it to save my life :roll: I was hoping someone here would be able to help me out :mrgreen: Thanks Tori

Comments

• Options
    dylsoccer12dylsoccer12 Posts: 9,357 New Member
    edited May 2011
    Well, I just go into edit town and edit the lot, you can only edit the hallways, outdoors, and inside the apartment though. Is that what you needed?
  • Options
    MaryJosMaryJos Posts: 4,935 Member
    edited May 2011
    You can use the cheats : RestrictBuildBuyinBuildings (false/true).

But you have to put in the "testingcheatsenabled" cheat first. You can also use it with the "buydebug" cheat to have access to the trash chute and other stuff. The only thing you won't have is the mailbox...
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Well, I just go into edit town and edit the lot, you can only edit the hallways, outdoors, and inside the apartment though. Is that what you needed?

I thought there was a cheat to do this, like if I try and add something to the outside it just won't let me :( I'd like to change like the windows and upgrade the apartments but don't know how :roll: But thanks Dylan for your help :mrgreen: I recieved your message and have one coming your way. Thanks Tori
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Oh... make sure that if it's an existing appartment, to not delete the other doors or your game will crash or freeze...

Or if you want to delete the other doors, you have to make sure to delete the little sphere thing that says "hidden room".

Here, I found this : http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Tutorials:TS3_Sims_3_Apartments

It explains it very well ! It also explains at the end how to create those NPC doors for other tennants to move in...
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    MaryJos wrote:
    Oh... make sure that if it's an existing appartment, to not delete the other doors or your game will crash or freeze...

Or if you want to delete the other doors, you have to make sure to delete the little sphere thing that says "hidden room".

Here, I found this : http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Tutorials:TS3_Sims_3_Apartments

It explains it very well ! It also explains at the end how to create those NPC doors for other tennants to move in...

Thank you so much MaryJos for all your help :mrgreen: Sent a friend request your way :!:
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    lovints2 wrote:
    MaryJos wrote:

Thank you so much MaryJos for all your help :mrgreen: Sent a friend request your way :!:

No problem :) I accepted !
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    MaryJos wrote:
    lovints2 wrote:
    MaryJos wrote:

No problem :) I accepted !

Great Thanks :mrgreen:
  • Options
    KLoreleiKLorelei Posts: 7,606 Member
    edited May 2011
    There's also this great tutorial. Very thorough. :-)