Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

For the sake of all that is SIM, please give me an easier way to find my SIMS!

Could you folks have made it any harder for me to find my own custom sims in the neighborhood? I don't think you could have if you tried.

Just switching households is enough of a chore really, and the "save" screen might as well be a loading screen to be honest it takes so long. But so I want to switch households and acknowledge the two warnings (how about a checkbox that says "don't show this message again", that would be nice!, and now Im faced with looking at a vast neighborhood of houses that I had nothing to do with creating and only 2 in all those houses actually holds my own sims.

Where are they? Your guess is as good as mine, I've now got to click on each house to try to find them? WTH IS UP WITH THAT?

There should be a simple list of my own sims in town, and let me click on their portrait and take me to therer house, or open up the dialog of the house like what I see after 10 minutes of searching to find the right house that holds my simmies in it.

Come on! This is so half donkey backwards it's ridiculous. Fix this, it's insanely stupid the way this is done. Having to "edit town" is absurd, why not a simple button that says, "switch family" and that then shows me a list of familys that I've played with or everybody in town, and then deal with all the manual hoopla that I have to endure to switch them manually.

It's this kind of little annoyance that gives a game a bad reputation, and we all know how UN-successful that simcity knock off was, fix the little things and make TS3 the polished version it should have been from opening day!

Good golly, it couldn't be any tougher unless you stuck a cactus on my desk chair to try to prevent me from operating my computer.

Comments

• Options
    KeigiPlooenKeigiPlooen Posts: 62 New Member
    edited June 2009
    If you can't find them the game killed them off.
  • Options
    splaylesplayle Posts: 257 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I agree with the OP. There are lot of things in this game that could been made way easier. I finally solved the problem by housing all my playables on empty lots (becauseI like to build) near each other. I created a whole little subhood within the hood. My lots are up for download if you're interested. Also, I wish were able to customize the town easier. I mean, for goodness sakes, we can't even put down our own blank lots. I find that the most iritating right now. So far I've spent two days just trying to create a town I'm confortable playing in. I'm sure I'll get used to sims 3 and like it, but right now I'm thinking sims 2 is way better.
  • Options
    JalidaJalida Posts: 2,181 Member
    edited June 2009
    If you can't find them the game killed them off.

My sims don't age (unless there is a bug) I won't allow it in my games, I refuse to spend tens of hours on a sim only to have him/her age and start pushing up daisies in the back yard, I won't have none of that game killed them off in my game, no sirreee.

And I'd LOVE TO GET MY HANDS ON a copy of the River community WITHOUT any existing houses on it, it would save many people a ton of trouble having to delete off all the houses so that they can really make it their own community.