Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Mix and Match Fashions - CAP Contest with Participation Gifts - *CLOSED* ;) Winners Page 11!

Mix and Match Fashions - CAP Contest

Deadline for Entries is 8:00am EST March 20th.

***STOP!***

Read this post VERY carefully. I will not accept entries that are not complete! I will not accept entries who do not follow directions!

==========

Contest Objectives:

1. Create your own Fashion Line using at least 2 of your own custom patterns made with the Create-A-Pattern Tool. Your line may be for any age group, gender, and clothing type, providing there are 3 tops and 3 bottoms available to be designed. [I'm not sure, but I think male swimwear may be out.]

2. You will design 3 tops and 3 bottoms, using at least 2 custom patterns.
[You may use any combination of your own custom colors; and recolored in game patterns to coordinate with your own custom patterns, but each piece of clothing must use one of your own custom patterns somewhere.]

3. Copy, Paste, and COMPLETE the Entry Form from the second Post of this Thread.
[Only entries that are 100% complete and followed directions will be accepted.]

Not Allowed:

1. NO Third Party Custom Content.
[You will be submitting your entry in the form of a Household and I will be checking it with the Sims3 Pack Cleaner. All I should see are pattern files when I check it, I will not accept your entry until all CC is removed.]

2. NO DEFAULT REPLACEMENT SKIN TONES, EYES, ETC.!
[Want to make me furious? :evil: Let me install something in my game that has one of these bundled in it. Not only will you be completely disqualified, I will probably never let you enter on of my contests again. :evil:]

3. No trade marked characters and logos.

4. No photoshoping your screen shots. [cropping and re-Sizing is allowed]

5. No breaking the thread with your screen shots.

6. No quoting a post and not removing the pictures. [You may leave one picture for reference if you are asking about something in the picture. This contest is being judged by screen shot, and it makes it hard on the judges to find the entries when we have to scroll through dozens of copies. Thanks for understanding. :roll: ]

7. No stealing others work and passing it off as your own. :evil: Obvious disqualification and a permanent ban from all my contests in the future.

8. Please no patterns that you have submitted to other judged contests.
[If you have older previously made patterns that have not been used in a judged contest, such as my Valentines Day Share, feel free to use them.]

Allowed:

1. All Expansion, Stuff Packs, Sims3 Store Items, EA Promotional Items, Dr. Pepper Promotional Items, T-Mobile Promotional Items

2. You may crop and re-size your screen shots.

3. Edit your post as many times as you need to to get the information right.

4. Enter as many times as you like. I will pick only 1 entry per person for the judging.

Prizes:

All prizes will be awarded ASAP at contest close. [1 per person]

1st Place - 500 Points in Gifts
2nd Place - 350 Points in Gifts
3rd Place - 200 Points in Gifts

**The First 5 Entries that are accepted will receive 50 points in Gifts for participation. [ 1 per person]

**Ten 25 point gifts will be given by drawing, you will receive 1 ticket for each accepted entry you make. [No Limit]

I reserve the right to increase prizes, and add new categories as I see fit. I'm not anticipating high participation in this contest but if I do get it I will up the prizes to give everyone a chance of getting a prize. :D

==========
Lastly, a few notes about the judging:

We will be considering your Line Name, Line Concept, Color Choices, Pattern Choices and the styles of clothes you recolor and how well they go together. So please think about what clothing pieces you are putting together.

[Example: Jackets and long sleeves do not go with a summer line of clothing, and blue jeans don't do black tie.]

Keep in mind that this is a pattern contest and we are looking for one of your custom patterns/textures to be applied in each garment.
==========

I reserve the right to edit this post and update it as needed. :D

Comments

• Options
    bloodvioletbloodviolet Posts: 1,125 Member
    edited February 2011
    Entry Form:
    ==========

Name of Clothing Line:

Brief Description of Clothing Line Concept:

Download Link of your Custom Patterns, Clothing Recolors, and Sim Models bundled into a Household File:

1 Screen Shot Showing All 6 Clothing Piece Recolors:

3 Screen Shots Showing The 9 Possible Outfit Combinations:

==========
    There is an example entry below that I made with a entry called 24 Karat, please refer to it and ask any questions you need too if you still don't understand. :D

**I want a single set of clothing recolors in all 4 shots.

For this contest I am not considering recolor ability of the patterns but rather if you are able to design 6 clothing pieces using your patterns that mix and match without being recolored. Does that make sense? For this contest you could well use single layer patterns, although if you are able to make recolor-able patterns you're probably going to have an advantage.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Tips, Tricks, and Tutorials

Screen Shot Tutorial:

Screenshots: From Game to Foum
    http://bloodviolet.blogspot.com/2011/01/screenshots-from-game-to-forum.html

CAP Tutorials:

http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/articles/create-a-pattern.php

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/221847.page

Free Programs:

sTile [Seamless Tile Maker - I use this program a lot to make seamless images.]
    http://www.harmware.net/stile.htm
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Name of Clothing Line: 24 Karat

Brief Description of Clothing Line Concept: young adult glamor club clothing

Download Link of your Custom Patterns, Clothing Recolors, and Sim Models bundled into a Household File:
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=3785690

1 Screen Shot Showing All 6 Clothing Piece Recolors:

screenshot_original.jpg"width=640"

3 Screen Shots Showing The 9 Possible Outfit Combinations:

• Options
    edited March 2011
    Entries & Link to Original Post

1. Rubysim p.2 - Crazy Style

2. HORTENSIS p.3 - The Butterfly Collection
    -- HORTENSIS p.7 - A uniform decision

3. anettesb p.4 - Pippilotta - clothes for active girls
    -- anettesb p.7 - lazy lizard – Teen wear boys’ collection
    -- anettesb p.8 - lazy lizard – Teen wear girls’ collection

4. poeticnebula p.6 The SimsFan Fruity Collection

5. littlemissleo p.9 A Flashy, Yet Classy Night Out
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    :mrgreen: Contest is now open! Please ask questions! I'm sure I've left something out I always do. :oops:

Contest will be open at least 2 or 3 weeks, I will announce the close date later, when I know when I'll have off. :D
  • Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited February 2011
    If the models are teen or below.... then I supose it is ok to send them with a guardian, is it?
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    anettesb wrote:
    If the models are teen or below.... then I supose it is ok to send them with a guardian, is it?

:mrgreen: Yes! I'd forgotten that, if you are doing children you will need to add a Guardian in order to upload them as a household. :D
  • Options
    GoukaGouka Posts: 2,130 Member
    edited February 2011
    *I will hurt you, Liam*
    Gouka on The Sims 3
  • Options
    GoukaGouka Posts: 2,130 Member
    edited February 2011
    Just FYI, default replacement skins (and I'm assuming eyes as well) shouldn't package themselves with sims. I believe the non-default skins do, though.

Love the contest idea of making your own fashion line!
    Gouka on The Sims 3
  • Options
    ReachsimsReachsims Posts: 7,932 Member
    edited February 2011
    6. No quoting a post and not removing the pictures. [You may leave one picture for reference if you are asking about something in the picture. This contest is being judged by screen shot, and it makes it hard on the judges to find the entries when we have to scroll through dozens of copies. Thanks for understanding. :roll: ]
    I don't make patterns so I won't be participating but I will be enjoying seeing all of the entries.

What is it about people who insist on quoting entire posts and they won't take the time to remove 3 - 20 pictures and then they usually have a response to add of less than 10 words? I don't get it. I will never get it. It wastes so much time having to scroll through all that junk. And then someone else does it. And then another one.

It is one of the worst examples of bad manners on any forum and I've seen few fora where it's not POSTED IN THE RULES NOT TO DO THAT, so EVERYBODY SHOULD KNOW BETTER! :(
  • Options
    WELSHMINXWELSHMINX Posts: 13,672 New Member
    edited February 2011
    IM GUILTY OF THAT!!!LOL
    SORRY FOLKS!!!IM STILL TRYING TO DO MULTI QUOTES!!
    HUGS!!
    MAYBE NOT HERE IN THIS THREAD BUT IN OTHERS!! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    WELSHMINXWELSHMINX Posts: 13,672 New Member
    edited February 2011
    :oops: LIAMED!! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    SammieD3456SammieD3456 Posts: 1,383 New Member
    edited February 2011
    I'm so excited! This is going to be a big challenge for me! I'm already brewing up some ideas! Like always I love your contests Bloodviolet! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Gouka wrote:
    Just FYI, default replacement skins (and I'm assuming eyes as well) shouldn't package themselves with sims. I believe the non-default skins do, though.

Love the contest idea of making your own fashion line!

:( I found out the hard way that there are some of these type items that you can't detect with scanning programs. I had skin tone replacements that got in my game and I finally had to reinstall my whole game to get rid of them. :evil: I don't know enough about CC to know why some behave in the ways that they do, but I think it's because some actually replace the default item.

:evil: It infuriates me that people will upload that stuff without listing it in their descriptions. To me it's on the same level as uploading a malicious virus.

:? Really, telling people not to upload this junk to my contest falls under the no third party custom content, but I decided to reiterate by listing it by itself to point out how serious I am about not wanting this stuff in my game.

If I find that someone uploads this stuff to my contest I might have to change my screen name from bloodviolet to bloodymurder. :evil: :lol: :twisted:
  • Options
    cherryberrybloocherryberrybloo Posts: 4,293 New Member
    edited February 2011
    Hmmm, another chance to flex my mediocre pattern making skills. Adding to my maybe list!

This is a really neat idea, btw, the only reason I might end up not entering is because I've got so much other stuff on my plate.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I got a eyebrow from a suposelly cc free sim :(
    luckelly it removed when uninstalling that sim.

If I get something and it then reuploade, I sinsirly hope that you guys will tell me.... so I can get it out of my computter and studio.
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Reachsims wrote:
    I don't make patterns so I won't be participating but I will be enjoying seeing all of the entries.

What is it about people who insist on quoting entire posts and they won't take the time to remove 3 - 20 pictures and then they usually have a response to add of less than 10 words? I don't get it. I will never get it. It wastes so much time having to scroll through all that junk. And then someone else does it. And then another one.

It is one of the worst examples of bad manners on any forum and I've seen few fora where it's not POSTED IN THE RULES NOT TO DO THAT, so EVERYBODY SHOULD KNOW BETTER! :(

:D :roll: :wink: I hate to have to add that into the rules but we have too many violators not to. I had problems with this my last contest. I try to tell myself that some of them are kids, and older people who just don't have netiquette down yet. I thought a small reminder of why I ask that people don't do it might help. :D

***Oh, that reminds me if there is anyone who doesn't want to participate in the contest but would like to be a judge I'd welcome the help. If I can't find anyone I'll bully Shade into it but it'd be nice if I could mix it up a bit. Thanks! :D
  • Options
    lunasysimslunasysims Posts: 5,858 Member
    edited February 2011
    Sorry about what happened to your game. :( But if someone has a default skin replacement and you don't, it wouldn't transfer over to yours. Only non-default.

I'm not sure about eyes, etc because I don't use them.
    Happiness is always just a plumbob away.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    anettesb wrote:

If I get something and it then reuploade, I sinsirly hope that you guys will tell me.... so I can get it out of my computter and studio.

I hate downloading a Sim and getting 50 random pieces of junk clothing that doesn't even look good when all I wanted was one hairstyle or shirt. =P I learned that the hard way on The Sims 2 exchange, which is why I never download from this Exchange. Only if it's a Sim I requested or know what it contains.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    anettesb wrote:

I hate downloading a Sim and getting 50 random pieces of junk clothing that doesn't even look good when all I wanted was one hairstyle or shirt. =P I learned that the hard way on The Sims 2 exchange, which is why I never download from this Exchange. Only if it's a Sim I requested or know what it contains.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    anettesb wrote:

I even run a custard, it didn't picked it out... it was merge with the sim....
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    BloodViolet if it happens (and it is because some thing infected our games with out us knowing) I hope you forgive us and give us a second chance.
    I'm doing all I can to avoid it.
  • Options
    cherryberrybloocherryberrybloo Posts: 4,293 New Member
    edited February 2011
    Vi, I would gladly help you judge, that is an option I can most definitely handle, LOL! We all saw how long it took me to upload one pattern for that other contest you did... I think my skills would be better suiting to telling you other people made pretty things, haha! :D I'll leave my e-mail on your comments. Delete the comment once you've written it down of e-mailed me, please. (Not that my e-mail is hard to figure out, but I like to pretend I have some control over my privacy...)
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    anettesb wrote:

:D Don't worry, I wouldn't crucify anyone whom I felt made an honest effort. This warning is for those that I can tell made no real effort to read what I wrote. When I scan the files if I see any CC I'll just ask for the person to remove it and reupload it. I'm hoping it won't become an issue though. :D
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Vi, I would gladly help you judge, that is an option I can most definitely handle, LOL! We all saw how long it took me to upload one pattern for that other contest you did... I think my skills would be better suiting to telling you other people made pretty things, haha! :D I'll leave my e-mail on your comments. Delete the comment once you've written it down of e-mailed me, please. (Not that my e-mail is hard to figure out, but I like to pretend I have some control over my privacy...)

:mrgreen: That would be great! I LOL'd when I saw your email address. You'll understand when you see mine. :D