Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Just how long is she suppose to live?

I created an elderly woman named Gwen with her young adult daughter Trisha for my Twinbrook town. Well Trisha ended up breaking up Bobby Sargeant's marriage and married him having 5 kids with her mother Gwen living with them.
At this writing Gwen has outlived her son in law and a husband. She is still alive with 5 full grown adult grandchildren and 4 great grandchildren, all in three separate households by now. She is a ripe age of 120! I haven't had a sim live so long before.
I have a picture of her and a few family members.
From left to right: Old Gwen herself, Trisha ( her now elderly daughter. Don't they look more like sisters?) Her grandson Ian, and behind the sofa her granddaughter Megan holding one of her own sons Lee (One of Gwen's great grand children.)
She seems good in health still too. Lately all she wants to do is work out and play catch with her grandchildren and great grandchildren. She loves doing the laundry as well.
So how long can she possibly live anyway?

1zez5mr.jpg

Comments

• Options
    Gomar6Gomar6 Posts: 1,072 New Member
    edited February 2011
    does she have any items in her inventory? I think keeping a death flower there keeps them alive. Make sure it isn't that
  • Options
    Montrase102Montrase102 Posts: 330 Member
    edited February 2011
    No all she has is a stereo, some books and a few cars. I hope she doesn't outlive her daughter. That would be depressing.
  • Options
    blueflame17528blueflame17528 Posts: 1,937 Member
    edited February 2011
    Gomar6 wrote:
    does she have any items in her inventory? I think keeping a death flower there keeps them alive. Make sure it isn't that

It won't keep them alive, per se. Really death shows up to take them, they whip the flower out like a victory ace, and death sulks off. It's basically a get out of jail free card. But, with old age, it will happen later anyway.

Edit: Montrase, they usually die faster when they aren't living in the active household. If you move her out, you can still get her grave from the cemetery later.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Thanks, but she does so much in the household. I don't want to move her out, but I am curious how long she can live while active.
    I almost don't need a maid from all the housework she does. Her grandchildren are lazy. lol!
  • Options
    cutepuppy101cutepuppy101 Posts: 2,006 New Member
    edited February 2011
    I'n Berryie27's Pastel Rainbowcy, the husband of the generation 3 heiress lived to about 120 days. He actually had a great-grandchild that was a young adult. (RIP Pummy Chiffon)
  • Options
    GreenDayGreenDay Posts: 669 Member
    edited February 2011
    I have my sim's life span set to normal and my sim is 227 days old and she's outlived her 4 lovers (2 of which who were a lot younger than her) her 5 children, and 3 of her grandchildren all who have died of old age :P
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Wow! I didn't realize they could live so long. is this all without mods too?

I played them last night and Gwen's youngest grandchild became a young adult and the oldest one a mature adult. She is still washing clothes and playing catch at age 124!

If only I could age so well.
  • Options
    Amber21899Amber21899 Posts: 585 New Member
    edited February 2011
    Oh my that is an old sim. I think the oldest I have ever has was 130. I was thinking like you. Sooo how long are you going to keep kicking it Grandma? Not that I wanted her to die, it was just weird that she lived so long.
  • Options
    kissedbyangelskissedbyangels Posts: 931
    edited February 2011
    Well then..

There is something about one object that if you use it as an elder a few days before death, it resets the life bar.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I haven't heard of that. As far as I know she hasn't done anything or played with any objects to reset her life bar. It looks full green.
    I am very curious how long she is going to live. I will play her some tonight and see if she dodges the grim reaper again. The daughters bar is about full at a young 82.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Well she finally kicked the bucket during her nightly work out tonight at a ripe age of 128. I'm gonna miss the old gal. Here is a pic of her meeting the Grim Reaper. It was a sad day at the Sargeant household that evening. RIP Gwen.

2lnd8ut.jpg
  • Options
    HartyFinchHartyFinch Posts: 116
    edited February 2011
    - Did she reach the 500km treadmill milestone? That makes Sims live longer.

- Also, was she a vegetarian? They live longer too.
  • Options
    silvercandy79silvercandy79 Posts: 494 Member
    edited February 2011
    I think you jinked her. :)

As soon as you started talking about her kicking the bucket, there she goes! hehe
  • Options
    Nh6650Nh6650 Posts: 7,885 Member
    edited February 2011
    HartyFinch wrote:

What is the 500km treadmill milestone?.
  • Options
    HartyFinchHartyFinch Posts: 116
    edited February 2011
    Nh6650 wrote:
    HartyFinch wrote:

What is the 500km treadmill milestone?.

I don't think it actually requires a treadmill (I believe you can get it by jogging also) but I generally always get it on a treadmill because it is the easiest.

The 500km running milestone is part of the athletic skill, that makes your Sims live longer after they have jogged/ran for a total of 500km.

Usually, the 500km milestone comes before the 60 hours of jogging/running milestone.
  • Options
    swdknightswdknight Posts: 751 New Member
    edited February 2011
    A little late for this response but did you have her eat life fruit? My very first household, the female my sim married (forgotten her name) was kicking it after her husband died (the sim I created who happened to be younger then her) and even outlived her children.

Lesson learned: Never gorge on life fruit!
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    She didn't ever have any life fruit. No one in that family did any gardening.
    She wasn't a vegetarian, but it is possible she met that treadmill challenge. I didn't know that existed, but I probably haven't noticed it before.