Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I want to move my very large multi generation family to a new town. Is it possible?

I have a very large, 20+ sims, family that spans multiple generations. I want to move said family to a different town and still keep their relationships in tack. Obviously I cannot put 20+ sims all in the same household, so does anyone know how to do this?

Comments

• Options
    NetashiaNetashia Posts: 23 Member
    edited December 2010
    I may be wrong, but I don't think that you can do that. I think that when you move a household to a new town, all family (outside the immediate household)and friend relationships and property ownership will no longer exist. Like I said, though, I might be wrong.
  • Options
    ThatAmiThatAmi Posts: 454 New Member
    edited December 2010
    You can move all of the households if you save them in the sim bin, though sims will still be related to those in your household, all previous relations with 'unactive' sims will still be deleted despite those sims being in the new neighbourhood. :)
  • Options
    MISSANGIEKAYMISSANGIEKAY Posts: 345 Member
    edited December 2010
    I agree You can move them 8 at a time but they will not be related to each other anymore , they will be with in the household but not when to the other housholds , They will just have the same last name
  • Options
    SimGuru_BGY_11SimGuru_BGY_11 Posts: 7,508 SimGuru (retired)
    edited December 2010
    ThatAmi is correct - you can move the family to the Bin, but they will lose all outside relationships if moved to a new town.

-Big Guy-
  • Options
    Greenb70Greenb70 Posts: 1,871 Member
    edited December 2010
    Any deceased members will also vanish from your family tree.
  • Options
    StrawberryBasketStrawberryBasket Posts: 1,316 Member
    edited December 2010
    If you're familiar with mods, there is a mod that lets you move neighborhoods and keep relationships intact.