Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can't order more omni seeds

I have finally gotten the opportunities to get the omni seed after YEARS of playing. A few problems here and there but I managed to work through them. I completed all three opportunities and the last one said "remember to go to your mailbox to order more Omni Seeds" or something of the sort. So I send the 1 person of my family of 6 people to the mailbox to order them and NOTHING HAPPENS. Ah, if only I had that 1 video of a sim freaking out would be awesome here LOL. What's with this? Racquel Man (the robot who can actually order the seeds) goes to the mailbox and then nothing happens. I can't even get the opportunity again i don't think for my other sims because it kept saying go to the Little Corisican, or however you spell it, but because there isn't one in Bridgeport, the opportunity must be canceled/denied. So can any1 offer some insight as to what the issue may be.

Comments

• Options
    nightstar0006nightstar0006 Posts: 16 New Member
    edited December 2010
    I'm having the exact same problem, and I have no solution for you :( Just wanted to say your not the only one.
  • Options
    MissChatterboxMissChatterbox Posts: 4,277 New Member
    edited December 2010
    is this for console?
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    edited December 2010
    Which sim family member did you send to order more Omni Plant seed? Was it the gardner sim in the family, or member that isn't the gardner? You must send your gardner sim who has completed the gardning skill to order more Omni Plant seeds. :D
  • Options
    Texan21Texan21 Posts: 44
    edited December 2010
    It is for Mac and yes I sent the level 10 gardener because she is the only one who gets the option. I was playing last night & although I was able to click on mailboxes not on my home lot and "order omni seeds", nothing ever happened.
  • Options
    marioh99marioh99 Posts: 72 New Member
    edited December 2010
    Known issue introduced in the patch prior to the one that was recently released (which didn't fix the problem).

Only way to get around it is to enable cheats and then use the buydebugmode cheat to get the omni plant.
  • Options
    Biotic_WarlockBiotic_Warlock Posts: 11,063 Member
    edited December 2010
    Little coriscan doesnt exist?

Im sure as a rabbit hole it should... else it is another rabbit hole with a different name, but exact same function.
    Gallery ID: Biotic_Warlock
  • Options
    Texan21Texan21 Posts: 44
    edited December 2010
    @Kelly_Blake,
    Yes, when you get Late Night, and you start playing, you get opportunities that are meant for Riverview or Sunset Valley because they have opportunities that are at locations originally in other worlds. Even after I added Coriscan blah blah, I couldn't do the opportunity, but that has been fixed. But yes, before Coriscan blah blah didn't exist in Bridgeport unless you added it.
  • Options
    JaymzeecatJaymzeecat Posts: 3
    edited December 2010
    I am having the same problem... I get the option on the mailbox to order more seeds, but when sim goes over there; the action icon disappears and he just stands there or wanders off. I am also playing on a Mac if that makes a difference. If you ever get a solution to the problem, please let me know!
  • Options
    SuniroseSunirose Posts: 460 Member
    edited January 2011
    I'm having the same problem. None of my sims who have completed the opportunity in order to get omni plant seeds can order from the mailbox. The sims can click on the mailbox and the option to order omni plant seeds is there but the action just cancels out.

• Options
    Zolt65Zolt65 Posts: 8,272 Member
    edited January 2011

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Marcus Aurelius
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Thanks Zolt65, i'm trying an experiment and if it doesn't work then i'll try that mod. :)
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    My experiment failed for the most part. I read on another forum that the bug preventing sims from ordering omni plant seeds at the mailbox was only applicable to sims pre LN/patch. But sims who completed the omni plant opportunity line post LN/patch could order seeds at the mailbox. So I started a new Riverview and with Twallans MC got Ginny McDermott through the quest line and she was only given 2 seeds on completetion of the opportunity. But when she tried to order seeds through the mailbox she couldn't. So I don't know if it would work without cheating but I don't have the patience to play in a new hood right now to find out.
    However one of the seeds she got was perfect and through a cheat I cloned several of them.

Here is the link to that conversation mentioned....
    http://www.carls-sims-3-forum.com/index.php?action=printpage;topic=2769.0

EA why don't you just fix it for goodness sake!
  • Options
    MISSANGIEKAYMISSANGIEKAY Posts: 345 Member
    edited January 2011
    Well , my sim can order them but they never come, I was thinking that perhaps its because i have to plant the ones I have first. But i really have not been very intersted in omni plants anyway.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    I was never interested much in omni plants either until upon realization that with omni plants you could get more plasma fruit than you can from a regular plasma plant. And because I like to grow all my plants to perfection i needed perfect omni plant seeds. So thats why i began the quest for the seeds.
    EA should fix what they've broken and at least show some good customer support in letting us know they are aware of and working to fix it.

Oh and i never thought to plant them first to see if that would allow me to buy the seeds. I'll try that tonight.
  • Options
    Almax881Almax881 Posts: 212
    edited January 2011

I posted a question related to this in the Late Forum. I wished I had seen this thread before hand.

I am having the same issue. Has this been fixed yet? I downloaded the most recent patch, but my Level 10 Gardener is still only able to order seeds from the mailbox. The seeds, however, never come. I've used all the seeds that were given to him, and still no seeds arrive.

If there is a solution to this, please let me know.
  • Options
    MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    edited January 2011
    I was just going through my sim's inventory and discovered he had no omni plant seeds. He should have had plenty because every day (or other day) I would send him to the mailbox to order them and then the next morning there would be an option to collect mail so I just assumed that the seeds were arriving as they used to. But they can't be because his inventory has none.
  • Options
    PAULCOMINSCOCHPAULCOMINSCOCH Posts: 7
    edited February 2011
    Hi All Simmer’s.
    I’ve got a fix for you all. Wait till there is mail in the letter box. Left click on the latter box, Order Omni seeds, and then, get mail. Just before your sim gets to the letter box, cancel order Omni Seeds. Your sim will order omni seeds right after you cancelled it. You might need to practise it a few times be for you get it right. But it works I promise.
    Good luck.
  • Options
    bgschillbgschill Posts: 6
    edited March 2011
    Hi All Simmer’s.
    I’ve got a fix for you all. Wait till there is mail in the letter box. Left click on the latter box, Order Omni seeds, and then, get mail. Just before your sim gets to the letter box, cancel order Omni Seeds. Your sim will order omni seeds right after you cancelled it. You might need to practise it a few times be for you get it right. But it works I promise.
    Good luck.

IT WORKED! Thank you so much!

You'll know it worked, because when you try to order the seeds afterwards, the option will be unavailable and it will say some are already on their way.

Seriously EA, your patches always seem to make things more complicated.
  • Options
    WildIslandCatWildIslandCat Posts: 88 New Member
    edited June 2011
    I have recently completed the requirements to get omni plants (been playing forever and never gotten this far, hahaha) but I cannot buy more seeds. I have seen people saying try planting the ones you have first. I have, I fed them links and got many healthy harvest before they finally died, but I still cannot buy more seeds. I try and my sim goes to the mailbox and then the action vanishes. She is level 10 gardener, she has completed all requirements and planted the seeds she was given, now those plants have died. I know this thread is old but it was the most helpful when I did a search for the problem. I was just wondering if it is fixed or if people have found a workaround for it. I have all 4 expansions installed and game up to date. Thanks.
  • Options
    GadgetmaniaGadgetmania Posts: 42 New Member
    edited July 2011
    Hi All Simmer’s.
    Good luck.

This works! I have successfully used it several times. It even works with you send the Sim out to pay the bills.

Like he said:
    (I hit pause first) Select mail box like usual
    Select Order Omni Seeds
    Select Pay Bills (or Get Mail)
    (I un-pause at this point) Just as the Sim is about two steps away, cancel the seed order.

You'll know if it worked because, at least in my case, my Sim stands BESIDE the box and her arms stick straight out, one wrist bent at a painful angle, as she goes through the motion of putting something in the mailbox. Then she walks to the FRONT of the box and pays the bills as usual. Next day, the seeds are delivered!

This has worked for me each time!
  • Options
    BebsieBebsie Posts: 5,365 Member
    edited July 2011
    USe buydebug
  • Options
    Almax881Almax881 Posts: 212
    edited July 2011
    Yep, this tip works flawlessly. Thanks so much for letting me know this.
  • Options
    GadgetmaniaGadgetmania Posts: 42 New Member
    edited July 2011
    Bebsie wrote:
    USe buydebug

For those who have no clue what this simple (and inefficient) answer means (and I did not until just a few weeks ago):

Ctrl + shift + C opens up the "cheat" dialogue.

Type in "testingcheatsenabled true" (without quotes) and hit enter

Ctrl/shift/C again

Type in "buydebug" (without quotes) and hit enter

Go to the Buy section then to the Sort by Function section (or whatever it is called)

You'll see a new section that has a ? icon. Inside that area you'll find all sorts of stuff. In the "Gardening plants and seeds spawners", look in the second row for the Omni Plant. Just place it like you do anything else. For me, it placed a mature plant.

For those who also have the new bug with World Adventures where stuff you buy do not come home with you, the first tab, bottom row, has the chests and a few rows up will be the nectar maker and martial arts stuff.

Here's a great source for the other cheats.
    http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/cheats.php

As for the work-a-round mentioned above, this works no matter how far away the sim is from the mailbox. The Sim goes through the same weird motion I mentioned. The mailbox even opens and closes even though she was up on the porch!
  • Options
    BebsieBebsie Posts: 5,365 Member
    edited July 2011
    Bebsie wrote:
    USe buydebug

For those who have no clue what this simple (and inefficient) answer means

I'll try harder to make my answer efficient next time :lol:
  • Options
    NataroomaNatarooma Posts: 14 New Member
    edited August 2011
    Hi All Simmer’s.
    Good luck.

As of today I can confirm this little trick still works to fix the broken mailbox omni plant request! It works well if you just stockpile a bunch of cheap gems/metals and keep them on hand for when you need to order more seeds. However after reading that omni plant quality doesn't get better for subsequent plantings it's really only useful for cloning perfect fish, as the quality of the fish doesn't degrade to match the omniplant's like other items.