Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What is the difference in game play between the Sims 3 for XBox 360 and Sims 3 for PC?

So I was wondering if anyone has both the console version and the PC version on the Sims 3 (base game only). What are the major differences between the two? What is you opinion of the Sim 3 for console, is it worth buying?

Comments

• Options
    Garnet_AlexandriaGarnet_Alexandria Posts: 1,201 Member
    edited December 2010
    I do NOT have it, but, I have read reviews and here's the points I gathered.

The console versions this time around are vastly improved and more true to the PC versions. Overall, very good at their base.

However, there's a few fallbacks that are minor, but make major impacts.

The major one is the loading. You might say, well, it's just loading. That's true, it is, but since the consoles are weaker hardware-wise, they couldn't have the world be big and open, so once you travel so far, you hit a loading screen. If you have multiple sims across the town, forget it, you'll hit a loading screen just to switch sims. This RUINS the feel and immersion of the open world, one thing that is The Sims 3's strengths.

Also, sims aren't controlled directly anymore. This isn't a con, per se, but alot of the console players who played both past and current Sims console games are mentioning it and don't like it, so i just thought I'd mention it.

Obviously, the console versions don't have the features of any of the EPs, but you're comparing it to the Sims 3 base game, so that's no big deal.

The console versions do have a feature called Karma powers.

If you already have the PC version though, I say pass. Use the money instead on the Sims Store for bettering your PC version, or just save it. If the console version or nothing, sure, it's probably worth it, if you're aware/willing about the whole loading thing.

Also, the Wii variant is different still. I know you didn't ask about that one, but just wanted to point out my mentions cover the Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 versions.
  • Options
    lulzlulz Posts: 1,075 New Member
    edited December 2010
    What do you mean you don't directly control them??
  • Options
    PsychoMasterXPsychoMasterX Posts: 2,553 New Member
    edited December 2010
    If you want know more there click on that sims 3 console link right above the forums