Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Does Anyone know ?

what the system Specs for windows 7 are to play the Sims3 ? I'm going out this weekend or next weekend and getting a new pc (my hard drive went out :( ) And would like to what the specs are before I get a new pc so it can play the sims 3 for many years to come :D

Comments

• Options
    XhippiedippieXXhippiedippieX Posts: 4,938 Member
    edited December 2010
    These are the basic specs for Sims on Windows 7...

•PC OS: Windows XP SP2, Windows Vista SP1 or Windows 7
    •CPU: (XP) 2.0 GHz P4 processor or equivalent; (Vista and Windows 7) 2.4 GHz P4 processor or equivalent
    •RAM: (XP) 1 GB RAM; (Vista and Windows 7) 1.5 GB RAM
    •HARD DRIVE: At least 3.5 GB* of free space with at least 1 GB additional space for custom content and saved games.
    •VIDEO: DirectX 9.0c compatible Video Card with 128 MB of Video RAM and support for Pixel Shader 2.0
    *9.6 GB if installing with The Sims 3

Supported Video Cards: Nvidia GeForce series: FX5900 or greater, G100, GT 120, GT 130, GTS 150, GTS 250, GTX 260, GTX 275, GTX 280, GTX 285, GTX 295; ATI Radeon™ series: ATI Radeon 9500 series of greater, X300, X600, X700, X800, X850, X1300, X1600, X1800, X1900, X1950, 2400, 2600, 2900, 3450, 3650, 3850, 3870, 4850, 4870, 4890 series or greater; Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator (GMA): GMA 3-Series, GMA 4-Series.

Please note that the GeForce 6100 and 7100 cards are not supported.

But I would, no way, buy a computer with those specs! I would want at least
    4gbs of RAM and a video card with at least 1gb of memory and a better processor.
    JMO!! :D

• Options
    LadyEmillyeLadyEmillye Posts: 19,238 Member
    edited December 2010
    Bad Liam :roll:
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    They are the same as Windows Vista, and these are the MINIMUM Requirements. In reality, you will need more than this. At least 4 GBs of RAM. A graphics card that is Not Built in. You need to take into account the base game, all EPs and SPs you want to buy, store content and CC. Plus anything else you use it for. The more you have the better chance you have of it running smoothly (barring any glitches)

FOR WINDOWS VISTA
    * Windows Vista (Service Pack 1)
    * 2.4 GHz P4 processor or equivalent
    * 1.5 GB RAM
    * At least 6.5 GB of hard drive space with at least 1 GB additional space for custom content
    * 128 MB Video Card with support for Pixel Shader 2.0

For computers using built-in graphics chipsets, the game requires at least:
    * Intel Integrated Chipset, GMA X3000 or above.
    * 2.6 GHz Pentium D CPU, or 1.8 GHz Core 2 Duo, or equivalent
    * 0.5 GB additional RAM

SUPPORTED VIDEO CARDS
    NVIDIA GeForce series
    FX 5900, FX 5950
    6200, 6500, 6600, 6800,
    7200, 7300, 7600, 7800, 7900, 7950
    8400, 8500, 8600, 8800
    9600, 9800, GTX 260, GTX 280

ATI Radeon™ series
    9500, 9600, 9800
    X300, X600, X700, X800, X850
    X1300, X1600, X1800, X1900, X1950
    2400, 2600, 2900
    3450, 3650, 3850, 3870,
    4850, 4870
    Intel® Extreme Graphics
    GMA X3x00 series

• Options
    jauntyjaunty Posts: 3,336 Member
    edited December 2010
    The game requirements are
    CPU:windows 7 2.4ghz p4 processor or equivalent
    RAM:windows 7 1.5GB RAM
    HARD DRIVE:AT LEAST 3.5gb of hard drive and at least 1GB of additional space for custom content and eps
    VIDEO:128MB video card with pixel shader 2.0 support.
    someone beat me to it lol.
    m0oUDbi.jpg
  • Options
    lovints2lovints2 Posts: 3,738 New Member
    edited December 2010
    Thanks Hippie and Em. This is the pc I was thinking of getting any advice for me ?
    http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0339775
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    lovints2 wrote:
    Thanks Hippie and Em. This is the pc I was thinking of getting any advice for me ?
    http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0339775

I wouldn't buy that computer. I would want an Intel Pentium precessor not
    Inspiron. I would want more RAM which is upgradable on that computer. And
    I would want a better graphics card.

That being said, I am not the one paying for the computer and I paid $2800 for
    my computer so maybe you want to ignore me. :lol: But definitely get at
    least 4gbs of RAM which you can do on that computer.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    I agree with Hippie. It needs a better graphics card. Ati Radeon HD 3200 isn't going to cut it and it definitely needs more RAM.

If you have your heart set on this particular desktop, if you don't mind shelling out the money to upgrade it, then go for it.

I think if you buy it, without upgrading, you'll have some issues running the game.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    :shock: Omg Hippie $2800 :shock: I wish I had it like that :lol: but I'm on a budget and really it's a gift from my hubby and son. I'm trying to be a little easy on them :wink: With three grandchild and three child to buy xmas for I don't want to be greedy :D Plus it's my hubby bday on the 15th of this month soo my budget is tight :-) I was planning on getting a new grapics card I knew that one wasn't compatiable :!: and my hubby plans to buy me a four gig stick of memory at the time I buy the pc . Sorry now I'm rambling :roll: So if I upgrade the memory and graphics card the pc should run the sims 3 good right ? and thanks again :D
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    lovints2 wrote:
    :shock: Omg Hippie $2800 :shock: I wish I had it like that :lol: but I'm on a budget and really it's a gift from my hubby and son. I'm trying to be a little easy on them :wink: With three grandchild and three child to buy xmas for I don't want to be greedy :D Plus it's my hubby bday on the 15th of this month soo my budget is tight :-) I was planning on getting a new grapics card I knew that one wasn't compatiable :!: and my hubby plans to buy me a four gig stick of memory at the time I buy the pc . Sorry now I'm rambling :roll: So if I upgrade the memory and graphics card the pc should run the sims 3 good right ? and thanks again :D

Understandable. And I think those were the only two issues. Upgrade those then it *should* be good to go. Altho, there is no guarantee as each computer handles TS3 differently. Even the high end ones can have game breaking issues. I have a Dell myself, not an Inspiron, but a Studio and it handles Sims beautifully. :D

Good luck! Hope it works out for you!
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    OH, and if possible, depending where you get it from, upgrade past the year warranty. It's a life saver.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    lovints2 wrote:

Understandable. And I think those were the only two issues. Upgrade those then it *should* be good to go. Altho, there is no guarantee as each computer handles TS3 differently. Even the high end ones can have game breaking issues. I have a Dell myself, not an Inspiron, but a Studio and it handles Sims beautifully. :D

Good luck! Hope it works out for you!

Thanks Em I hope it works out to :!: I've been without a pc for almost 2 months now and can't take it anymore :? :lol:
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Ouch! That sucks Tori.

To be on the safe side, you can always test run the base game and then any following EPs and SPs in case any of the patches causes you issues before adding CC to the game.

That way if one patch causes issues and the next one borks it, you know which one was the culprit.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Thanks for all your help Em and I'll take the good advice about testing and patching before adding any Cc :D I've been passing my time with the console version of the sims 3 :roll: and let's just say not fun at all :(
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    You're welcome. I heard about the console version. Even if I did buy it, my bro is the one with the console, he'd never let me play. I'm more a PC gamer anyway 8)
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    lovints2 wrote:

See, this is why I said ignore me! :lol: I never had any children, therefore,
    I have no grandchildren and at the present time...no husband. So I can be self
    indulging.

Once you add the RAM and better graphics card, that computer should be
    sufficient for the game.

That is sweet of your hubby and son to buy the computer for you! Enjoy it
    when you get it! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    lovints2 wrote:

See, this is why I said ignore me! :lol: I never had any children, therefore,
    I have no grandchildren and at the present time...no husband. So I can be self
    indulging.

Once you add the RAM and better graphics card, that computer should be
    sufficient for the game.

That is sweet of your hubby and son to buy the computer for you! Enjoy it
    when you get it! :mrgreen:

:lol: that's alright hippie thanks for your help :thumbup: and I promise to have fun when I do get it :wink: