Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Suggestion: Individual items from which Store sets?

As a frequent Store shopper, I often find myself wishing that the individual item descriptions provided us with information about the set that each comes from.

Here is why: When I go to download someone's creation and I check the list of Store items the simmer used, it shows the individual item and I often make a purchase so I can have those items in my game and creation will look as it should. But, more often than not, I get frustrated and end up NOT buying anything because I prefer to buy the whole set. I don't always have time to go on a whole investigative hunt to figure out what set the item is from, so I give up and never bother to make the purchase.

EA should add a link to--or at least a mention of--the set. In the long run, I'd be more willing to buy MORE stuff from them! Right now, the Store just isn't that user-friendly and too much work to figure out what whole sets I have and what individual items I am missing in order to complete out my existing incomplete sets.

Hoping EA will consider this suggestion... :-)

Comments

• Options
    jkstensjkstens Posts: 3,685 Member
    edited November 2010
    KimSim1965 wrote:
    As a frequent Store shopper, I often find myself wishing that the individual item descriptions provided us with information about the set that each comes from.

Here is why: When I go to download someone's creation and I check the list of Store items the simmer used, it shows the individual item and I often make a purchase so I can have those items in my game and creation will look as it should. But, more often than not, I get frustrated and end up NOT buying anything because I prefer to buy the whole set. I don't always have time to go on a whole investigative hunt to figure out what set the item is from, so I give up and never bother to make the purchase.

EA should add a link to--or at least a mention of--the set. In the long run, I'd be more willing to buy MORE stuff from them! Right now, the Store just isn't that user-friendly and too much work to figure out what whole sets I have and what individual items I am missing in order to complete out my existing incomplete sets.

Hoping EA will consider this suggestion... :-)

I agree with you.
  • Options
    MSladyTSOMSladyTSO Posts: 2,586 Member
    edited November 2010
    I agree too - I was spending too much time figuring this out :( I finally made a spreadsheet that can help with this for the meantime - it shows which set things are in, which category (light, decor, whatever - so it helps find where things are categorized in your game store). It also shows the individual price, the set price, and has a column you can X off to show you've bought the item - when you X it off, the entire row turns yellow so it's easy to find. All the items that are not in sets are there too (the entire store), and you can easily see they dont belong to any set, as there is no set name for them. You can also record the actual price you paid in case later you wonder where your points went :)

You can download it in this thread:

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/271341.page
  • Options
    KimSim1965KimSim1965 Posts: 712 Member
    edited November 2010
    MSladyTSO:
    Wow, I can't believe you took the time to that, and then you are nice enough to share it with all of us. :-)

But, it's just a shame that is has to be the shopper--and NOT the seller (EA)--that had to figure all that out. :-(

Thanks, though. I'm off to check out your profile and rec any creations you have--to repay you for your kindness. :wink:

Have a great day.
    Kim
  • Options
    Hintomint82Hintomint82 Posts: 462 Member
    edited November 2010
    Personally, I visit the daily deal on a nearly daily basis, and when I'm unsure about an item, I do a quick Google search:

"Simalogue (item name)"

Mr. Hawk's Simalogue has a nice picture gallery with references for what set all of the store items come from. It doesn't have a search function of its own, but so far Google hasn't failed to help me pinpoint what objects go to what set through his website.
  • Options
    MSladyTSOMSladyTSO Posts: 2,586 Member
    edited November 2010
    Kim,

You're very welcome! I've really enjoyed using it - hope it helps you too. Look for updates when new sets come out ... at least while I am still playing Sims! You can just open the updated file and easily copy the rows containing new sets and paste them into your copy of the spreadsheet. Usually w/in 3-4 days of introduction of new sets. Cheers!
  • Options
    maria_loves_alexmaria_loves_alex Posts: 9,054 Member
    edited November 2010
    hey kim :)

I completely agree with you, not to mention I myself have made numerous posts/threads about this topic too, hoping EA will see it :)
    My Page: http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/maria_loves_alex

Follow me on the Sims 4 Gallery - ID 'MariannaSims'