Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Error after installing new patch!

After I installed the new patch I got this error message saying that the base game is incompatible with the current expansion pack. In the skuversion txt.file my Game Version is 1.15.34.008002. What is the next update I need?

I hope someone can help me!

Comments

• Options
    lorena246lchlorena246lch Posts: 228 New Member
    edited October 2010
    Krisha880 wrote:
    After I installed the new patch I got this error message saying that the base game is incompatible with the current expansion pack. In the skuversion txt.file my Game Version is 1.15.34.008002. What is the next update I need?

I hope someone can help me!

i need help to :( got exactly the same version :(
  • Options
    SimGuruBrentSimGuruBrent Posts: 1,025 Member
    edited October 2010
  • Options
    Tiffers2788Tiffers2788 Posts: 58 New Member
    edited October 2010
    Uhm Sim Guru I tried the link you provided.

"This set-up has detected that the installed game region for this update is incorrect.
    This update requires a different region to be installed."

Thats the message I get.
  • Options
    Krisha880Krisha880 Posts: 1,553 Member
    edited October 2010
    Thank you so much SimGuruBrent! :)
  • Options
    lorena246lchlorena246lch Posts: 228 New Member
    edited October 2010

yeah i saw your posted this link on someone elses query about this! seems to be working a okay now!
  • Options
    Pinkie674Pinkie674 Posts: 66 New Member
    edited October 2010
    I'm also getting this message: Your The Sims 3 base game is incompatible with the current Sims 3 expansion pack. Please update your game via the game launcher.
    I only updated it about ten minutes ago, my version is now 5.2.4.009001.
    I'm trying the link now, if it helps the disk i'm using at the moment to launch the game is the 'Fast Lane' expansion pack.
    Thanks
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    that link didnt work for me, my game still won't run and is still showing the error message :/
  • Options
    LynarielaLynariela Posts: 3,297 Member
    edited October 2010
    Uhm Sim Guru I tried the link you provided.

"This set-up has detected that the installed game region for this update is incorrect.
    This update requires a different region to be installed."

Thats the message I get.

That's because your have a different region number. You will have to provide the full version number you have in order for us to locate the correct patch for you.
    Pinkie674 wrote:
    I'm also getting this message: Your The Sims 3 base game is incompatible with the current Sims 3 expansion pack. Please update your game via the game launcher.
    I only updated it about ten minutes ago, my version is now 5.2.4.009001.
    I'm trying the link now, if it helps the disk i'm using at the moment to launch the game is the 'Fast Lane' expansion pack.
    Thanks

When you open up the launcher and hover over the icons at the bottom-left, what does the version number say for the base game?
    Twitter, Twitch, and Gallery ID - Lynariela
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    base game: 1.15.34.008002
  • Options
    edited October 2010
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    okay thanks i'll try that
  • Options
    Tony89Tony89 Posts: 2,196 Member
    edited October 2010
    so trinity
    we simply update to 17 and it fixes the prob?

im DL now
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Tony89 wrote:
    so trinity
    we simply update to 17 and it fixes the prob?

im DL now

Let me see if I can explain this properly...

When a new patch is released, there are supposed to be two things that happen. 1, it is supposed to update your most recent installment of the game. So, excluding Late Night, that would currently be Fast Lane.

The other thing that is supposed to happen is that the base game gets updated. Now, when I updated my Fast Lane this morning, that updated just fine and there was a significant pause after everything closed before it began to update my base game. I was on the forums trying to help resolve issues, so I hadn't tried to do anything before it prompted. It seems to be the pattern that, after the last few patches have come out, ANY interruption will sort of stun the base game from updating, so it just won't start updating that portion at all.

With the base game out of date but the most recent installment of the game current, it creates this incompatibility error. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be a full-proof way of updating the base game via the launcher once it's been stunned into not updating with the most recent patch for other portions of the game. Some have said that using the base game disk to start up the game will prompt it, but really at this point it's just as easy to click and download the manual incremental patch.

According the SimGuruBrent, the base game and the most recent installment of the game are the only ones that HAVE to be up to date for the game to function as it should.

There is a full list of manual incremental patches here, for any and ALL portions of the game. More confusion tends to ensue because people then don't know what region number they should download. Prior to High-End Loft (or Design and High-Tech), there were a total of 5 different region numbers. The region number is the last digit of the full version number of the game. There was 1, 2, 3, 5, and 7. 1 was North America, 2 was UK, 7 was digital download (and I don't know offhand what 3 and 5 were.) After the release of HELS, they managed to compile all DISK versions of the game into region 1, and digital download remained as region 7. However, when it comes to patching the base game or World Adventures, people still have to go by the original region number for those parts. Since this can be overwhelming, there are plenty of people like myself perusing the forums trying to help those people. We love the game, too, and we like helping where we can. :)

Hope this helps.

• Options
    Amylouise131Amylouise131 Posts: 89 New Member
    edited October 2010
    ok ...so i might be being a bit thick here but can someone help me
    ive just done the new patch ...but on mine it says it version
    i dont understand what i have to do
    as im having the same problems as everyone else had
    :(
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    ok ...so i might be being a bit thick here but can someone help me
    ive just done the new patch ...but on mine it says it version
    i dont understand what i have to do
    as im having the same problems as everyone else had
    :(

Your base game seems like it did not update properly. When you open your launcher for the game, hover over the first icon at the botton-left corner. That will be the base game icon. In a reply here, type out that full number that appears. It will start with a "1." something. I'll need it all to find the applicable patch(es) for you. Thanks! I'm off to the game shop to pick up my copy of Late Night so I'll be out for the next half hour for the trip. I'll check back, but somebody else may come along that can help so don't hesitate. :)
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    1.15.34.008002 :)
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    thankyou trinity... you saved my game!
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    1.15.34.008002 :)

Voila! http://akamai.cdn.ea.com/eadownloads/u/f/sims/sims3/patches/Sims3_1.17.60.009002_from_1.15.34.008002.exe
    Pinkie674 wrote:
    thankyou trinity... you saved my game!

Glad I could help! Happy simming!
  • Options
    Lckygrl1975Lckygrl1975 Posts: 1,582 Member
    edited October 2010
    I'm having this issue

my base game is 1.15.34.008002

Version 5.2.4.009001

running Fast Lane
    PPHeader_zpsacc5170a.jpg</a>
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    ThankYou ThankYou ThankYou ThankYou :!: :!:

its worked :mrgreen::mrgreen:
  • Options
    Jade3DJade3D Posts: 65 Member
    edited October 2010
    :( help to please :(

i tried to install the update but it said there was an error and was unable to update.

my latest expansion is ambitions version 4.3.4.008001

my base game is 1.17.60.009002

it is also saying that my base game is incompatible

what shall i do??

please help
  • Options
    BECKYBOOXXXBECKYBOOXXX Posts: 194 New Member
    edited October 2010
    Can anyone help me? I had the same problems and then it wouldn't update or anything, so i uninstalled all my games and I am re-installing them now. I have version: 2.0.86.2002. It says there is an update but it wont work? this is really annoying me. please help if you can thanks
  • Options
    sweetpeas220sweetpeas220 Posts: 79 New Member
    edited October 2010
    having the same issue now except I think it may be ambitions that failed to update? Maybe I'm just wrong... it says my version at the moment is 4.3.4.008017 and its telling me to download the patch to upgrade to 4.5.6.009017 . Any help would be appreciated because I have no idea which one I'd have to manually download :cry:
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I'm having this issue

my base game is 1.15.34.008002

Version 5.2.4.009001

running Fast Lane

Base game patch for you: http://akamai.cdn.ea.com/eadownloads/u/f/sims/sims3/patches/Sims3_1.17.60.009002_from_1.15.34.008002.exe
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Can anyone help me? I had the same problems and then it wouldn't update or anything, so i uninstalled all my games and I am re-installing them now. I have version: 2.0.86.2002. It says there is an update but it wont work? this is really annoying me. please help if you can thanks

This is a World Adventures super patcher. Assuming that's the most recent portion of the game that you have (no Fast Lane, HELS, Ambitions), than as long as your base game is up to date to version 1.15, this should get your game up and running: http://akamai.cdn.ea.com/eadownloads/u/f/sims/sims3/patches/TS3EP01_2.12.8.009002_Update.exe