The final, special edition of the Friday Highlights has been posted here. Take a trip down memory lane with us.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

To those that used the disablestoryprogression quick fix....

Sorry, I don't feel like reading that entire post for the answer to my question. But to those that have done what was necessary and played, a few questions:

1) I know the story progression is off, but does the rest of the town still age if aging is on?
2) if you are playing with two families or spilt up a household, will the second household start going into the crazy Sim Soap Opera craziness that others have posted or will they just be "frozen" until you play them?
-Kind of tied into the aging question, if you have sim siblings & one moves out, when you age will they (and their family) age as well or stay the same?

I think that was all i really wanted to know before I type the disable into my shortcut

Comments

• Options
    VictoriaMackVictoriaMack Posts: 284 New Member
    edited June 2009
    bump
  • Options
    CoreadorCoreador Posts: 80 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I've been running with it off, but I don't know the answers to your questions yet. Feel free to try it though... using the shortcut is not permanent or anything. Just create a new shortcut for story progression off... and you can start the game with or without it as you like by choosing the appropriate shortcut.
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited June 2009
    Yes, the rest of the town will age if aging is on even if storymode is off.

And no, nothing too crazy happens to any households that are not the active one when story mode is off. Assuming you use the fix in the sticky to make it really be off. :)

This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    VictoriaMackVictoriaMack Posts: 284 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Thanks for responding. I do want to try it, but i dont want to try it and my sim's twin brother's life ends up in shambles. I will not be a happy camper. So before i did try it i just wanted to know how it worked for others who have had some good gameplay with the fix

Editted to add:
    Thanks StormKeep!