Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Grim Reaper question. Hey waht do you know. But seriously if someone could answer. . .

Ok I'm a little confused. I was to move in with the reaper and have babies. Half the time I am unable to even interact with him when a sim dies. I was able to talk to him once and flirt before he disappeared that was it. I can't call him obviously so how do I build a relationship with the Reaper? Does the same Reaper appear at every death?

Comments

• Options
    IamMamainredIamMamainred Posts: 7,042 New Member
    edited January 2010
    Is your game patched ? If so one of the last patches changed how Sims could interact with the reaper, I don't remember all the details, it would be under the Patch info.
  • Options
    VexingQueryVexingQuery Posts: 2,180 Member
    edited January 2010
    scwhit84 wrote:
    Ok I'm a little confused. I was to move in with the reaper and have babies. Half the time I am unable to even interact with him when a sim dies. I was able to talk to him once and flirt before he disappeared that was it. I can't call him obviously so how do I build a relationship with the Reaper? Does the same Reaper appear at every death?

You have to kill a lot of sims. That's the long and short of it, there.

Before WA, there were two Grim Reapers. I have noticed, though, that since 1.8, the same Reaper seems to attend to every sim-death. I've also heard, as fair warning, that this will cause problems if you move him in with you because the game is dumb and doesn't generate a new Reaper to continue the duties of the old one anymore. It used to. :P

You've been warned. Here's the rest:

The Grim Reaper does not linger for every death, but you can always save right before your victim dies and try re-loading your game if he doesn't.

When he does linger, it is very briefly. You have to pounce him quick. Having a highly Charismatic sim helps speed the process, as does making your deaths occur in rapid succession so that the friendship doesn't have time to decay between visits.

If your goal is Reaper-babies, you'll need to move him in with you first. The 1.3 patch made it so you can no longer "Try for Baby" with a visiting Grim Reaper. However, once you've asked him to move in and he's a member of your household, he'll happily father as many kids as you like.

... Of course, you can always use cheats to artificially inflate the relationship (open up the debug console, use testingcheatsenabled true, grab and drag the bar in the relationships panel up while he's visiting. For recent patches, he will only appear in your relationships panel while on the same lot.) You could always just download a Grim Reaper off the Exchange, too, but the challenge is part of the fun, yes? :wink: