Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Need help Playtesting my world a second time

so I sucessfully installed my world in my game to look at. I made fixes and am trying to reinstall back into my game. I took out the old files, I have renamed my world, new thumbnail and everything, but my game keeps telling me its already installed.
I took out the world from my launcher,
i took out the files from my documents/ ea/ the sims 3/ downloands & Installed worlds, and world cache

Please help. I am obviously missing something.
:)

Comments

• Options
    MemsMems Posts: 94 Member
    edited December 2009
    Check the export folder.
  • Options
    SabrosaSabrosa Posts: 1,359 Member
    edited December 2009
    the export folder is where I go to install the file once I have exported world from CAW. That's when i get the "already installed" message.

I know others can do it, so i must just be missing a step..maybe in the morning I can figure it out.

• Options
    MemsMems Posts: 94 Member
    edited December 2009
    I can't think of what your missing. When you said you renamed the world did you mean the world description thing or the filename. If the former changing it might help. Also did you delete any save games for the world. I dont know if that would do anything but its worth a try :)
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Hi Mems, I changed the world name, and the description of it. I will have to recheck my folders again today. I didn't think playtesting again would be so hard.
  • Options
    BoyWonder23BoyWonder23 Posts: 393 Member
    edited December 2009
    What I do normally is to uninstall the world, remove from downloads then reinstall the new version
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    BatQueen23 wrote:
    What I do normally is to uninstall the world, remove from downloads then reinstall the new version

hmmm, i did that and when i go to reinstall the new version-renamed and everything, it tells me it is already installed. But when i launch the game its not there. confused.

I am so frustrated w/ it, think I need to restart a new world. At least i know the lay out I want now. :(
  • Options
    BoyWonder23BoyWonder23 Posts: 393 Member
    edited December 2009
    Odd - long shot have you tried clicking edit in world with your new world going through that before selecting it to export?
  • Options
    Whales_RockWhales_Rock Posts: 3,872 New Member
    edited December 2009
    Did you delete it from installed content?
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    went in to edit it game, just to see, no luck.
    I have deleted it from everywhere I can think of. It has got to be something simple that I am missing.

Can you list the steps you take to check a world for the second time so I know for my next world. Thank you all for your help. :)
  • Options
    Billysim143Billysim143 Posts: 968 Member
    edited December 2009
    I had this problem also, to rectify it I moved my DCCache folder installed the world, then put back my DCCache folder and then it loaded correctley.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    I had this problem also, to rectify it I moved my DCCache folder installed the world, then put back my DCCache folder and then it loaded correctley.

Yahoo! :D It worked. Thank you very much!!!
    ** happy dancing ** **swings you around** I miss TS2. lol

off to playtest, thank you again, much appreciated!!
    Post edited by Unknown User on