Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Help! Disc Authentication Failure.

I get this message when I try to start the game: No game disc found! Please insert The Sims 3 World Adventures game disc before proceeding.

My game worked fine yesterday. I have taken the disc out, cleaned it, and put it back in again several times. I have taken all Mods and CC out of my game. I have uninstalled the monkey helper. What can I do to make the game work again??

Comments

• Options
    bob007bob007 Posts: 10,062 Member
    edited December 2009
    Can you see the disk in my computer (computer) and open it up and see the files? I think your dvd drive is having trouble reading the disk. It may be in the way the disk was mastered. More then likely the disk was made in a way to keep it from being copied. Try the disk in another computer and see if it works. If the disk is good then your dvd drive may be suspect. Replacement of the drive is the fastest fix.
    I do not work for EA nor do I have any association with EA. I am a gamer helping other gamers.
  • Options
    Krisha880Krisha880 Posts: 1,553 Member
    edited December 2009
    Thank you for helping me Bob - I think you are right. I updated my Windows Vista the other day, and I guess it must have done something to the dvd drive so it no longer reads the disc.