Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My Neighborhood has gaping holes where lots and home should be. Please help.

I recently made a family and the daughter moved out into her own home that I made for her. I used some custom content, but I always scan for viruses and such before I put them into the game. She moved in and I changed the active family from her parents to her with no problem. When I clicked on the bird's eye view of the neighborhood I saw huge blue holes where lots and homes should be. I've never had this happen before. I don't know what to do nor what caused this. The game plays fine except for the fact that my sim lives in a now holey neighborhood.

(click on thumbnails for full size pic)

th_Screenshot-6.jpg

th_Screenshot-7.jpg

th_Screenshot-8.jpg

I already posted this in the Tech Help forum. I just don't know how often people look in there. I just need help. Thanks in advance. :)

Comments

• Options
    mdmwhitemdmwhite Posts: 1,750 Member
    edited December 2009
    I don't think there's really a solution for it at this time. I looked in the tech forum as well and could not find anything. I had a similar issue, but my lots were black.

I would suggest taking out your most recent CC downloads and creating a new game. Some CC messes up stuff.
  • Options
    SilentResidentSilentResident Posts: 556 New Member
    edited December 2009
    Aha! You have the famous "Blue Lots Bug" which is featured by Patch 1.7/2.2

If your savegame got Blue Lots saved, then delete it. Its permanently corrupted. Sadly.

Thus, remove your CC and test it again one by one. The Blue Lots Bug is caused ONLY BY USING OUT-OF-DATE CUSTOM CONTENT. ONLY BY CC. Its not a game bug, nor a mistake of EA.

If you have CC Plants, they are the primary caution of this bug. CC Plants and CC indoor-flora must be removed from game, due to the changes applied to Plant items by Patch 1.7/2.2.

Patch 1.7/2.2 changes/edits all plants and flora in the game, which in result conflicts with the old code the out-of-date CC Plants and flora use.

Some creators have already updated their CC plants and fixed this issue.
  • Options
    NetherliaNetherlia Posts: 1,478 Member
    edited December 2009
    Lol! Cool :)
  • Options
    CharlieOllie1108CharlieOllie1108 Posts: 577 Member
    edited December 2009
    Aha! You have the famous "Blue Lots Bug" which is featured by Patch 1.7/2.2

If your savegame got Blue Lots saved, then delete it. Its permanently corrupted. Sadly.

Thus, remove your CC and test it again one by one. The Blue Lots Bug is caused ONLY BY USING OUT-OF-DATE CUSTOM CONTENT. ONLY BY CC. Its not a game bug, nor a mistake of EA.

If you have CC Plants, they are the primary caution of this bug. CC Plants and CC indoor-flora must be removed from game, due to the changes applied to Plant items by Patch 1.7/2.2.

Patch 1.7/2.2 changes/edits all plants and flora in the game, which in result conflicts with the old code the out-of-date CC Plants and flora use.

Some creators have already updated their CC plants and fixed this issue.

When I delete the saved game would that remove the sim from the family tree or would she still show as their daughter? Not a big deal either way, just curious. :) Thanks for the help and thanks to everyone who replied.