Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My Sim just spawned a clone.......

So I have a family and the husband is now in my family twice. Last time I played He went to china, got him home, didn't notice the spawned sim, but wondered where the new car in his inventory came from, and what happened to all the other stuff he had. saved and exited the game.

Then today, I am loading up the family, and he is in the family picture twice, sure enough, when i load the family, there are TWO of him, same relationships (his wife is married to both of them, etc..) same skills, spawn Sim doesn't have a job, and they have different inventory.

LOL his name is Maxis!! Has this happened to others??

I do not recall seeing this glitch before.

Comments

• Options
    SabrosaSabrosa Posts: 1,359 Member
    edited December 2009
    They also have the same traits, favorites, and are the same age.

I guess I can just move one out, the clone. The kids all think they have two fathers.
  • Options
    heidi11576heidi11576 Posts: 1,168 Member
    edited December 2009
    same thing happened to me, husband came home from france and his wife had a clone all of a sudden but her clone has different traits, a different partner and a different child and lives elsewhere. I invited her over for a party and it really messed up the game..all of a sudden her and her clone both turned into elders.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    hmmm, wonder why all of a sudden it happened. So far no problems in the house with the new clone, just an extra pair of hands around the house atm.
  • Options
    Sun2401Sun2401 Posts: 4,992 Member
    edited December 2009
    I think it is a story progression glitch
  • Options
    DarklingDarkling Posts: 6,327 Member
    edited December 2009
    I have never spawned a clone but it sounds so freaky!

I have a question, however? Does the "original" get mad when the clone gets affectionate with the wifey? And do the kids see it as cheating or as normal? This sounds like a recipe for disaster!!!
    14785081519_9e388018bc_o.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    have a question, however? Does the "original" get mad when the clone gets affectionate with the wifey? And do the kids see it as cheating or as normal? This sounds like a recipe for disaster!!!

Darkling, that is what I was wondering, will have to check that out next time I play. It's weird, to see two of them in the house... reminds me of that movie, Multiplicity w/ Michael Keaton. :D
  • Options
    Diana34Diana34 Posts: 2
    edited December 2009
    I have spawned 2 clones. Same traits same job same everyting. But they do their commands and needs at different time. This is weird.
  • Options
    FaellenFaellen Posts: 154 New Member
    edited December 2009
    The clones are back??

OH GOD NO! D:
  • Options
    0nyx0nyx Posts: 22 New Member
    edited December 2009
    Just wait til you kick the clone out and the real one sees him die on the way home from work. It's quite odd to be mourning yourself .....

Yea, this happened to me. I ended up saving the sim, starting a new city and playing him. Haven't had any more issues.
  • Options
    deja7vudeja7vu Posts: 3 New Member
    edited December 2009
    My game spawned a clone after a trip to China as well. And YES, spouses/significant others DO get upset and see it as cheating. Both clones do, actually. I actually haven't opened my game since the clone issue because I'm worried to find more bugs and glitches in my game.
  • Options
    RaptorX8RaptorX8 Posts: 45 Member
    edited December 2009
    Wow! Never had that happen with the Sims 3. Happened in Sims 2 once. Teenager brought a clone of herself home from school as a 'new friend'. It was hilarious and shocking at the same time. But eventually the clone left and was never seen again...

Clones don't understand that it's not cheating if it's just another you. :lol:
  • Options
    shelwassshelwass Posts: 1,168 Member
    edited December 2009
    My sim married a Chinese shopkeeper. The shopkeeper, now a playable character, went back to China and met her clone.

Also, it maintained her Chinese family relationships until she went back to China, at which point she was no longer related to anyone (except, of course, her spouse). :-o
  • Options
    QueenbloodlmpQueenbloodlmp Posts: 427 New Member
    edited December 2009
    i would change his looks a bit and play it a a woman with hubbys who are twin brothers might be fun