The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Discover University Question

So I'm trying to fill up my Britechester world with university students. I downloaded a group of 8 roommates from the gallery that are already enrolled in Britechester campus with degrees. The game still is not letting me add them to Wyvern Hall because I have to go through enrollment. But they are already enrolled! How can I add these 8 sims to the dorm? (I will NOT be playing any of these sims...I just want them in Wyvern while I play my sim in Drake Hall)

Comments

• Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,547 Member
    I don't believe you actually can add sims that you are not playing.
    I've always had to settle for editing the dormies that the game selected.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,952 Member
    Unfortunately, sims can only be moved into university housing through the enrollment process. Even after the sims have enrolled, you cannot just simply have them reside there.

The only way is to have them withdraw from the term, wait for some days, and re-enroll them one by one, choosing the Wyvern Hall as their residence.
  • Options
    aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,109 Member
    This is a flawed system. :|
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,579 Member
    aaronrulz wrote: »
    That's a polite way of putting it :D I wish we could just move them into a dorm and that will auto-enrol them. If filling up uni from scratch I also hate that you have to wait about three days to get the acceptance. Grrrr.
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,952 Member
    aaronrulz wrote: »

I... agree.

On one hand, yes, there could always be a chance that at least one of the sim in the household could not be enrolled into university, or even be enrolled into a different university. This possibility might be why they did this.

On the other hand, couldn't they just implement a check or something. If sim is not enrolled into university or is enrolled into a different university, don't allow.

And with NPC university roommates, it seems as you really cannot control it as it takes random young adult or adult sims to be there (and enrolls them into the university too). You could separate into different households only containing 1 sim, but it won't guarantee they appear...
  • Options
    JALJAL Posts: 1,091 Member
    edited May 4
    @aaronrulz Do you use mods in your game? Or would consider doing so? LittleMsSam has a mod that allows you to choose your roommates, which works like a charm. I use it all the time. While in live mode, click the mailbox in the dorm and add the sims you want to add. You might need to remove some first.

If you do not want to use mods, then yes, editing existing dormmates is the only way other than enrolling them. Note, however, that enrolling them will add them to the family not make them roommates, so then you have to play them.

@elanorbreton If you shift-click a sim you can enroll them directly without waiting the three days.
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!
  • Options
    aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,109 Member
    JAL wrote: »
    @aaronrulz Do you use mods in your game? Or would consider doing so? LittleMsSam has a mod that allows you to choose your roommates, which works like a charm. I use it all the time. While in live mode, click the mailbox in the dorm and add the sims you want to add. You might need to remove some first.

I do have that mod but what I'm asking has nothing to do with roommates. I just want to populate the dorms that my sim is not living in. but thanks
  • Options
    Ok, then I understand. The easiest way then is to take the ones you want to move in and move them into any empty lot, then go to the lot and enroll them into uni and choose their dorm. If they are already in uni there is a cheat to make them finish the term (university.finish_term), then sign them up for a new term and change where they live to the dorm. That way you do not need to have them drop out, wait and then return.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 7,003 Member
    JAL wrote: »

If you do not want to use mods, then yes, editing existing dormmates is the only way other than enrolling them. Note, however, that enrolling them will add them to the family not make them roommates, so then you have to play them.

@elanorbreton If you shift-click a sim you can enroll them directly without waiting the three days.

Can you enroll them directly if you don’t have mods ( I don’t use mods )? If so, do you need to type in testing cheats on first?
  • Options
    LeucosiaXLeucosiaX Posts: 1,753 Member
    I think the university pack is the toughest. Even with McCommand center population setting to import from tray, if i remember correctly from when I tried it, it still loads it's own roommates. I only got one from my library. Maybe takes a few semesters to kick in. If I test it again, I will let you know if it worked.
  • Options
    edited May 9
    @SheriSim57 Yes you can, and yes you need testing cheats on. I use this page for all my university cheats and it's been dead helpful: https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/expansionpacks/discoveruniversity/cheats.php