Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

For Rent

There's a sale going on and For Rent is the only expansion pack I don't have.... But I follow people like Deligracy on youtube, and she is not the only one who can't make this work, and I really don't want to waste money on something I can't use.... Will it ever be fixed?

Comments

• Options
    LeucosiaXLeucosiaX Posts: 1,788 Member
    I would like to know the same. I have the pack but I learned I had to keep my residential rents lots down to less than 13 to avoid save corruption upon first getting the pack in December. I want to know if it's fixed yet an i can expand the amount of residential rentals I currently have with no problem, or if it will ever be fixed.
    I am currently playing one of my apartments, it's really a townhouse but it's only one of 13 units. I want to make more units in my save.
    Editing the residential rental is extremely slow and laggy down to a snails place. It makes it so you should only edit it when it's not a residential rental which is not that user friendly to have pre-planned everything a sims household would have needed and not like playing the sims and not feasible. That's a gameplay problem but the least of the problem when considering a game save corruption possibility.

I have yet to experience the pet adoption party which randomly occurs in a residential rental. I don't know why you can't throw one like every other event, and why this weighs on randomly generated. I wouldn't want someone randomly throwing a pet adoption at my place. It seems more like something that should occur at a park or community lot. Just constructive criticism on that aspect of game play design.

The landlord coming to make repairs in game didn't work out so well, and others generated on lot is sparse among the other notes I made. There is a spawner by Little Miss Sam mod which may help but should be a part of the fix.

As for the other complaints that the simmer streamers made, I don't know what they are but I would like to know.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,714 Member
    LeucosiaX wrote: »
    Editing the residential rental is extremely slow and laggy down to a snails place. It makes it so you should only edit it when it's not a residential rental which is not that user friendly to have pre-planned everything a sims household would have needed and not like playing the sims and not feasible. That's a gameplay problem but the least of the problem when considering a game save corruption possibility.

By "editing" do you mean build or buy mode? Do you get problems with say adding or moving a chair, or is it mainly if adjusting walls (borders of the unit)?
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options

By "editing" do you mean build or buy mode? Do you get problems with say adding or moving a chair, or is it mainly if adjusting walls (borders of the unit)?

yes @Simmerville going into build buy mode to make the slightest edits renders pointless unless you have all the time of your life to give up. Literally getting in to build buy mode takes like a loading minute. Once in I click in one category takes another loading minute. I try to speed things up and type exactly what I want in the search engine, rainbow mac spinning disk image for like another. I actually pulled out my stopwatch to time it once and one spinning wheel on a single command was 45 seconds, just to enter a command. It's nearly impossible unless you want to hang your life up at the door.
  • Options
    Jane22Jane22 Posts: 10 New Member
    I'm also interested in For Rent, don't have it (yet?). I've been quite happy just playing in the City Living apartments, so not sure if it's worth getting if the risk of corruption/lag is high.
  • Options
    I forgot to mention when in build buy mode, goodness forbid you find something you finally like in catalog and place it, you have to wait another like 45 seconds where it disappears and then is placed and you can move on to the next item. Really seems like it is designed so anyone with common sense knows not to go in build buy mode in a residential rental.
  • Options

yes @Simmerville going into build buy mode to make the slightest edits renders pointless unless you have all the time of your life to give up. Literally getting in to build buy mode takes like a loading minute. Once in I click in one category takes another loading minute. I try to speed things up and type exactly what I want in the search engine, rainbow mac spinning disk image for like another. I actually pulled out my stopwatch to time it once and one spinning wheel on a single command was 45 seconds, just to enter a command. It's nearly impossible unless you want to hang your life up at the door.

I'm having a similar loading delay in my game on any lot, I think it's due to tons of CC. I found a quicker way to avoid the long lading time. Instead of clicking on the left side "furniture" icon, I use the eyedrop tool and select just any item in that room. It loads way quicker because (I think) the game will load only that specific category, like Decor. This method might save you some time, too.
  • Options
    edited May 1
    I forgot to mention when in build buy mode, goodness forbid you find something you finally like in catalog and place it, you have to wait another like 45 seconds where it disappears and then is placed and you can move on to the next item. Really seems like it is designed so anyone with common sense knows not to go in build buy mode in a residential rental.

Is it just as slow when dragging something from a sim's inventory, like placing a crystal on a surface or a city poster on the wall? Or is it only slow when placing something from the BB catalog? In general I read that game will be slower if inventories are packed, so it is advices to have an inventory cleaning every now and then. Not sure if this affects RR lots, though.
  • Options
    edited May 1

I'm having a similar loading delay in my game on any lot, I think it's due to tons of CC. I found a quicker way to avoid the long lading time. Instead of clicking on the left side "furniture" icon, I use the eyedrop tool and select just any item in that room. It loads way quicker because (I think) the game will load only that specific category, like Decor. This method might save you some time, too.

The lag exist without custom content as well. I did see a very popular simmer on twitch note the same and suggest everyone fully decorate it as a residence before converting it to a residential rental. That's way too much extensive planning for so many different personalities and not enough fluidity for game play as it was intended.
    Even using eyedropper tools leads to long loading spinning disk. The catalog loading from your mods folder should not cause that kind of delay. I used to draw on autocad and vectorworks. it's loading from the place it's on the computer but it should not be freezing and lagging. @Simmerville It's clear it's a problem because even if I place a non cc item, and I always choose non cc due to the games inability to play otherwise, it still takes another minute to place. If it werent for the lag one could build empires with this pack. One townhouse, 1/5 of a lot I can have a whole generation live in there.
    Post edited by LeucosiaX on
  • Options
    edited May 1

Is it just as slow when dragging something from a sim's inventory, like placing a crystal on a surface or a city poster on the wall? Or is it only slow when placing something from the BB catalog? In general I read that game will be slower if inventories are packed, so it is advices to have an inventory cleaning every now and then. Not sure if this affects RR lots, though.
    @Simmerville
    In a residential rental, all of build buy, even getting into it is extremely, I mean over exaggeratingly laggy. I mean you can not realistically furnish a residential rental at this rate. Rest of my game is not this bad.
    Post edited by LeucosiaX on
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,519 Member
    Argh. That's a shame that there are still a bunch of issues. I really wanted this pack when it was first announced, but I won't buy it if it doesn't work right. It seems really weird to me that just furnishing or altering the apartments are such a big issue, as that's kind of a no-brainer function that players would expect. It seems more and more evident that the pack was never properly tested or completed, and I suspect that EA wanted it rushed out for the money in a year when two other EPs were already released. I hope they don't try that again and have learned to give these packs enough time for proper development.

If it ever does get fixed, I'd be happy to get it, but now I feel like I have to wait for every release just in case another For Rent fiasco happens. Unfortunately, my faith in new Sims 4 content is shooketh.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,498 Member
    Does the lag only happen on residential rentals or also on other lots when for rent is installed? I would like to get the pack f for the world and some items like kettles and hopscotch. I could stay awake from residential rentals but don't want to risk this lag on all lots.
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,236 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    Does the lag only happen on residential rentals or also on other lots when for rent is installed? I would like to get the pack f for the world and some items like kettles and hopscotch. I could stay awake from residential rentals but don't want to risk this lag on all lots.

I have no lag in build/buy in either rental lots or others.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg
  • Options
    The build lag only occurs in the residential rentals @Atreya33 you could get the pack and use the work around to have the apartments fully furnished, with only needing to go into build buy when utterly necessary for a few items. I just through of the work around, tedious but you can build the room as you like in another save as a residential lot, and them drop it from your library, but I would have to test if that's possible.
  • Options
    Bluegayle wrote: »

That's interesting because I saw other simmers on twitch complain about the same thing day one before I even bought the pack.
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,236 Member
    @LeucosiaX I did as well. In fact when I first installed For Rent there was some lag in build mode but since patches I no longer have that problem. And I hope I didn't just jinx myself. :|
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg
  • Options
    Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 894 Member
    I have some lag when in build /buy mode in rentals, but nowhere near as bad as what you are describing. Yet I have also seen let's plays where the lag is crazy. It is really interesting how the issue doesn't effect all of us the same way. I am guessing that would make it hard to pin down the actual issue, if there is just one.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,498 Member
    Bluegayle wrote: »

So it doesn't affect everyone. That's interesting. Too bad it's not possible to know in advance.
  • Options
    Shanney139Shanney139 Posts: 62 Member

So it doesn't affect everyone. That's interesting. Too bad it's not possible to know in advance.

No, but Deligracy didn't get issues till later on. She did a lot of playing with it and as time progressed she said it simply became unplayable. Also people complain that they can't set the rent very high, and as such there is no real income for a landlord to gain. And it kind of annoys me that one has to 'work around' issues because things don't work. This is something we pay for, and one should expect it to work.
  • Options
    Shanney139 wrote: »

No, but Deligracy didn't get issues till later on. She did a lot of playing with it and as time progressed she said it simply became unplayable. Also people complain that they can't set the rent very high, and as such there is no real income for a landlord to gain. And it kind of annoys me that one has to 'work around' issues because things don't work. This is something we pay for, and one should expect it to work.

My landlords have always gotten paid, and they ask the maximum amount of rent. It'a really the best way to make money in the sims, No complaints there. Playing as a tenant, I made the first payment last play session which was not easy to find on the computer.

I haven't played enough with it, but trying it out now more thoroughly as I am hoping to be able to increase the amount of units, if I get the clearance from an update.
  • Options
    I think (some of the lag) is connected to lots from the gallery. We never know if the creator changed lot categories etc, and if the lot was created while the For Rent lot category was a thing, it might still affect that lot. I don't notice any BB lag that can not be blamed my exploding CC folder, but then I never dl'ed any lots from the gallery.
  • Options
    Shanney139Shanney139 Posts: 62 Member
    Well - I guess EA at least has listened to all those of us who do experience issues....

https://twitter.com/TheSims/status/1793661216319308202/photo/1

• Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,549 Member
    Has anyone else experienced sims from other apartments inviting themselves in to your sim's apartment to use their stuff?
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 6,044 Member
    @CK213 There are a bunch of bug reports about this, and various issues that can cause it have been fixed

Is there extreme weather at the time? (that's still an open bug)
    Do the invading sims have the goofball or erratic traits? (that's by design)
  • Options
    anonymousimmeranonymousimmer Posts: 51 Member
    this pack is only worth 15 $ as it comes with 1 feature really
  • Options
    anonymousimmeranonymousimmer Posts: 51 Member
    because of all the bugs and glitches, they lack of gameplay and bare minimum features and small world was overshadowed. everyone was so concerned about the bugs with for rent that no one really took a close look of how bad the pack actually is . the feature of building apartments is definitely not bad but imagine charging 40$ for some system changes .