Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

cut gemstone worth 2500 simoleons

DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,944 Member
How?

I've searched on google and bling. All I can find is people repeating the in game text and calling it a guide. I was able to sell a jewelry piece on the sales table for ( 2100 simoleons ) but gemstones don't sell that high.

So how do I get a gemstone worth 2500 to complete the aspiration?

Comments

• Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,410 Member
    edited March 4
    What quality are they? I've been selling carved pumpkins on the sales table and the quality seems to matter. Did you mark up the prices to 300%?
  • Options
    edited March 4
    They're excellent quality. When I marked up the prices to 100% people stopped buying. The first time I used the table I set it to 75% and that's when I got the 2100 simoleons for the jewelry piece.

I'm not really sure how the table works because I click 'tend the table' and then click 'start the sale'. But sometimes when I click on the table when it says 'start the sale' no sims show up, so I click on the table again and it says 'tend the table' after I ( had ) clicked on 'start the sale'.

I'm in Strangervill and using fast speed to get the sims to show up.
  • Options
    I've had plenty of customers with 200% and 300% prices. From my experience sims don't much care about the price. Maybe try higher prices again?
  • Options

Thank you @musteni for your help on marking up the prices. I'm going to add the marketing trait to my sim, it should help according to the second video.

I also found these 2 videos that explain how the sales table works. The first video explains how the table works and the second one explains how the food items work.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cL-aQDdO5A
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ozvdTaCC3E
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,932 Member
    Sales tables only come with packs though right? The CCSP aspiration probably doesn't depend on items from another pack to complete the aspiration. There's probably another way.

(if it isn't a bug)

• Options
    @mightysprite Crystal Creations comes with its own sales table I think.

@DragonAge_300905 I hope you get it working :)
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,446 Member
    edited March 4
    musteni wrote: »
    @mightysprite Crystal Creations comes with its own sales table I think.

@DragonAge_300905 I hope you get it working :)

Crystal creations is the 4th pack with a sales table. The others are city living, jungle adventures and eco lifestyle.
    Sims-4-Crystal-Creations-Cat-12.jpg
  • Options
    flauschtrudflauschtrud Posts: 242 Member
    I don't have the pack so I can't tell for sure, but I think the aspiration is not about selling the gemstone since it only says "cut gemstone". I would try to level up the Gemology skill and use rare crystals. I'd guess this would be the way to cut something that is worth more.
    I make gameplay mods! You can find them at CurseForge.
    My first attempt at creating a Sims comic: The Parker-Goth Legacy.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,691 Member
    I think you will need:
    - rare crystal
    - high Gemology skill
    - a suiting Mood while crafting it (Inspired or Focused?)
    - mark up prices on sales table
    - not sure if a certain cut shape might give a higher sale value
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    MogopMogop Posts: 39 Member
    I completed the aspiration, no selling table involved. My sim was level 10 in Gemology, Very Focused, used Plumbite and the most expensive cut. The finished result was worth 2504 simoleons, lol.
  • Options

@Mogop Thank you!
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,351 Member
    Would the Marketable reward trait help?
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,932 Member
    @musteni @Atreya33 Ah gotcha
    @Mogop Nice :) I wonder if that is the only way to do it? without sales table or reward trait
  • Options
    edited March 4
    @musteni @Atreya33 Ah gotcha
    @Mogop Nice :) I wonder if that is the only way to do it? without sales table or reward trait

I was able to do it with level 10 gemology, jet a rare crystal, and the gnome. I didn't add the trait, so it's not needed for the aspiration. I will add the trait later to get better prices on the sales table though.

Eta. Also I was focused. And it has to be a rare crystal because I did it with a diamond and it didn't make enough for the aspiration.
  • Options
    Would the Marketable reward trait help?

It'll probably help for better prices on the sale table but the sale table's not needed to complete the aspiration.
  • Options
    iliekponieziliekponiez Posts: 455 Member
    I completed it by cutting plumbite into a gnome! Excellent quality. Was worth a little over 2,500.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,446 Member
    I completed it by cutting plumbite into a gnome! Excellent quality. Was worth a little over 2,500.

This combination did the trick for me as well, 2531 simoleons to be exact. My sim has gemology skill level 10 and was very focused and it still took 3 attempts with a rare crystal. An amber gnome (amber shows as the most expensive crystal in the list) and a Jet skull just weren't good enough. At least I now already have the crystal to call grim.