Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Steampunk gamepack

I feel like there could be a lot of interest in a Steampunk set, it would please fantasy lovers while still not alienating the family players that Sims 4 seems to cater to pretty exclusively.

Main thing the pack could add is steampunk versions of all electronics, even a phone skin that replaces the symbols with more fitting things too.
But televisions, computers, thermostat, kitchen appliances, hot tub, etc. It could all get a steampunk version.
Nice fashions as well, including of course Victorian style outfits and furniture too.
Could also include a steampunk version of the bot builder station, letting you make steampunk versions of the same items, including a steampunk Simbot. Would all use the botbuilding skill too.

Something new that could be added would be duelling pistols and swords. Each could have a station where you can craft them using specific materials, would give more use to the various metals you can find in the game.

Swords could use the same animations as a lightsaber duel, would put those great animations to further use. Only the opening and ending animations would be different and the sounds. Using anything better than basic metals could also allow the sword to not be broken on contact with lightsabers, which could be a fun little thing for those who have both packs, allowing sword on lightsaber duels.
You could pick a design and a metal for your sword at the crafting station, more elaborate designs could be unlocked as your handiness skill improves.

Pistols would have a different crafting table, like swords you could pick a metal and design for it. The metal could affect what ammunition you can use for it.
Pistols would only be used in duelling, and would be non lethal. You could craft different ammunition that would have a different effect when you hit the opponent and thus win the duel, making it very clear who got hit and loses.
It would really be in classic fashion of the Sims standing with their back to each other, taking a few steps and turning to fire, bullets releasing with a puff of smoke, when hitting the target there's also a cloud of smoke fitting to the effect.
Some possible effects for bullets:
-Soot bullet. The target is hit with a black cloud of smoke and when it vanishes, they are covered in soot.
-Stink bullet. The target's hygiene drops to zero and smells badly to those around them.
-Sleeping dart. The target falls asleep.
-Frost bullet. The target freezes in place for a little while.
-Water bullet. The target is now soaking wet.
-Vanishing bullet. The target disappears for a few hours before returning at the same spot, very confused.
-Fire bullet. Puts the target on fire, but they can put themselves out.
-ROFL bullet. Causes the target to get very playful and start laughing like crazy for a moment, rolling over the floor laughing.

In either case, a Sim carrying a pistol or sword in their inventory can challenge another Sim carrying either a sword of any kind of pistol to either a friendly duel with a handshake, or an unfriendly duel with a glove slap.

There could be a small neighbourhood added in the game pack in kind of a Victorian Steampunk style, with like 4 spots for houses and including a community lot that has a duelling ring and all kinds of excitement going on, maybe you could go on an airship or train ride as well which wouldn't be a rabbit hole, but lets your Sim spend a few days on either an airship or a luxury train wagon. Like a vacation, and some possible incidents could occur during it, like repairs being needed or someone on board challenging your sim to a duel and the winner leaves with both weapons.

Playing cards could also be a new activity added in the pack, Sims could play poker. Could also possibly be added in a free accompanying update to the base game.

Comments

• Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    edited December 2023
    I like this idea
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    RedShoe7RedShoe7 Posts: 706 Member
    I would love some steampunk style build/buy and clothing in the game!
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    i would not mind such a pack unless they includes toggles to turn off unwanted features in the game unless they are simple water guns and nothing vileoent
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    RedShoe7RedShoe7 Posts: 706 Member
    I'm not really interested in the swords and guns and dueling. But I would love a fairy pack with a steampunk theme/world.
  • Options
    I have to admit that the weapons are the part that attracts me the most.
  • Options
    rhaliusrhalius Posts: 456 Member
    It could add a bit of excitement yes, and it can be handled just fine without deaths or such. With the pistol the special shots would be more in the spirit of pranks. If modders want to add lethal duels, that's up to them.
    We already have lightsaber duels in the game so I figure we should get regular sword fights too, putting those animations to some more use.
  • Options
    I would love a swordplay skill in particular. There could be negative buffs for losing duels.
  • Options
    rhaliusrhalius Posts: 456 Member
    That too, would be neat if traits might determine some stuff there so it can be more than just a slight debuff.
    Like a hot headed or envious sim could want a rematch, while a lazy sim could just be pretty chill about losing, not really caring.

I feel like there could be some sort of sword master aspiration too, there's not many athletic aspirations and this could involve both crafting swords and winning duels, maybe including finding the rare metals and full handiness skill required to craft the rarest sword around.

Could also be great to decorate walls with your sims own swords. Pistols could maybe be displayed on a rack or something.

They could also toy with the idea that maybe each supernatural could be weak to a specific metal, making it easier to beat them when wielding a sword with it. Like a silver sword against a werewolf, and maybe some alien material against aliens.

I honestly also see possibilities for a pistol vs spellcaster duel, in a cross over. In that case the mage has to choose their spell like the pistoleer has to pick their bullet. Could have some very unique possibilities there with how different spells and bullets can interact. Throwing soot against a fireball could maybe cause a bigger fire that makes it end in a draw.
    Shooting a water bullet against an ice spell, could cause the ice spell to create a bigger chunk of ice around the pistoleer, thus staying frozen for longer.
  • Options
    hely0thely0t Posts: 345 Member
    I've been a steampunk lover for years so this would be a great addition to me, but I wouldn't be interested in the weapons (even if they are comical).
    "You've got a face, I've got a face, it's all gonna be alright." - Noel Fielding
  • Options
    Katofhyrule12Katofhyrule12 Posts: 725 Member
    I think we are more likely to get a Steampunk pack than a Fairies pack. Of all the ideas and speculation that I see at this forum, I think Steampunk is one of the most likely packs.
  • Options
    OccultmasterOccultmaster Posts: 127 Member
    rhalius wrote: »
    It could add a bit of excitement yes, and it can be handled just fine without deaths or such. With the pistol the special shots would be more in the spirit of pranks. If modders want to add lethal duels, that's up to them.
    We already have lightsaber duels in the game so I figure we should get regular sword fights too, putting those animations to some more use.

That would be a Shame if it was made "kid friendly", I wish us Console Simmers got some lethal weapons, the Lightsabers don't function property, since nobody loses a hand or died to a Lightsaber death, Duels to the Death were pretty fun in Sims Medieval, plus I'm always looking for new fun and interesting ways to murder townies, especially those 🐸🐸🐸🐸 Landgraabs, their Torment must Never End.
  • Options
    rhalius wrote: »
    I feel like there could be a lot of interest in a Steampunk set, it would please fantasy lovers while still not alienating the family players that Sims 4 seems to cater to pretty exclusively.

Main thing the pack could add is steampunk versions of all electronics, even a phone skin that replaces the symbols with more fitting things too.
    But televisions, computers, thermostat, kitchen appliances, hot tub, etc. It could all get a steampunk version.
    Nice fashions as well, including of course Victorian style outfits and furniture too.
    Could also include a steampunk version of the bot builder station, letting you make steampunk versions of the same items, including a steampunk Simbot. Would all use the botbuilding skill too.

Something new that could be added would be duelling pistols and swords. Each could have a station where you can craft them using specific materials, would give more use to the various metals you can find in the game.

Swords could use the same animations as a lightsaber duel, would put those great animations to further use. Only the opening and ending animations would be different and the sounds. Using anything better than basic metals could also allow the sword to not be broken on contact with lightsabers, which could be a fun little thing for those who have both packs, allowing sword on lightsaber duels.
    You could pick a design and a metal for your sword at the crafting station, more elaborate designs could be unlocked as your handiness skill improves.

Pistols would have a different crafting table, like swords you could pick a metal and design for it. The metal could affect what ammunition you can use for it.
    Pistols would only be used in duelling, and would be non lethal. You could craft different ammunition that would have a different effect when you hit the opponent and thus win the duel, making it very clear who got hit and loses.
    It would really be in classic fashion of the Sims standing with their back to each other, taking a few steps and turning to fire, bullets releasing with a puff of smoke, when hitting the target there's also a cloud of smoke fitting to the effect.
    Some possible effects for bullets:
    -Soot bullet. The target is hit with a black cloud of smoke and when it vanishes, they are covered in soot.
    -Stink bullet. The target's hygiene drops to zero and smells badly to those around them.
    -Sleeping dart. The target falls asleep.
    -Frost bullet. The target freezes in place for a little while.
    -Water bullet. The target is now soaking wet.
    -Vanishing bullet. The target disappears for a few hours before returning at the same spot, very confused.
    -Fire bullet. Puts the target on fire, but they can put themselves out.
    -ROFL bullet. Causes the target to get very playful and start laughing like crazy for a moment, rolling over the floor laughing.

In either case, a Sim carrying a pistol or sword in their inventory can challenge another Sim carrying either a sword of any kind of pistol to either a friendly duel with a handshake, or an unfriendly duel with a glove slap.

There could be a small neighbourhood added in the game pack in kind of a Victorian Steampunk style, with like 4 spots for houses and including a community lot that has a duelling ring and all kinds of excitement going on, maybe you could go on an airship or train ride as well which wouldn't be a rabbit hole, but lets your Sim spend a few days on either an airship or a luxury train wagon. Like a vacation, and some possible incidents could occur during it, like repairs being needed or someone on board challenging your sim to a duel and the winner leaves with both weapons.

Playing cards could also be a new activity added in the pack, Sims could play poker. Could also possibly be added in a free accompanying update to the base game.

A Victorian steampunk pack could also be cross compatible with Vampires, Werewolves and RoM seeing as the Victorian era was about the Time where PEOPLE were Leaving the OLD WORLD (Superstition & Folklore) and Entering the NEW WORLD (Technology and Logic).
  • Options

A Victorian steampunk pack could also be cross compatible with Vampires, Werewolves and RoM seeing as the Victorian era was about the Time where PEOPLE were Leaving the OLD WORLD (Superstition & Folklore) and Entering the NEW WORLD (Technology and Logic).

I agree the crosspack play would be great! Some medieval players would welcome the chance to have steampunk electronics to replace the ultra modern electronics if they cannot remove them completely.

If I had to vote on all the ideas being presented, I think this one might be the best idea for a pack for the community as a whole. If we have a vote like we had a vote for the kits, I vote for steampunk for a stuff pack..

• Options

I agree the crosspack play would be great! Some medieval players would welcome the chance to have steampunk electronics to replace the ultra modern electronics if they cannot remove them completely.

If I had to vote on all the ideas being presented, I think this one might be the best idea for a pack for the community as a whole. If we have a vote like we had a vote for the kits, I vote for steampunk for a stuff pack..

I could see more of a Game pack than a Stuff pack.
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I'd be interested in steampunk. I think that would pair well with a historic detective concept sort of like Sherlock Holmes. I know there's a detective in Get To Work but I'm thinking of something more like StrangerVille but set in Victorian London. Actually, that would pair well with the interest some players have in crime.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    I'd be interested in steampunk. I think that would pair well with a historic detective concept sort of like Sherlock Holmes. I know there's a detective in Get To Work but I'm thinking of something more like StrangerVille but set in Victorian London. Actually, that would pair well with the interest some players have in crime.

Great idea, it's making me excited, no wait... excited is not the word I'm looking for, is it inventive?, whatever it's called your Idea making me brainstorm, What If combine both concepts, like the Sims version of Jack the Ripper can be like a Werewolf or Something Supernatural, we won't know who they look like in human form, we'll know that a Monster is commiting random murders, while hunt him or her down and uncovering a larger conspiracy along the way, like what if all the victims have some sort of secret connection making not as random as it seems.
  • Options

I could see more of a Game pack than a Stuff pack.

I'd love a Sherlock Holmes Steampunk gamepack!!!

• Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    @Occultmaster @Katofhyrule12 Thank you very much, that's really nice of you. I was just thinking those ideas would go together and a lot of people have been requesting crime but that seems like a way that the player could take it in whatever direction they want. Honestly at this point the game is set up so that occults can work into any part of the game. I like when they give players the option but that type of world would be well-suited to many of the occults. I guess I like brainstorming.

Thanks again!
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.