Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Would you purchase a prison pack?

I had a discussion with a friend on a potential prison pack, and the more we talked about it the more I actually started wanting it.

Features would include the official return of Cops/Burglars, which would be patched into the base game.

The pack would come with a new prison lot type. Doing actions such as starting fires, pickpocketing, breaking into a sim's home, severe pranks, starting fights, stealing, hacking, etc may end you up in sims jail. Sims Jail is an actual playable lot where you are assigned prison clothes, a cell and prison mates.

Keep in mind, this is the sims, so it's all light hearted and silly. A new interaction is to ask your prison mates "What are you in for?" With silly dialogue options like "I washed the dishes in the bathroom sink.", "I fed my neighbor to a cowplant", "I said I didn't want free ear buds." etc.

Your sim can serve their time, attempt to break out, start riots, bribe guards or judges to get away with things, or hire a lawyer to get you out.
e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png

Comments

• Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,343 Member
    I love playing prisons and, in historical saves, penal colonies! Ironically that's why I'd be sceptical of such a pack, because I enjoy setting my own rules. CAS and BB would be very welcome, the actual gameplay could be hit or miss. For example I wouldn't want the game to put pop up dialogue into the mouth of sims that are in my rotation. (The regular speech bubbles are already hilarious enough - I fondly remember one of my sims giving a defense speech in court and instead of defending them, he threatened the court with the image of a tank. The sim in question was a Hot-Head, so that left little to the imagination, lol.)

Therefore a tentative "Yes, I might want this" from me.
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    only if i can turn off those features via game options but most of my sims ill behave
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,965 Member
    edited December 2023
    as much as I'd love this
    I feel like this is something they should have done with GTW
    like most assets already exist in that pack

also another thing is I imagine other inmates would either be randomized sims (which I do not allow in my save)
    or random premades for random crimes which would bother me even more tbh since it be incorrect

like for example say Olive Specter was jailed (awesome!)
    but turns out she was just jailed for stealing someones pumpkin? (not something Olive would do)
    I would be very disappointed.

for this all to work nicely for me there should be way to select which sims are jailed and for what
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    I play prison themes occasionally but I can never quite work out what the long term goals are. I started making the prisoners students with their university course loads determining the sentences, but it gets annoying with a full household so I get bored quickly.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    Katofhyrule12Katofhyrule12 Posts: 720 Member
    Yes, I would buy it. I think it would require more work than some other themes, though. I would rather EA pumped out more of the easier to create themes than fewer harder to create themes.
  • Options
    NightwalkerArkanisNightwalkerArkanis Posts: 272 Member
    I would have to take a long look at it's feature - the so called punishment system. I have a feeling my vampire and werewolf would be arrested on a near daily basis.

But creating your own basement dungeon, bars as walls, ball and chains, chains hanging on the walls, and what else... that's tempting.
    Also need specially enchanted prison bars to stop vampires and spellcasters from fleeing.

What do we want to get rid of: The holiday bug, the constant showering and the weed glitch.
  • Options
    EneroDesyembreEneroDesyembre Posts: 64 Member
    I already have my chain link fences and gates from werewolves so I'm good
  • Options
    Katofhyrule12Katofhyrule12 Posts: 720 Member
    There are too many ways that this pack could get weird or glitchy. The mods would be extreme. I am sure that streamers would use it with great glee, but I think this is something that EA should skip. I would buy it if EA tried, but I would probably uninstall it after awhile.
  • Options
    EleriEleri Posts: 552 Member
    I would want it to come with an active social service career.
    -No, my almost-elderly mother, I don't think it's a good time for you to try for a baby.
    -Yes, person I barely know, you have my blessing to hang out with Johnny Zest.
    -No person with the mean, hot-headed and self-absorbed traits, I don't think you should get married.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,593 Member
    I would love it if it got tied to the occupations of Lawyer/Judge. Making playing those careers more fulfilling. Would be funny, too, if we could follow our prisoner/Sim into court. With all kinds of silliness going on, of course. Who will be the first to create a Sim version of Perry Mason, Ben Matlock?
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    Jupiter_Craze98Jupiter_Craze98 Posts: 4 New Member
    I would buy it if it made the criminal career playable like the get to work careers. With different organisations kind of like how the werewolf packs work. And a small world that is a shady underbelly full of shady and mysterious sims to encounter.
    If you were to be caught committing a crime you could either choose to give up info on the organisation you're with or do the time in prison. A prison sentence could work similar to a term in university perhaps. But instead of getting out with a diploma, you have a criminal record xD
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Yes please! My Burglar Twins so needs that. Mah, ha, ha, ha. >:):D:p;)
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    I would especially for the fun and stories like a kid gets in trouble drops out of highschool or expelled, then live life of crime, go to prison and maybe have a redemption or have a redemption challenge. Even set up a prison break.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Sims 4 is way to childish for this theme to be fun for me. I'm not totally against prisons they should have been a playable buildable lot since Get to Work was added in every world but I just don't see much actual prison game play would be there.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    rhaliusrhalius Posts: 456 Member
    At this point it might be more something for a competitor of the sims that does not aim for all content to be suitable for six year olds.
    The series has lost all it's edge over the years, I figure sooner or later a competitor will be smart enough to pick up the pieces.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited December 2023
    I wouldn't purchase one (and I'd be tempted to not install it if I had a free game code -- I can't see myself playing it), and I don't think they'd make one. There's not a lot of wholesome gameplay there.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    rhaliusrhalius Posts: 456 Member
    That's sadly the whole theme for Sims 4: Making it the most wholesome/boring Sims experience there is.

• Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,386 Member
    They could make the prison lot a new type of residential lot that you need to meet certain requirements in order to leave. Your sim could be assigned kitchen duty or cleaning duty or some other type job in order to earn some small amount of money and an NPC prison warden could come by every day, maybe they could work in shifts, and they maybe could give you tasks to do and you could maybe schmooze them up to try and get early release. Or they could get extra time if they mess up. I suppose it could be interesting for some people in the same way university pack is for some except that sims will get a different set of skills and maybe some prison quality tattoos.
  • Options
    redrogue60redrogue60 Posts: 2,053 Member
    Given that the prison system in the US tends to be very revenge oriented and not as interested in reducing recidivism or even hiding how it sentences certain groups to incarceration and for longer, and this would be the model…nope.
    “All mushrooms are edible, but some only once.” Terry Pratchett
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    In one of the other threads we were talking about the idea of a Victorian steampunk world with detective content (that could be played either occult or realistic) kind of like Sherlock Holmes. I think if they brought in light-hearted crime in that way it could work but it would need controls because not everyone wants random crime in their games. I'd also be interested in a playable court system because I sort of do that anyway. I know they have a lawyer career but I agree that they could add a playable court system with active lawyers and judges. They could also make it that the player can send sims to the Get To Work jail.

I will say that there is gameplay in having a working court system. Villainous sims could be punished. If they want to bring in rehabilitation, I'm all for that. I'm not sure if there is a demand but they could add therapy and counseling to help sims solve their problems or act better.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    No, I'm not really interested in playing that.