Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Unable to delete rental lots

mischiefluvermischiefluver Posts: 738 Member
I am trying to get rid of the premade lots so i can put in my own and I am finding that I am unable to delete the new residential rental lots even after I evicted and deleted all of the tenants. Now, it is telling me I need to sell the property first, but no one owns it. I tried to override this by loading in a new lot from the town menu and that didn't work either. Anyone else encountering this issue? I just want to get rid of it and have an empty lot.
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• Options
    StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,460 Member
    edited December 2023
    @mischiefluver have you tried changing the lot type from residential rental to regular rental before trying to bulldoze or replace the lot with something else?

ETA: I meant to say regular Residential not regular rental, sorry for the confusion.
    Post edited by Starfree on
  • Options
    Yup. I can change it if someone owns the lot, but neither works for unowned residential rental lots. I guess I will just have to have someone buy it so I can change it. That seems like a lot of extra work though.
  • Options
    No luck; even when unowned and vacant, it is registering as owned and can't be deleted or replaced.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,698 Member
    edited December 2023
    Did you clear the tenant agreement(s) (rules)? And, perhaps the lot challenges too, if they are specific to the units.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,460 Member
    Yup. I can change it if someone owns the lot, but neither works for unowned residential rental lots. I guess I will just have to have someone buy it so I can change it. That seems like a lot of extra work though.

It sounds like a bug that might have been missed during testing but it could also be mod related.
  • Options
    I think it is a bug as I am only having problems with one specific lot. Plus, I feel like more people would be talking about this if it was happening to everyone.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,460 Member
    Please make a topic in the link so the developers will know about this issue.
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs
  • Options
    randy2355randy2355 Posts: 157 Member
    I've had the same thing happen to me, I made the Stroud Mansion a residential rental, then changed my mind, I've tried everything I can think of to get the lot to work again, to no avail. the lot is simply broken. I can't even have someone live there, the game set the rent to over 4,000,000 Simoleans!
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,997 Member
    This makes me a bit scared to turn anything into rentals now. @mischiefluver and @randy2355 Do you use mods and CC?
  • Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    I have just demolished and changed all the properties to residential in Tomarang.
    5b9yYVx.png

I first went to manage households and deleted all the Tomarang sims.
    Then I went into each lot via manage worlds build mode. I would select each rental and demolish it one by one, or sometimes I was lucky to be able to change the lot from rental residential to just residential and then it would demolish the whole lot all in one, but otherwise I would have to do it one by one. I could start a new save and do the specific one you are trying and see how I did it, can't remember exactly now since I did it last night, but I did have success with all the lots though ;) Let me know which one you would like me to try again in a new save :)
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top