Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can't Launch TS3 (Solved)

LJKLJK Posts: 257 Member
It's been a few years since I played and I really miss it. So I learned I needed to switch to using the EA App and did so, but now the game won't launch at all. I click launch, the launcher opens, I click the massive Play button to launch the game, it takes me right back to the EA App with no launch from the game. I tried numerous fixes before, none of them worked, and I gave up, so I cannot remember what didn't work. However, I'll be trying everything I can find to get it working again and will post the solution if and when I find it. The purpose of this thread is to hopefully help others who might have this problem and are researching it and if I'm lucky enough to have a kind soul post the fix to this. For all I know, it may be my computer as I have a new one. Not sure yet.

Fixes That Failed:
    Reinstalling DirectX

EDIT: And now we come to the real reason I posted this. Before, when I searched this problem, I did so for quite a while with no luck. But anytime I have a problem and I post about it, I tend to very quickly find the answer myself. Solution is this thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/Sims-3-won-t-open-Alder-Lake-Intel-12th-gen-CPU/m-p/11057820#M248615

Follow the steps listed in the accepted solution. It was very easy to fix, I just downloaded the patch, extracted it, ran the program, had it aim right at my TS3.exe, and voila. Game loaded up the main menu right after I launched it. Will do some testing just to make sure everything's fine, but homework first. :smile:
Post edited by LJK on