Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sharpe Stories: The life and legacy of Monica Sharpe

Comments

• Options
    MrPlumbobMrPlumbob Posts: 338 Member
    @Belalucina
    Well, as a matter of fact, I'm playing Monica as I'm writing this, and she already forgot to video chat with Jeb the night she moved in. (I guess really, I forgot, but still. lol.) It's not looking good in that aspect, but we can hope.

The airplane shown taking off in the pictures was in Del Sol Valley. You can see them fly by in the neighborhood where Vanessa Jeong lives.

The loan mod is really handy. Though, out of $25,000 borrowed, Monica and Summer only have around $4,000 left. Turns out, they didn't have enough counter space to cook any food, so they had to buy another counter and replace the mini fridge with an under-counter one. And they needed computers for their studies.
  • Options
    flauschtrudflauschtrud Posts: 242 Member
    @MrPlumbob
    Haha, I love the filmset for the flight scene!

Good that Monica got into Britechester. And has a room mate :)
    I make gameplay mods! You can find them at CurseForge.
    My first attempt at creating a Sims comic: The Parker-Goth Legacy.
  • Options
    @flauschtrud
    Yeah, the film set was really fun to build. As for Summer, something unfortunate that I didn't expect happened. She's okay, but...well, more in the next chapter. Next chapter coming soon, by the way.
  • Options
    Chapter 12: Britechester University! Britechester University?

I decided to post another short chapter today.

Part 1: The Second Application
    "Monica! Monica!" Summer called from downstairs. Monica came running downstairs where Summer was crying at her computer. "What's wrong, Summer?" she asked.
    zV4QiI5.png
    "I...I didn't get in!" she said.
    "Oh Summer, I'm so sorry! What will you do?" asked Monica, trying to comfort her friend.
    "I...I don't know," cried Summer.
    BZfcAC3.png
    86qRu21.png
    "Hey, didn't you apply for other universities as well? What about that famous cooking school in Tartosa?
    53eNLeu.png
    "If I didn't get into Britechester, what chance do I have of getting in there?" said Summer.
    "It's still worth checking the application," said Monica.
    Summer checked the application.
    "I don't believe it! I did get in!"
    WdYrHk1.png
    "That's great Summer!" said Monica.
    "But what about you?" asked Summer, "You just bought this new house, and I was supposed to help you pay for it if we lived together. Can you afford it on your own?"
    "I'll be fine," said Monica, "You can't miss this opportunity."
    "You're right," said Summer, "I'll call Dad and have him send the private jet to get me."
    "You have a private jet?" asked Monica.
    "Don't be silly, Monica," said Summer, "I don't have a private jet. It's my dad's!"
    Monica didn't quite know what to say, as she couldn't imagine anyone in her family having a private jet, yet Summer just talked about it like it was an everyday thing.
    "It's really not that big of a deal," said Summer, as if she knew what Monica was thinking, "the jet technically belongs to Dad's company."
    "But, doesn't your dad own the company?" asked Monica.
    "Well...yeah," said Summer.
    "That's so cool," said Monica.
    "It really is," said Summer.

The next day, Summer and Monica said goodbye to one another before Summer left for the airport.
    "You know, we were only roommates for two days," said Monica. "I know," said Summer, "but you're still my best friend." "Aw thanks Summer," said Monica.
    YnKnskG.png
    PE90cfy.png

Part 2: A Day in Britechester
    The next morning, Monica brushed her teeth...
    Ef5nkkR.png
    ...made a salad for breakfast...
    jv9gz1E.png
    ...and got some work done for her new freelance art job.
    imrLdIt.png
    k7K0Ba7.png
    Since Summer had moved out, Monica made some changes to the basement room. She bought a video station, as she planned on making vlogs during her time at Britechester, and also swapped the chairs in the living area for a sofa.
    uZ0PNSU.png
    AY5BFyy.png
    Unfortunately, with all the changes she made, Monica's bank account was down to §121! She was able to make a couple of her loan payments the day before, though. There were still 21 payments of §1,094 remaining. Thankfully, Monica had been able to make around §1200 per gig for her freelance art job. She still hadn't enrolled in Britechester, as she wanted to do that on a Tuesday so that she could have extra time to finish her finals over the weekend. Instead, she decided to go for a walk around town to see what sort of shops and such Britechester had to offer.
    86H2wYf.png
    4IUBHdH.png
    She found this great little cafe...
    2ptSpnO.png
    ...but there was no one working there. So she had to make her own coffee.
    GvjImI3.png
    It was delicious!
    Yviy0zK.png
    This guy, who's name turned out to be Marc Rubin, sat down across from her. He said he worked at the food stall in town, and was studying physics at Britechester.
    uFhOF6e.png
    Monica went back in the cafe, and there was a barista there this time. Monica ordered another coffee, and chatted with Marc a while longer.
    h23spOU.png
    By the time she got home, it was quite late.
    6TB5Z08.png
    She brushed her teeth...
    ffGA0qy.png
    ...and went to sleep.
    vg7P8CS.png

Part 3: Enrollment Day
    Today was the day Monica would officially enroll in Britechester! First things first, though: She had to brush her teeth, shower, and eat breakfast.
    fAgFmQb.png
    She also did some pushups...
    ANfzIxs.png
    ...before going for her daily morning jog.
    Rs5QmWQ.png
    While on her jog, a peculiar place caught Monica's eye. A sort of strange circle formed with mushrooms.
    qF450ZQ.png
    She thought it would be a good, quiet place to do some yoga.
    8yS8Z7U.png
    She rode her scooter back home...
    cqf3AS2.png
    ...and went upstairs to enroll in Britechester.
    o34ZMQi.png
    After enrolling, Monica wasted no time getting started on her homework. She wondered who thought it was a good idea to assign homework before the first class. It seemed like they should've just waited until the first class. How was she supposed to know how to complete the homework before the class even started?
    Xdzw2jX.png
    After a while, she changed into something a bit more comfortable.
    FiLlmNl.png
    She worked on her homework for around eight hours before finally finishing, and then worked on some art for her freelance job.
    mxmrZK3.png

Hope you enjoyed this short chapter!

Credit to carlfranc on the Gallery for the Britechester Square lot.

Author's Notes
    When I moved Summer in, I didn't really think about the possibility of her not getting accepted into the culinary degree at Britechester. She can take it from the other university and still be Monica's roommate, but I thought it might be a bit hard to manage two sims going to two different universities. For the second term, Monica may move into one of the dorms.

Summer is currently living in Tartosa. What I plan to do is use cheats to give her a degree and skills after Monica finishes, to represent her going to the cooking school. I've sent Summer to Britechester before in my other save, and she graduated with honors and (if I remember correctly) level 9 cooking, level 8 gourmet cooking, and level 5 baking skills, so I know that's what she'd have had she attended Britechester in this save.

By the way, Summer's dad does, in fact, have a private jet, and Summer actually flew to Tartosa on it.

Bonus: Summer and the Private Jet
    Summer boarded her dad's private jet.
    ZF7uZ9D.png
    She had a glass of water...
    lwyz5iE.png
    ...made a snack...
    FBQT9cw.png
    ...watched some TV...
    cvk02aU.png
    ...looked at recipes online...
    fTchnNr.png
    ...sat in the pilot's seat... (the plane had autopilot, so it flew itself.)
    wElEQos.png
    ...and called Monica.
    JlueE95.png
    It wasn't long before the plane arrived in Tartosa.
    msGNxZ0.png

The plane. (I just couldn't resist repurposing my airplane set into a private jet.)
    fI1Os4L.png
    kYoFMLF.png
    1Sw5zEK.png
    a7zTOIs.png
    The big mansion to the left of the airplane set is Thorne Bailey's house. I'm sure he's not too happy to have a movie set next door lol.
    5IJ90KQ.png

I actually had a teacher that assigned homework before the first class when I went to college, so it is actually quite realistic that Monica had work to do.

While Monica was studying, she began to get a bit tired. As a sim with a fitness aspiration, Monica has the "drink energy juice" interaction. So she did. I forgot that this happens sometimes if a sim does that interaction while sitting lol. It's quite funny. :)
    mhMMrkl.png
    vh0TKiP.png
    US4Jt8l.png

It took Monica most of the day to do her homework. I've got to try and increase her research and debate skill. I've read that it increases sims' homework speed.
  • Options
    @MrPlumbob
    Oh no, poor Summer! But good that she has options, haha.

Lol, the energy juice drinking is a weird glitch :open_mouth:
  • Options
    BelalucinaBelalucina Posts: 843 Member
    @MrPlumbob
    Poor Summer! It probably will be easier only having one sim go through university though. And that's good you already know what grades and skills she will get. I like the changes to the house. Wow, 8 hours is a long time to spend on homework lol.
    Just in case no one has told you today, you are loved. <3
  • Options
    @flauschtrud
    Yeah, that energy juice glitch is pretty strange. It's funny though. :D

@Belalucina
    Yes. I thought about getting that mod for faster homework, so that Monica will have more time, but then I think back to when I was in college, and spent nearly twelve hours a day doing homework and studying. So...It's pretty realistic lol. :#
    Chapter 13: The First Semester

Part 1: The First Day of Class
    It was the first day of class. Monica got up early and went on her morning jog.
    4uksIBO.png
    Then she did some yoga.
    1OefEPg.png
    It was nearly time for class, so Monica went ahead and rode her scooter to the campus.
    5Zk6fVf.png
    She got some hot chocolate from a stall where Marc Rubin was working...
    t2KOPrd.png
    ...and then headed to class.
    KYvtQrU.png
    Monica took lots of notes during class, which she was certain would improve her grade. After class, she headed to the student center to get some lunch.
    saGOokG.png
    Monica had been seeing lots of people taking pictures of their meals on social media lately, so she thought she should do the same.
    VKAmpLt.png
    After eating, she did some homework.
    jpIi5i1.png
    She was surprised to see a familiar face! Her friend Bailey Ethington had enrolled in Britechester as well, where she was studying Art History.
    xuBirrK.png
    Monica and Bailey talked for a while...
    5oqPIIt.png
    ...then Bailey complained for a bit...
    ppRwvbu.png
    ...before going to do some yoga.
    IgZKzWn.png
    Monica tried getting back to her homework, but she was soon surrounded by a group of students who tried to talk to her. Monica enjoyed talking to them, but she didn't get very far with her studying.
    Lih8d1E.png
    After Monica finished her studies, she and Bailey met Jazzlyn outside, who said she was starting a yoga club. Monica and Bailey both joined, along with a few other students.
    Eo89Ykl.png
    When Monica got home, she video chatted with Jeb for a while...
    6aioPsS.png
    ...then she called Summer...
    pUDJorK.png
    ...Then she texted her mom.
    uI6owcY.png
    Monica had decided to start a vlog channel, so she went downstairs and began recording.
    oZnePX6.png
    Unfortunately, she didn't get to finish, as it got too late and she had more classes the next day. Instead, she finished her homework...
    InZBchJ.png
    ...ate dinner...
    7J7bOU9.png
    ...brushed her teeth...
    71H8kw1.png
    ...and went to bed.
    WZ1rv6f.png

Part 2: Another day at Britechester
    Monica's alarm clock rang early the next morning. It was actually the same time it always rang, but for some reason, it seemed earlier this morning.
    MSg68hA.png
    She got up and did her morning stretches.
    rLvvJ3i.png
    Monica wasn't really sure how her bathroom sink got so dirty, but she cleaned it before brushing her teeth.
    1TWqSso.png
    After choosing an outfit...
    oNTO7iG.png
    ...Monica got on her scooter and rode to the campus.
    QWy8s4X.png
    She did her morning jog at the campus this morning. She thought a change of scenery might be nice.
    ni7lHum.png
    Then she got some coffee from Marc's stall.
    Bp9gx6z.png
    After drinking her coffee, she had a quick snack from her lunch bag with some orange juice.
    fVj91hS.png
    Monica checked her social media, before heading to class.
    3U7ctlK.png
    After a long few hours, her classes were finally done, and she had a few hours worth of homework waiting to be completed. Knowing this would be a long day, Monica sat down at the student center and got to work.
    ihrrXID.png
    She told Jazzlyn all about the homework she'd been assigned, "I don't think I'm taking four classes next semester. I think I'll just take two next time," Monica said.
    uZ56SXQ.png
    The student center was getting a bit crowded...
    r4Ea9dV.png
    ...so Monica went for a walk and looked for a quieter place to study.
    8VWXz1B.png
    She found a bench on the other side of the campus, and decided to work on her homework there.
    wUGdYvt.png
    After her homework was done, she went home to work on her freelance art gig.
    ZVpCoLS.png
    Later, Bailey came over and they talked for a while.
    UWbLFyR.png
    f7WkFWo.png
    Bailey also worked on her homework.
    suKlQHq.png
    After Bailey left, Monica decided to have a relaxing evening after such a long day. She took a bath, painted her nails...
    JKF2qKC.png
    ...and made a healthy dinner.
    b3C35tr.png
    v4X9sUj.png
    6blw8n5.png
    f2cRjwR.png
    After brushing her teeth, she climbed into bed, feeling refreshed and ready for the next day.

Part 3: New Year's Eve
    The next morning, Monica headed downstairs to work on her class presentation immediately after getting up. She knew it would take her a while, and she wanted to get a head start, since she also had to write two term papers, and complete a final exam.
    r7sguY5.png
    88GrhGY.png
    She got a little distracted by her phone...
    zcWbTBx.png
    but then she looked at the scouting trophies on the shelf behind her, "You can do this, Monica," she told herself, "You were the best Llamacorn scout in the whole troop! You've got this!"
    KT2BH66.png
    With that, she went upstairs to brush her teeth...
    mgpPU9u.png
    ...and change her outfit.
    TYRR4Hj.png
    She worked as hard as she could on her presentation.
    aWcP4wl.png
    It wasn't long before she completed it. "It's still missing something," she thought.
    KxmJc84.png
    "Perfect!" she said to herself, knowing that it wasn't actually perfect, but that she was well satisfied with her work.
    SJBzYqS.png
    Monica ate a salad for lunch...
    QApDof2.png
    ...before going for her long overdue morning jog.
    bnFJWSc.png
    She called Jeb to tell him how things were going. He said that he'd been busy with the farm, and that he couldn't wait to see her again.
    2nDMNK3.png
    She stopped by the local spa, where a yoga class was taking place. Jazzlyn was there as well.
    noAZfTb.png
    Monica wasn't used to some of the poses everyone was doing, but she did the best she could.
    73uCel1.png
    After the class was over, she went out on the balcony of the spa and worked on her term paper. She was very tired, but the cold air kept her awake enough to get some work done.
    FIAfqy5.png
    After several hours, she was finally done with her paper.
    Q60UEYF.png
    After admiring the beautiful snowy scene that was Britechester at night...
    xl7HUC1.png
    Monica rode her scooter home, excited to celebrate the coming of the new year.
    (I never realised how cool Britechester looks in the Winter at night!)
    3A8uEUA.png
    When she arrived home, she searched online for a store that sold fireworks, and that could deliver them to the house immediately. Thankfully, she found the correct section on SimSimStore, and ordered three. Monica was also glad that she had made enough money from her freelance work to afford them.
    pps3nvo.png
    She took a New Year's Eve selfie...
    Jff543i.png
    ...and enjoyed the fireworks.
    5VAVsmo.png
    Ztin25q.png
    This one made her a little nervous.
    ZYEgPS7.png
    When Midnight came near, Monica went inside to watch the New Year's Countdown.
    yYqoH6B.png
    Happy New Years! Monica also decided on a New Years Resolution: To write a book. It was something that she had wanted to do for a while. She didn't know how she'd have time in between her classes, but she was going to try.
    FXbvbrl.png

Part 4: Last Days of the Semester
    The next morning, Monica had breakfast...
    vcsAnfN.png
    ...did some freelance work...
    KoXTjua.png
    ...and went on her morning jog.
    M1o5um8.png
    After going to her class...
    mnlzxx9.png
    ...Monica worked on her other term paper.
    jRN7hrn.png
    When she got home, she was able to buy a larger TV after doing her freelance art.
    2HFWb9S.png
    She was also able to finish her vlog!
    hArHsfT.png
    (The camera view)
    DAbgVQX.png
    K4JzAFh.png
    She got into bed that night, proud of herself. She only had one more day of class before she completed her first term at Britechester!
    nmRJj0H.png

Hope you enjoyed this chapter! Thanks for reading!

Credits:
    Credit to Kyta86 on the Gallery for the Ubrite Student Center lot

Credit to nugsutin on the gallery for the Salon & Yoga Studio lot, which I edited for the story.

Credit to aljay2000 and NaJoPau on the Gallery for the signs and artwork in the spa.

Credit to Andirz for the SimSim Store mod.

Author's Notes
    Monica got this call while she was on her jog.
    qhqCij8.png
    No, Principal Prescott, I don't think you should ask Santa Claus out on a date lol.

Monica decided on her own to look at those scouting trophies. Apparently, she needed a little motivation.

Bailey actually showed up at Monica's house on the first day Monica moved to Britechester, so I moved her in the house down the road and enrolled her.

Jazzlyn was a sim from my previous save. She one one of Monica's best friends, so I thought I should add her to this save as well. She was actually an npc at the spa in Windenburg when Monica met her in that save.

This sim decided to do her homework on the table in the student lounge. At first it surprised me, and then I remembered that sims at University have a habit of getting stuck on top of tables and counters for some reason.
    7MPNU3I.png
    UIVhzNc.png

As you can probably tell, Monica brushes her teeth a lot. I don't often have my sims brush their teeth, but since I downloaded the Dental Care mod by adeepindigo, brushing is a necessity, just like in real life.

I've yet to play the next day, so I don't know how Monica's grades will turn out. I had her email her professors and they all said that she was doing very well, except for the class where she had the final exam. I forgot to have her study for it!

Monica's mom called her and asked if she could come visit her, but Monica had to say no, as getting on a plane and flying back home on the day of the final exam is not something she could do.
    IaFXU1c.png
    Monica was sad for a while, but her mom seemed to understand.
    o7MW3KI.png
  • Options
    @MrPlumbob
    Lol, the principal and Santa 😂
  • Options
    @MrPlumbob
    Seems like she's off to a good start. Glad she's keeping up with Jeb.
  • Options
    @flauschtrud
    I know lol. I really should've said yes. I'd have liked to have seen how that worked out!

@Belalucina
    She is doing well, but I do think I'm going to have her take less classes next term. Four is a lot of work!
    I've been trying to have her stay in touch with Jeb, but oddly, he hasn't texted or called since she enrolled.
  • Options
    haneulhaneul Posts: 1,953 Member
    I always look forward to your posts <3 (you inspire me to play), but somehow I always miss them. I’ve properly bookmarked this thread now...

I've caught up.
    Chapter 10's Winterfest celebrations are great. I got a kick out of how you transformed/used/separated the word "Winterfest" into various similar words.
    What Monica failed to mention to the scout leader, was that, while she did take out the trash 6 times, she also took it back in every time and then back out again. Technically, she didn't lie, she just...kept that part to herself.
    I admire her resourcefulness. She's a creative thinker and an efficient worker. Those traits will probably carry her far. Sorry that graduation didn’t work out. It’s far too late to comment this now, but I think graduation occurs the Sunday after they age up to YA so it may have been too soon to just show up if she were still a teenager (even though she technically graduated early).

Bea Young’s album Moodlets fits the Sims perfectly.

I’m glad that Monica was able to enjoy the holidays. The Holidays also seem like great friends and very generous people. Their party looked like fun and it was good that Jeb showed up separately with a gift. Sometimes, I wonder about their relationship, especially now that Monica is enrolled at Britechester.

Summer reminds me of a fairy godmother. I like Monica’s YA looks. It's too bad Summer and Monica couldn't live on campus together, but maybe it's better? this way. It may have been slightly odd for Summer to have a job and live in an almost-empty place when she's so wealthy and uses her father's company's plane. I was impressed by the bank and airport/airplane shots. Those look like they were a lot of work. The detail of Monica painting a picture of her old basement room and adding it to her new place is a nice way to decorate. Will she add photos or pictures of her mother, Summer, or Jeb as decorations?

I actually had a teacher that assigned homework before the first class when I went to college, so it is actually quite realistic that Monica had work to do.
    Honestly, after 4th grade or so, I cannot recall a year where I was free and did not have work assigned before the first day. After high school ended, it wasn't as much, but... :| So that wasn't unrealistic to me in the slightest.
    It took Monica most of the day to do her homework. I've got to try and increase her research and debate skill. I've read that it increases sims' homework speed.
    I think that's true. My goal for my Sim in high school is to max her research and debate skill before she starts university. I hope Monica does well academically and socially (but we haven't heard from Jeb in a while)!

By the way, I don't mind tons of pictures in posts. :)
  • Options
    @haneul
    Thank you! I'm glad you enjoy my story! I believe it was you who asked if I had a story thread, when I made a post over in the "Screenshots, but creatively edited" thread. That's actually what inspired me to start this thread.

Thanks for the info about the graduation, I'll remember it the next time I have a sim graduate early.

I had a lot of fun making the album cover! I made it using Canva.

I, too wonder about Monica and Jeb. I've played more than I've posted (I'll hopefully be posting another update soon) and Jeb hasn't called or texted once since she left. I've had her video chat with him, though. I haven't checked their relationship bars but I wonder if it's dropping since they haven't been able to see each other?

I didn't think about Summer being like a fairy godmother, but you're absolutely right! I mean, free clothes and a new phone?!?

I really should add some more pictures in Monica's house. I'd have to have her go back home and take some, since she doesn't have any selfies of her and Jeb in her inventory. (Which I think says a lot about their relationship) I think I did take one of her and Summer the day they moved in, though.

I tried to increase Monica's debate skill before she graduated, but between acting, scouting, and her part time job, I didn't really have a chance. Ah well, better late than never.

Glad the pics aren't too much! I actually take way more pictures than I post. My Imgur has over 1300 pictures in it. (And I don't even upload all the ones I take)
  • Options
    Chapter 14: Monica's Second Semester

Part 1: The first few days
    Monica was thankful to have earned an 'A+' on all of her classes the first semester.
    dAcPwm8.png
    Her second semester was going well. She still had a lot of homework, as she'd decided to take four classes again, despite how much work it was. She was determined to finish her degree before the first day of summer.
    WyIrPDi.png
    She also worked on her presentation early in the week, she wanted to be sure and get ahead this time.
    rDPmD5O.png
    When she began to feel a bit lonely the second day, she went to visit Bailey.
    MkphLZZ.png
    She also joined in a game of soccer with Bailey and some other students at the campus.
    VjXSAHN.png
    She studied some more at one of the park benches. She had learned that the park benches were usually quiet, and she could focus better.
    Serv4R6.png
    Monica heard about a tea and poetry reading at the Britechester Student Center, and decided to go.
    MN9ffU3.png
    1RvMSsG.png
    She enjoyed listening to everyone read poetry, but was a little nervous to try it herself.
    FHljS3X.png
    When it came her turn, she decided to go for it.
    tqBVFim.png
    Only a couple of students watched, but they seemed to enjoy it.
    TIRrnv3.png
    After the poetry reading, Monica was feeling inspired! So inspired, that she decided to finish that book she'd been working on for her New Year's resolution!
    iR8YR8n.png
    After several hours of writing, she finally finished it!
    TkVwXIK.png
    cA5mPEV.png
    Monica sent it off to the publisher as soon as she arrived home.
    WR7sSo7.png

Part 2: A Few Bumps in the Road
    The next day, after her morning jog, Monica began to feel a bit dizzy. She passed it off as being out in the cold weather for too long, and continued studying.
    4WXFFPR.png
    After studying, she worked on refining her presentation some more.
    tkyXIn4.png
    Before long, it was done!
    NA34b8m.png
    Monica began to get dizzy again, and realized that she was, in fact, getting sick, so she drink some orange juice.
    bMync7W.png
    Red squiggly spots were definitely not normal.
    xMMuCIG.png
    After having a relaxing bath, (which, as Monica had hoped, helped the red spots) she worked on her homework some more.
    h3QM4rg.png
    Then her computer broke. Because of course it did. And to make matters worse, she forgot to press "save"!
    gCAC88s.png
    She called the repair service, who said they would be right over. Monica began to feel dizzy again, but it passed quickly.
    zcdsRrh.png
    It wasn't long before the repair person showed up, and Monica's computer was as good as new!
    zEHQ4wH.png
    This time, Monica would remember to save her work more often.
    I3jfQ7v.png
    After finishing her studying for the day, Monica climbed into bed, hoping that a good night's rest would leave her feeling better the next morning.
    zITt1oC.png

Hope you enjoyed the chapter!

Author's Notes
    I decided that I wanted to finish Monica's degree quickly, so she's taking the maximum amount of classes until she graduates. If everything goes well, she should finish before the first day of summer.

Unless something particularly interesting happens, I may not post another chapter until she graduates, as most of her time will have to be spent studying and, in her spare time, doing her freelance work. I may just post again on her graduation day. Her classes will honestly pass quicker too if I'm not trying to take screenshots all the time, so it won't be a long wait. (I'll still take a few screenshots and then probably include them in the author's notes of the graduation chapter.)

One day, Monica got this phone call.
    JhF84Pn.png
    tOmT2Y9.png
    So apparently this dog can not only use the phone's keypad, and speak simlish, but also decided to go on a date. I think the text itself is from one of my mods, possibly sociable sims by plumlace? Can't remember since I have so many mods.

Monica painted these for her freelance art job. The gig description said they were for a video game.
    1mOXQX5.png
    3TuxMi1.png
    She consulted Jeb over video chat about that last one, since she figured he'd have some tips on designing a farm landscape. His advice turned out to be very helpful, and the video game designers loved both concepts.
    oHV5CdI.png
    XfAyKaf.png
  • Options
    @MrPlumbob
    Haha, the dog going on a date is hilarious!
  • Options
    @MrPlumbob
    Another fun update and all A+s! Congrats to Monica. Discover University is such a grind with four classes and she wrote a book and did freelance art too. She’s impressive.
    Then her computer broke. Because of course it did. And to make matters worse, she forgot to press "save"!
    This is too real! :D It’s a good thing that she doesn’t wait until the last minute to get things done.
    Unless something particularly interesting happens, I may not post another chapter until she graduates, as most of her time will have to be spent studying and, in her spare time, doing her freelance work.
    I enjoy your posts, but I hope posting isn’t interfering with your enjoyment of the game.
    Glad the pics aren't too much! I actually take way more pictures than I post. My Imgur has over 1300 pictures in it. (And I don't even upload all the ones I take)
    I think it’s nice to have more photos than necessary. But I take too many photos so I’m biased. I have over 5,000 since Elmire was a toddler.
  • Options
    Chapter 15: A Week to Remember

Finally, a new chapter! Hopefully it won't be so long in between this chapter and the next.

Part 1: The Last Days of University
    Monica's last term definitely kept her busy. She worked on presentations...
    gDJGt6Q.png
    ...did homework...
    pgzDI4s.png
    ...and got sick.
    zymf8hy.png
    She was out on her daily morning jog, when Jeb called. He said that he had found a plot of land out west, in a place called Chestnut Ridge, and that he was taking a plane there to see it.
    Monica wasn't really sure why he was looking at land. His family already had a large farm.
    HPFjMi7.png
    Later that evening, Monica was in the middle of preparing a particularly difficult presentation when the doorbell rang.
    l1rASyu.png
    "Jeb? Jeb! What are you doing here?"
    "Hey Moni! I have to change planes here, but my second flight got delayed by an hour, so I thought I'd come by and see you!"
    "I'm glad to see you Jeb," said Monica, "But..."
    "But what?" asked Jeb.
    "But I'm kinda in the middle of making a presentation, so..." Monica paused.
    "I see," said Jeb, "I won't stay but a few minutes. Let's go inside. Oh, and I brought pizza!"
    Qdw8LUZ.png
    OKB8Wzq.png
    They went inside, sat down, and talked for a while.
    "Listen, I wanted to ask you," said Jeb.
    Monica, getting a little nervous, nodded.
    "This land I'm looking at, I...I want you to come and look at it with me. Because one day...well...in the future...we'd need a place to live, and Chestnut ridge would be a great place to raise a family one day."
    t030mjq.png
    Monica was a bit overwhelmed, "Jeb, I can't just ignore my classes and get on a plane with you. I...It's not the right time. Maybe one day...soon...we..."
    "I get it," said Jeb, coldly, "Well, I better go before I miss my flight. Good evening, Monica."
    mhMiXWe.png
    "Jeb wait, I..." said Monica.
    "It's fine Mon. Don't worry about it," said Jeb.
    "Bye Monica," said Jeb, holding his head down as he left.
    Monica, deciding that keeping focused was the best way to process what had just happened, went to work on her presentation, but not before calling Summer and telling her all about what Jeb had said.
    T2ocCNM.png
    GBTd8U3.png
    IKQ119N.png
    The next morning, still getting over her case of the Llama Flu, Monica checked her social media feed. She was shocked to see that she'd reached 1 million followers!
    GzfwEia.png
    So she made a video thanking her fans!
    uqZg3yX.png
    Later that day, Monica went to visit Bailey and they watched a movie together. It was the same movie that Monica and Summer had watched when they were in high school: College Cram. Monica thought back to what she imagined the "college life" would be like as a teenager. There was definitely a lot more studying and homework, and a lot less partying and romance than in the movies.
    dZJIibb.png
    "Wouldn't it be awesome if it was really like in the movies, a lot of partying and almost no studying?" said Monica.
    "Well, It could be, "said Bailey, "But I'd rather graduate with good grades, wouldn't you?"
    "Well...yeah," said Monica, "But it's a shame we don't have time for both."
    MCXiRFW.png
    That evening, Bailey texted her and told her that a friend of hers was having a party, "It'll be just like in the movie!" the text read, "It's the last day of class tomorrow! Do you really want to graduate without having been to one single party?"
    Monica texted back, and told Bailey that she'd be there. She put on her Britechester jacket and hat, and headed to the address Bailey had texted her.
    Jw7DemQ.png
    The party was just as exciting as the one in the movie! They had games...
    NrFBCoy.png
    ...they had a DJ...
    qx8IUNo.png
    ...and they had juice!
    WbWr9XA.png
    Monica even managed to do a keg stand with Bailey!
    big7F6H.png
    But not without falling.
    wdkXpXL.png
    Everyone had a great time, but Monica tried not to get to tired. After all, she had to give her presentation tomorrow. Everyone started leaving around three o'clock the next morning. Monica was a bit tired, but she wasn't really worried since all she had to do was give her presentation. Or at least, that's what Monica thought. She was so tired from the party that she didn't remember to double check her schedule. After she'd already been giving her presentation for thirty minutes, her phone notified her that her class was starting. Oops! Grabbing the presentation board and trying her best to explain to the professor what happened, she ran out of the classroom and down the hall just in time before the lecture began.
    YzdqQJS.png
    After class, she went back and asked Professor Williams for another chance. To her surprise, he agreed to watch her presentation and grade it outside of class.
    dBB4LSS.png
    The next day, Monica waited anxiously for the email regarding her grades. She hoped that her grades would be good, considering the incident with the presentation.
    Just then, the email arrived. It took what seemed like forever to load, and when it did...
    TNxcDtL.png
    Monica breathed a sigh of relief. She had done it! She had passed all of her classes! She would graduate tomorrow!
    She was so excited that she ran outside and started dancing!
    NLvYTbY.png

Part 2: Finally Finished!
    The next day, Monica arrived at the Britechester Auditorium. She was so proud to have graduated! And not only graduated, but graduated with a distinguished degree with honors!
    VBqfMiK.png
    She took a bunch of selfies to remember the day by.
    4fJfc2U.png
    TTRpgS1.png
    xDTqLFn.png
    After the ceremony, everyone came back outside and threw their caps into the air.
    H3ZqpQg.png
    nUrnMyU.png
    OEcWbaS.png
    crxGnji.png
    Monica turned around and saw a familiar face coming out of the auditorium! "Mom!", said Monica, giving her a hug, "How did you get here?"
    bEttVSW.png
    "We got here on a private jet!" said Lori.
    "We?" said Monica. Just then, Summer, Jeb, and Eloise came out of the auditorium!
    "Surprise! said Summer, "Well, what good is a private jet if you don't use it to go to your BFFs graduation?"
    They all walked back to the student center. Jeb stayed behind everyone, holding his head down as he walked.
    QhZRITR.png
    When they got to the student center, Monica gave Jeb a hug, "I'm sorry about the other day, Jeb. I..."
    "Please, don't worry about it," said Jeb, "I want you to enjoy your graduation day, not worry about me."
    5Daaox6.png
    Monica knew she had hurt Jeb's feelings the other day, and she felt really bad about it.
    "I really am sorry Jeb, she said, "I really mean it."
    fMVn0Vk.png
    "I know you do, " said Jeb, hugging Monica.
    EW3iv3J.png
    "But listen, "said Jeb, "I looked at that land, and it's just perfect! I want me and you to buy it together."
    M6wTT0l.png
    "What?" said Monica, shocked, "But Jeb! It's not time! You haven't even...we..."
    "I don't mean go and live there right now!" said Jeb, I just mean buy it together before someone else does. Think about our future Moni!"
    "It's just...not yet, "said Monica, "We don't really know what our future will be, Jeb. We..."
    "Let's talk about this another time," said Jeb, interrupting Monica, "For now, let's just enjoy this moment," he said, trying to change the subject.
    R4KhBDR.png
    Everyone talked for a while, celebrating Monica's graduation, but Monica couldn't stop thinking about what Jeb had said. What should she do? He was rushing things so much, but yet, she kind of wanted to rush things. It was all so much to process.
    Just then, Eloise sat down next to her, "I know that look," she said, "Same look you had before your high school dance. What's up?"
    Monica told her all about what Jeb had said, and what she had told him.
    ktf2IYk.png
    After thinking for a moment, as she always did, Eloise said, "The question here is, what do you want to do? Not Jeb. You."
    Monica thought about that, then said, "I'm not really sure."
    "Ok," said Eloise, "Let me rephrase that: If you could be in any town, doing any job, with anyone, where, what, and who would that be?"
    "Um...Thinking big, probably San Myshuno, the fashion capital of SimNation. It's where all the most famous designers live, and also it's where a lot of really famous artists have gotten their start too! I'd like to be a style influencer there. It would combine my love of fashion with my love of social media and making videos."
    "And would Jeb be there with you?" asked Eloise.
    "Of course!" said Monica, without hesitation.
    "You're sure?" asked Eloise.
    "I'm...sure...I think..." said Monica.
    "Well, once you figure that out, you'll know what you need to do," Eloise said.

Part 3: Home
    Monica took one last look at her house in Britechester. She would miss it, but she also missed home. Bailey was going to move into the house while she finished her degree at Britechester, while Monica went home for a while to figure out what her next steps would be now that she had a degree.
    xo9ynf0.png
    She packed up her things, pausing for a moment before packing up her degree. Monica wished that she had remembered to remove her sweater before they took her graduation photo in the auditorium. She had put in on after the ceremony as it was quite cold, and then the photographer just came over and snapped the picture.
    BbLPdLW.png
    She gave Bailey a hug and said goodbye to her, and the little house in Britechester.
    GDgTQYO.png
    Her mom, Summer, Jeb, and Eloise had been staying at the nearby hotel. Monica was going to fly home with them on Summer's private jet.

When Monica arrived home, Don Lothario was standing on the sidewalk.
    X53Xker.png
    "Hey Monica!" he said, "It's been a while! Heard you were coming home today! How have you been?"
    "Hey Don!" Monica said. They went inside and Monica gave Don a hug.
    wOOBQWV.png
    "So, a Fine Art degree, I hear?" he said, "I knew you'd do well at Britechester."
    gDRq25R.png
    They talked for a while before Don and Monica headed downstairs to the basement.
    "Just like in high school, eh?" he said, "Those were the days! Everything seemed a lot...easier then, didn't it?"
    "Yeah," said Monica, "wait, what do you mean?" she asked.
    "Well, I mean with Jeb asking you about buying that land and all...you have some pretty big decisions to make, don't ya?" he said.
    "How did you hear about that?" asked Monica.
    "Willow Creek is a small town. Word travels fast. Of course, you probably forgot that living in a big city like Britechester, didn't you?"
    Ys8OQU2.png
    "I..." began Monica.
    "Oh, I wanted to give you something!" Don said, interrupting her. He handed Monica a box, "Go on open it!" he said.
    Monica opened the box, "Oh! It's a violin!" she said.
    "Yeah, my dad made it for you," said Don, "We heard you took violin lessons as part of your degree, so..."
    MsEKCJI.png
    "Thank you so much!" said Monica, hugging Don."
    hyvW7Mz.png
    "Now you can play music that's as pretty as you are" said Don.
    kBVLeOY.png
    Monica couldn't help but blush.
    Just then, Lori came downstairs.
    rPtM2Av.png
    "Well go on! Try it out!" said Don.
    Despite taking lessons, Monica had never actually played a violin. Her courses only required her to read the textbook and pass the quizes.
    Taking a deep breath, Monica began to play.
    gvoXlNn.png
    She made lots of mistakes at first, but as she relaxed, her playing improved. She still made mistakes, but Don seemed very impressed with her playing.
    Monica was quite proud of herself. Guess she did learn something in those violin classes after all!
    peKhK3Y.png
    That evening Monica and her mom watched the TV season premiere. Monica was too excited about tomorrow to really pay attention to the show. Tomorrow, after all, was Love Day!
    3heHQGk.png
    Her mom had bought some new furniture for her room. Nothing fancy since she wouldn't be staying very long, but it was still cozy, and brought back memories of high school.
    It took her quite a while to go to sleep. She couldn't wait to see what Jeb had planned for tomorrow!
    jjuf2En.png

Part 4: Love Day
    Monica woke up early the next morning. Love Day was here at last! She didn't think about the argument that she and Jeb had the other day over the land, or what her future might hold now that she had a degree. All she could think about was Jeb's plans! She knew he must have something exciting planned, since he hadn't said a word about it all week.
    BYz0Uid.png
    After showering and brushing her teeth, she went upstairs to eat breakfast.
    vrpDb7u.png
    After finishing breakfast, she texted Jeb "Happy Love Day" to let him know she was awake.
    j04cYlA.png
    After about thirty minutes, her phone rang!
    But it wasn't Jeb. It was someone named Erik Lewis, from a charity organization.
    dE8fDRC.png
    Monica had plenty of money, so she gave §1,000 to the charity.
    tVBv5JN.png
    Monica decided to go for her morning jog. That would give Jeb time to reply. He was probably still getting ready, or making reservations at a nice restaurant, or something.
    After her jog, she checked again. Nothing. She texted him again. Maybe he didn't get her first text. Phone service in Willow Creek could be spotty sometimes. He probably just didn't get it.
    MJiwGYw.png
    To pass the time, Monica decided to ride around on her scooter for a while. She rode around for about an hour, then checked her phone again.
    Still nothing. She texted him again. He probably just didn't see that last one.
    lDNOqBv.png
    Monica rode her scooter back home, and checked her texts.
    1ylOt7b.png
    Still. No. Reply. Monica couldn't wait any longer. She called Jeb's phone, and he answered.
    bGEFxv1.png
    "Hey Mon! What's up?" he said.
    "You didn't get my texts?" Monica asked.
    "Texts? Um..."
    "Just come over," said Monica, "The phone service must be having problems.
    "Alright," said Jeb. Within minutes Monica saw him running down the sidewalk.
    "Hey," he said.
    U8SGGu9.png
    When she saw Jeb, all thoughts of him not texting back just floated away, "Hey Jeb! Happy Love Day!"
    piBlRJ4.png
    "Happy Love Day Mon!" Said Jeb.
    iOLQnfU.png
    "So...how about we go to Chez Llama for lunch today?" asked Monica, secretly wanting to ask him before he had a chance to...not ask her. She had a feeling he wouldn't have.
    AkokIYC.png
    "Sure!" said Jeb.
    They agreed to meet at Chez Llama at noon.
    When they arrived, Monica and Jeb both realised that their chosen outfits weren't particularly suited for Chez Llama. Everyone else was wearing fancy formal dresses and expensive suits.
    Jeb's choice in particular, was...questionable.
    rksHUwx.png
    "Jeb! Please go change! You can't even eat with that bag on your head," said Monica.
    tLyfuIN.png
    While Jeb changed, Monica requested a table for them. Nancy Landgraab stared at her the whole time.
    o0vDnhD.png
    After Monica changed into her own formal wear, Jeb came out wearing his formal outfit. The same formal outfit he'd wore to prom, "It still fits!" said Jeb.
    uEX7if7.png
    "A rose, for my love!" he said.
    ipxsWo5.png
    "Aww! How sweet!" said Monica. They sat down at their booth and ordered their food.
    EtbpbB9.png
    Erik Lewis and his family sat down at the booth next to them, "Hey! You're the one who gave a donation to the charity this morning, aren't you?" he said.
    "How did you know?" asked Monica.
    t32l3lM.png
    "I heard your date call you Monica," said Erik, "He is your date, isn't he?"
    "Yep!" said Jeb, proudly.
    G5VuHF7.png
    Soon, their food arrived.
    8wd9tEp.png
    Chez Llama was known for their experimental cuisine. All of the dishes were one of a kind! No other restaurant in the world served them.
    Fq9E7PO.png
    Monica's meal: Glazed Heirloom Bamboo Roll.
    x0WVsBv.png
    Jeb's meal: Volcano Pasta.
    RAt67uJ.png
    It was really delicious!
    xcP1vEP.png
    k4Zmv7d.png
    h7pkuPC.png
    "I almost forgot! Happy Love Day Jeb!" said Monica, handing Jeb a gift.
    gcGwCjb.png
    "Oh man! I've always wanted a...notebook?" Jeb looked a bit confused.
    "It's a journal!" said Monica, "You can write down all of your thoughts and feelings in it. I thought you might find it useful."
    "I love it! Thanks Mon! I'm definitely writing about this date in my journal!" Jeb said, smiling.
    mW2YGnF.png
    "This has been the best day I've had since you left for college," said Jeb, giving Monica another rose.
    7urqgPt.png
    Soon it was time to go, and Monica made her way through the crowd of people. Chez Llama was very popular!
    kKhd8Kq.png
    nCDTn0s.png

Thanks for reading!

Author's Notes (spoilers, read these last.)
    Monica Graduated University! Yay!

She's also doing quite well with her videos, and book.
    vYyeK3a.png

Monica's also a two star celebrity now, thanks to her videos. I plan to have her stay at home for a while, until I figure out what I want her to do next. In the meantime, she'll still work on more videos and do her freelance artist job.

Don was actually standing there when I moved Monica back home! It's like he was waiting on her!

I love this screenshot, though lol
    rPtM2Av.png

Her everyday outfit uses an accessory sweater, which apparently appeared in her graduation photo. I would've taken it off, if I'd known it would do that, but now, I kind of think it adds some uniqueness to her graduation photo.
    DMZasJa.png

The scene with the professor and the presentation was created after everything else, as I was writing this chapter. It just felt like it was missing a picture, and I wanted to show Monica's classroom since we can't really go inside the classes.

I actually did forget to check her schedule, and she almost missed a class! (though it actually happened on the day before the last day of class.) I cancelled the "give presentation" action, not thinking about the fact that her presentation counted for way more than just a regular class day, but thankfully, she was able to redo it later.

I was so surprised when Jeb showed up! Previously, I had a mod that only allowed visits from sims in the same world, but the settings for that mod got reset. Jeb lives in Willow Creek, which I imagine to be in the sims equivalent of America. Britechester, however, I imagine to be in England, so I had to come up with a way for him to be able to show up at the door. As for him asking about moving in together, I didn't know sims could do that! It must be a feature that came with one of the new packs I bought during the Holiday sale. (Growing Together, maybe?)

He really did ask twice, and when she said no, he got a sentiment that said something like "I thought we were closer than that."

If you look closely at the screenshot where he asks, you can see that he asked while Monica was in the bathroom, um...well...filling her needs. :#
    t030mjq.png

He just walked right in and asked her! He wasn't even embarrassed! Monica was, of course.

She also ate the pizza that he gave her later.
    yOabCsE.png

As for their date, I had Monica send Jeb a "flirty text". Usually, when I use that option, the other sim will text back and ask the sim who sent it on a date. That didn't happen with Jeb. I tried multiple times, but no reply. Also, I thought I removed that bag on all of his outfits.

Credit to lilsimsie for her "Mossy Lane Reno" lot, which was modified and used for the party scene.
  • Options
    edited January 29
    @MrPlumbob
    Nice to see an update!
    Well Jeb sure likes Monica but he's not very good with the romance lol. I think Don is a little jealous. I wonder what Monica will decide.
    But that's great that she's graduated now! Can't wait to see what she does next.
  • Options
    Yay, a new chapter! <3 I enjoyed it!
    Very kind of Jeb to stop by with a gift! He’s finally showing some serious interest in her?
    Because one day...well...in the future...we'd need a place to live, and Chestnut ridge would be a great place to raise a family one day.
    Wow! Very serious, indeed! It’s too much, too soon, so I get Monica’s refusal. I can’t believe he asks again. Haha, but aww poor guy, he must really want to make sure he doesn’t miss his chance.

After being rejected twice, I can understand him wanting her to set the pace on Love Day instead of him continuing to risk coming on too strong.

4 A+s! Congratulations! It’s little wonder she didn’t have much time to party.

Nice presentation scene. That was a very good detail, but I think this chapter would have been okay without it too. I never once felt that something was lacking.
  • Options
    @Belalucina
    Jeb's romance skills definitely need improvement lol. I do think Don's definitely jealous. Also, Monica didn't seem to mind when he flirted with her. (She's never seemed to mind, even when she was in high school.)

As for Jeb asking her to move in, it's funny how the game will result in unexpected twists in your story. I never intended Jeb to ask Monica about moving in, but I'm kinda glad he did. I'm still deciding myself what Monica should do lol.

@haneul
    He's very serious. He's a lot more serious that Monica is, at this point. I certainly wasn't expecting him to ask a second time, and on graduation day at that lol! Jeb definitely loves Monica, but asking her about buying a piece of land on her graduation day is not something I'd do!

I didn't really think about it like that though, Jeb wanting Monica to set the pace. That's very true. I still wonder though, why didn't he at least text back and ask her what she wanted to do?

At least she got to go to one party. I almost couldn't get the guests to show up. I'll probably start her in a new career soon that will benefit from her degree.

Glad you felt like the chapter wasn't missing anything. There are so many places that I either forgot to take a screenshot, or the screenshot didn't fit the story. (For example, I couldn't get Summer, Lori, and Jeb to all stand near Monica outside of the graduation auditorium. They kept running over to the student center and wandering around lol.)
  • Options
    @MrPlumbob
    Oh, I'm happy to see Monica back :)
    Jeb asking her in the bathroom is hilarious :lol:
  • Options
    @flauschtrud
    I know! I was so surprised! He just walked right in and asked her lol!
  • Options
    edited March 25
    New Story Update!

This update will be a little different for a few reasons.

Firstly, my story will now be posted on Tumblr, with links in this thread to my tumblr page.

Second, it will be written in the "first person" perspective. Specifically, the chapters will be written in the form of blog posts written by Monica. This is something I've been wanting to try for a while, and since I'm already switching to Tumblr, this seems like a good time to try it. Emphasis on "try" it. Please let me know if you like the new format, or if you preferred the old "third person" format I used on this forum. Not sure which I like best yet.

Third, there will probably be more frequent updates since the chapters themselves will be a bit shorter, and thus easier for me to write. This chapter is especially short, but the next chapter should be a little longer.

About this chapter:

This chapter covers a lot of big events very briefly. The reason why is explained in the Author's Notes on the Tumblr post.

Hope you enjoy it! and you are welcome to leave a comment here, or on Tumblr (Not really sure if you need an account, or how Tumblr's comment system works yet, so either place works for me. I'll still keep this forum checked often.)

Chapter 16: https://www.tumblr.com/sharpestories/745848388017324032/a-new-beginning

By the way, if Tumblr says you need an account or something like that, let me know. I tried to set the post so anyone could read it, but if you have any trouble, let me know so I can try to change the settings on my page.
  • Options
    edited March 25
    @MrPlumbob
    I love the first person format, I think it works well, though the other format was fine too! So happy to see that Monica and Jeb did end up working out (at least if you decide to keep that save. Seems like this was a test run?). Anyway, they are cute together and congrats on a baby on the way! :o Such a cute photo of them on the couch together.

Edit:
    I didn't have any trouble reading the first time, but when I tried to go back and read it again it wanted me to log in, which I don't have an account so... We'll see if it lets me read your next update or not.

Edit again:
    I tried it again and it didn't ask me to login. 🤷🏼‍♀️
  • Options
    edited March 25
    @Belalucina
    I'm glad you liked the chapter! I think the first person format is a little easier for me to write, honestly, so I'm glad to hear that you like it! I meant to say in the Author's Notes that I did decide to keep this save since everything was going well, and since Monica got pregnant. (I've now added that in the tumblr post)

As for everyone needing an account, try this URL instead: https://sharpestories.tumblr.com/post/745848388017324032/a-new-beginning

It's the same post, I just got the link a different way. (It also shows the theme I chose, which didn't work with the other link) When I tested the old link in Private Mode on my browser, it asked me to log in, but so far, this one didn't.

Let me know if it works or not :)

Edit: I added a test post to my tumblr so we can see if a second post can be viewed. With the new link, I was able to navigate around the site without being logged in, but it may be different for someone on a different computer, I'm not sure.
  • Options
    That link was better. And I was able to see your test post.