Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can Maxis remove the 8 Sims per household limit please!

One of the biggest missed opportunities Maxis ever did was not extend the household size before the Horse Ranch expansion pack arrived, and it still bothers me so much as I am playing with my best friend and we want to have a proper horse ranch with more than 5 horses or so. What were they thinking? Another missed opportunity was with Growing Together when they teased a family tree update in the blog post but then removed it later on, which made me feel like maybe the genealogy update was planned but they either scrapped it or delayed it, I'm hoping for the latter. I am extremely surprised how most players aren't loud about this 8 Sims limit that we are stuck since the first The Sims game. Really lame not to fix this somehow. Horses, cats and dogs ALL take a family slot in addition to Sims themselves, why do I need to compensate and either not add any pet cat or dog and only horses and 1 Sim to get 7 pets for that one Sim only, respectively? I hope I am not the only one mad upset about this. I am praying they will update this and remove this stupid 8 Sims limit, I do not want to use a mod, also not to mention the console Simmers cannot get any mods for their game, so unless this major TS4 oversight will not get fixed, they will be stuck with the silly limit forever. Please fix this SimGods, thank you! :disappointed::cry:

Comments

• Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,532 Member
    I agree, please increase the limit for households or at least add additional slots for pets in households.

I remember in sims 2 we had a maximum of 8 human sims but with pets we could go up to 12 household members into total with a max of 8 human sims and 6 pet sims (so you could max out either 8 humans and 4 pets, or 6 humans and 6 pets). Allowing more animals and the same amount of humans would be a nice compromise.
  • Options
    ULIBABA66ULIBABA66 Posts: 2,062 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    I agree, please increase the limit for households or at least add additional slots for pets in households.

I remember in sims 2 we had a maximum of 8 human sims but with pets we could go up to 12 household members into total with a max of 8 human sims and 6 pet sims (so you could max out either 8 humans and 4 pets, or 6 humans and 6 pets). Allowing more animals and the same amount of humans would be a nice compromise.

Omg yess absolutely! Would be perfect for my gameplay, and many other players too! However, they really should have no difficulties (I am not too sure how game development or coding works but I assume) upping the household limit from 8 to 12 for both Sims AND pets at least, if not more. Another thing that really makes me shocked is how for years we have had the "unlimited" Sims in worlds option in the game settings, which means no culling of Sims, and yes I know this can cause lots of performance issues for players with less powerful computers, they still should have no problem allowing us to have bigger households without mods. Console players cannot even get mods, and it makes me upset to see how rude some Simmers are to console players saying things like "well why don't you have PC version then?" or something like that. Very unfair that console players cannot get mods, but again, they must address this ASAP 100%.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I have a feeling this is one of those changes that could break saves like adding swimming in old worlds. I'm sure they thought of this especially when adding horses. Not sure if it's something they could ever do because people will have heart attacks over broken saves.
    But if it's possible then yes, this is something we 100% need!!
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    ULIBABA66ULIBABA66 Posts: 2,062 Member
    I have a feeling this is one of those changes that could break saves like adding swimming in old worlds. I'm sure they thought of this especially when adding horses. Not sure if it's something they could ever do because people will have heart attacks over broken saves.
    But if it's possible then yes, this is something we 100% need!!

While no swimming in old worlds no longer bothers me too much (well Windenburg and the town from Cats & Dogs need swimmable oceans but ugh...), this is at least what would make the game so much better for me! So happy you also mentioned that maybe they have thought of this before, wishful thinking but MAYBE they are saving this for a future update, gosh I need bigger households :cry::bawling:<3