Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

serious issue when loading

i get a message saying ‘ serious issue when loading ..’ when trying to open any of my saves
i’ve honestly tried everything - clearing caches (not sure if i’ve done maximum), restarting , using backup instead , turning off read only file , and i’ve heard that one drive can affect it but when i go into one drive settings i’m not even logged n in BUT the EA folder is still in one drive - is it safe to delete ?
i have got a lot of mods cc and sims packages so!!?
is it worth installing - but gotta download al my stuff again - i could copy the sims 3 folder but what if the issue is in the files itself ? how do i determine
please help i’ve been at this for hours 😭😭
also don’t know if im meant to use this website or if im meant to be somewhere else now?
thank you
tumblr_nsogqlwU6T1ti4ywro1_540.png
I cannot choose only 5 traits, so here's 23..
LovestheCold,Brooding,Insane,Daredevil,Loner,FamilyOriented,Neurotic,ComputerWhiz,Ambitious,Clumsy,Shy,Slob,SociallyAwkward,GoodSenseofHumour,HotHeaded,OverEmotional,Nurturing,Perceptive,HopelessRomantic,Perfectionist,HeavySleeper,DogPersonandFrugal!

Comments

• Options
    octotigeroctotiger Posts: 64 Member
    Are you using a Sims 3 store world or a custom world? Maybe the world file needs to be reinstalled. I receive an error message whenever I try to play a file using the Riverview world, because it's a store world that I have not reinstalled since the EA App had issues with installed store items. The error message states something like "a serious error has occurred while loading 'Riverview.sims3'. It is strongly recommended that you restart..." That is due to my not reinstalling the Riverview world using the Sims 3 store, so you may have to download then reinstall a store world file if your files use them (possibly by installing the world with your in-game downloads dashboard). If you are using a custom world you might need to reinstall that world file.

Don't delete the One Drive folder. If you want to turn off One Drive's syncing of your Sims 3 Folder in Documents, you can turn off the backup in your One Drive's settings, but it won't back up you Documents folder anymore if you disable syncing (until you turn syncing back on again). You use the mouse to right click on the One Drive icon and click "settings" and then click "Manage Backup" while in the One Drive Settings window.

After opening the "Manage Backup" a window appears called "Back up folders on this PC" and there you can turn off syncing for the Documents folder; if One Drive is negatively affecting how your Sims 3 game runs. You can then turn the syncing back on when not playing Sims 3, by going back to settings and manage backup again to enable syncing, so your Documents folder can be backed up if you want that.