Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Multiple problems

NitroglycolNitroglycol Posts: 121 Member
Running Windows 10 on a desktop PC. EPs and SPs I have include UL, Seasons, Showtime, Town Life, Generations, Oudoor Living, High End Loft, Ambitions, Late Night, WA, Fast Lane. Mods (all NRaas) include DebugEnabler, ErrorTrap, MC, Overwatch, Retuner, StoryProgression, and Traveler (plus one more which I'm not sure we're supposed to talk about here and probably isn't relevant anyway because its effect is purely visual). Homeworld is the port of Pleasantview from Pleasant Sims, filled with a bunch of my own Sims and with a number of new lots I built.

So I've been playing a Sim named Terry Christianson. I sent him to university, and hooked him up with Ayana Yuki. After the first stint at uni, he needed to go back to finish his degree. Before doing that I had him invite Ayana to visit, and move her into his household. So far so good, except that I had to make two attempts to do this; the first time I selected "Ask to move in" he suddenly reset without the thing coming up about moving her in. The next time it worked.

First hard problem was once they went back to uni together. Ayana's LTW showed as complete even though she had not met the requirements (and didn't get the lifetime happiness points). I'd seen this issue once before, and had been told that there was some way of fixing it using MC, but I haven't been able to figure out how. The last time that happened I'd set the save aside (I still have it and would be happy if I could fix it); this time I didn't care so much because Terry's LTW is to be the Emperor of Evil, so it made sense to have him be a cad with the ladies. So I just had him impregnate her and leave her, then moved him into another house and had him invite Cade Macklamoor, who he'd also met at uni, to visit, then move in. Incidentally, I again had to try a couple of times to make it work, but it eventually did. But now, all of a sudden, while Terry was at work at the criminal base, he just vanished from the household. He still shows up in Cade's friend list, but when I try to pull him up in MC he shows as "currently out of town". Cade can text him but she can't call him (say to invite him to join the household again). I tried resetting him, again no luck.

Anyone encountered these problems before, and if so, has anyone had success fixing them?

Comments

• Options
    octotigeroctotiger Posts: 64 Member
    Can your sim's lover send a woohooty text to him as invitation? If you place a callbox from the Late Night expansion onto a residential lot, does he show up in the npc list (it can take some sim days to populate the list though)? If you go into edit world and try merging another household with your active one, does he show up in the household list? If this sim is listed as out of town, would having your other active sims return to the homeworld show him in Mastercontroller's lists after returning home? If your other sims cannot return to the homeworld then maybe the save file has become corrupt. I've heard that playing with foreign sims and university sims as actives can potentially corrupt a save. You might have to go back to previous save before his disappearance.

There is also a bug in the criminal career where sims can disappear and be removed from the active household. I have experienced this when one of my criminal sims was arrested and has to suddenly leave work to go to jail, but maybe the routing to a police station fails or there is no police station in the current world, or the game just messes up and can't return the sim. But this happened to me at the homeworld and not a vacation world, so it was not as serious as your case. The game is supposed to return them in several sim hours and their portrait icon is not supposed to leave the household portrait skewer for as long as they are detained, but the game can bug out and remove them from the active household and place them into the homeless category. If you can still see your sim in the relationship panels of other sims that might a good sign that the game didn't somehow delete your sim completely.

I found links that might help you. They have info from simmers regarding Mastercontroller or using ingame cheats to recover missing sims:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/Sims-suddenly-missing-from-household-and-town/td-p/9373917

https://forums.thesims.com/en_us/discussion/900979/please-help-missing-baby

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/389012/world-adventure-sims-disappearing#:~:text=I had this problem and finally solved it,a relationship "from witnessing death" but don't worry

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/823263/visit-at-college

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/ISSUE-Savegame-Corruption/td-p/968290

Since you use mods, there is an option that allows you to move any sim in the world, including homeless ones, to any residential lot with Mastercontroller's "Add Sim" or use the "Reset Lot" when clicking on your household's floor or wall. To completely reset a sim, Mastercontroller has "Reset Sim" option under "Advanced" (by clicking city hall?) which might remake a sim. It may be a bad idea but I have read that Mastercontroller also allows you to invite sims to university from another world in your save, through "Basic" and "Invite Over" and a choosing the world and sims from a list if your sim is offworld (but since your sim was also at university this could cause problems if you invite him over again?). I don't have mods yet, so I'm not sure if Mastercontroller still has these functions though.
  • Options
    Noragirl1223Noragirl1223 Posts: 1 New Member
    I've been having this issue so my brother set up my origin under his email so now that origin is ran be EA what am I supposed to do if I can't get the access code. Can I uninstall and reinstall the disks on my computer so I can reuse the code that is in the case? or is there no way to reuse the code that was given in the case as I cannot figure out how to run the game without the ea launching it. can someone help?