Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My sim died

I was doing a off the grid challenge and I my sims was struck by lightning. wow never had that happen, then the message said game over.

Comments

• Options
    ryouma17ryouma17 Posts: 49 Member
    zeus does not approve of the off the grid challenge
  • Options
    NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,898 Member
    Wow.

I will take thunderstorms more seriously in future.
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    That is very unlucky. :anguished: Sorry about your sim... at least you have a story for the books.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    I am trying again. I am doing a living of the land this time. I am going to play in Windenburg. My sims will start with only a tent as last time. no money, He can fish and collect, to eat etc and buy things like shower, Hope no storms again.
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    Oof... That's really unfortunate. Not only does this death require being stuck at least two times, but other times after first only carries a chance of death, meaning that your sim could survive with lightning bending powers.

If I remember correctly, Erratic trait could prevent this death. In addition, if you manage to get enough Satisfaction Points, get the Storm Chaser trait.
  • Options
    Flikka_FlikkaFlikka_Flikka Posts: 436 Member
    Electricity was offended by your Sim's disdain for it.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,579 Member
    Evalen wrote: »
    I was doing a off the grid challenge and I my sims was struck by lightning. wow never had that happen, then the message said game over.

Do you have a mod? It was my understanding or misunderstanding that our Sims won't be killed by lightning. I know, they've been toasted too many times and not one single death. Wow, just wow. Sorry for your loss.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,450 Member
    @GalacticGal don't know if they changed it, but after thunderstorms were introduced my then played sim died by lightening while in the jungles of Salvadorada.
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited May 2023
    Sims can die from a lighting strike with 0 mods. ;)
    The Sims 4: Seasons
    Lightning is a returning weather phase in The Sims 4: Seasons. Sims that get struck by lightning will receive a +40 dazed moodlet, a +2 "Supercharged" energized moodlet, and become singed. After the second time they get struck, they will gain the ability to summon lightning anywhere they choose. As with previous games, it is possible a Sim who gets struck by lightning consecutively or while singed will die from electrocution, though this is a rare occurrence. Carrying an umbrella may increase the chances of a Sim being struck.

Sims who are outdoors during a thunderstorm will become scared and will autonomously attempt to run indoors. Even when indoors, Sims will receive a weaker "Scared of Thunderstorms" moodlet for the duration of the storm. The scared Moodlet can be changed to a +1 happy moodlet if a Sim has the Storm Chaser Trait From The Rewards Store. If a Sim with the Storm Chaser trait or Erratic trait gets struck by lightning, they will also get a +3 "That Was Totally Awesome!" happy moodlet.

Lightning can also strike a Sim that begs for an apology from a holiday gnome. The lightning can hit indoors, and will not leave Sims singed.
    via https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Lightning

If a player wants to avoid this death then you can find weather settings through Game Options > Environment > Seasons Rain Options: Rain or None
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,674 Member
    Oh, that's bad luck! I think I never had a sim die from lightning... severals were hit, but they managed somehow.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    KestrelDCKestrelDC Posts: 335 Member
    Reminds me of a post I saw online where someone made a Sim and literally immediately the first thing she did was try to cook, start a fire, and die. Just popped into existence and instantly got herself killed!
    wfyfk3mg6t02.jpg
  • Options
    NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,898 Member
    Aww heck. My Sim just died too. By meteorite. The first time she ever used a telescope. :#
    Didn't realize "take cover" meant more than just stop using the scope and move away. Oh course it happened SUPER fast too.

Had to exit without saving.
  • Options
    rudolpharudolpha Posts: 998 Member
    Almost lost a sim by meteorite as well and she was just a child. Perhaps that spared her because when she moved away nothing happened. But for me what is the most dangerous is tinkering on the robot station because they regularly get shocked and become dazed and if by chance you don't notice this and make them go back to it too soon it's game over (unless someone can plead with Grim for their life). My sim died but his wife's plea succeeded. They were just about to have a baby too.
  • Options
    KestrelDCKestrelDC Posts: 335 Member
    rudolpha wrote: »
    Almost lost a sim by meteorite as well and she was just a child. Perhaps that spared her because when she moved away nothing happened. But for me what is the most dangerous is tinkering on the robot station because they regularly get shocked and become dazed and if by chance you don't notice this and make them go back to it too soon it's game over (unless someone can plead with Grim for their life). My sim died but his wife's plea succeeded. They were just about to have a baby too.

Sometimes I forget children can also die now instead of being "whisked away" until one goes out to swim in the middle of winter while it's freezing out and I don't notice they've done so until I get that big orange notification that they're freezing to death and need to get inside and I get a slight heart attack!

(Seriously, though.... it feels like my Sims are TRYING to get themselves killed lately, Clement/Father Winter keeps working out and almost dying of overexertion even though he dislikes fitness and then when I tell him to stop he tries to go relax on a pool float in nothing but swim trunks.... while it's freezing out and everything is covered in snow.... just.... WHY?!)
    wfyfk3mg6t02.jpg
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    Evalen wrote: »

Do you have a mod? It was my understanding or misunderstanding that our Sims won't be killed by lightning. I know, they've been toasted too many times and not one single death. Wow, just wow. Sorry for your loss.

I do not play with mods
  • Options
    rebekah512rebekah512 Posts: 881 Member
    In Sims 3, I had planned an elaborate wedding on the beach for my main story-with extensive playtime to set these two lovers up.

Only to have a meteor strike mid ceremony and kill not only the bride, but half her family.

I was so shocked-and then i laughed my butt off. "Sucks to be you, Unlucky Groom!"
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,881 Member
    I definitely would have exited without saving.

Since we've been using the EA App I've started saving every 25-30 minutes and deleting the previous save. Sounds tedious but it's almost automatic now.
  • Options
    manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,111 Member
    As some other people have said I have seen sims hit by lightning, but they have never died. That's really unfortunate. :(