Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Does anyone play Cottage Living in another world .

EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
I was wondering if anyone plays cottage living in another world and if so, how is it. and what world is it, does it play the same

Comments

• Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    edited April 2023
    I am currently playing with cottage living features in brindleton bay. My sim is just a hobby farmer with a few chickens and a few large crops.

Tending to big crops and caring for cows, llamas and chickens works just the same as in Henford. Rabbits and birds don't spawn by default. But you can place the tree stump to get bunnies and the tree to get birds to visit. You either have to befriend these animals in Henford to unlock the items or use a cheat to unlock them. Foxes will only come with the lot challenge, which you can also use in any world.

The only things that can only be done in Henford are
    - errands from the locals to earn items
    - the weekly fair, but like all festivals you can visit it if you live elsewhere
    - buy certain goods at the stalls or from the creature keeper. You can order groceries from home for milk, sugar and flour but some fertilisers for example can only be found at the stall. You can use a work around by placing the market stalls on another lot in any world and hire a vendor for 100§
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I have a llama in Magnolia Promenade. It works just the same as if it were in Henford-on-Bagley.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    I find the Windslar in Windenburg to be a great place for Cottage Living gameplay.
  • Options
    JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    I have started applying the simple living lot trait (where you order groceries and cook with ingredients) to my main sims houses wherever they are. And I use some build buy items.

It’s not one of those packs where you need to live there, but it is a better pack if you do live there.

I think you can easily do your farming elsewhere and just pop into Henford for the fair and the shop.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited April 2023
    chickens are fun in Sulani

also gardening goes everywhere

I have some llama sheds in Selvadorada should I ever have my sim travel there

and I think Sable Square in Brindleton Bay might also suit doing all that farm stuff cows llamas chickens you name it

same with Windenburg if you feel like it
    theres some lots that would suit farming

Mt.Komorebi I am thinking foxes and bunnies might be lovely to have

and maybe Granite Falls should also have the wild animals

and moonwood mill wouldn't be far off either although werewolves so... welp

I try to limit myself on wild animals because I figure it might be hard for my computer if theres lots of them being generated even though obviously they would suit lots of places

Birds I maybe use more since its just one flock/tree those can go about anywhere

rest of the worlds I wouldn't really feel like have connection but it could be funny like having celeb llama or city cow or maybe putting some evil chickens in Forgotten Hollow (I'm still bit bummed that theres no Llama of death)
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    Sulani is the perfect farming world.
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    edited April 2023
    You could do it comfortably in Newcrest.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    I have played farms in Brindleton Bay, Moonwood Mill and Windenburg. That's what I love about Cottage Living, that your sims can farm anywhere they live. Depending on the sim family I am playing and my game plan, my farms vary from just chickens to having all the animals and, of course, gardening with Patchy the scarecrow and bees. I love playing the simple lifestyle and off-the-grid. I almost always add the bunnies, foxes and birds too!
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,881 Member
    I placed Cordelia's Secret Cottage on a beautiful wooded lot in Windenburg (Get Together). I love that cottage but wanted a larger lot for the animal sheds. I don't see where it makes much difference, other than possibly aesthetics, as you have to travel no matter where your sim lives.
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,928 Member
    I know old pics, but

at Batuu
    b2xzETF.png
    udFEJxX.png
    Nf32bOc.png

San Myshuno
    ISC5Gwl.png
    85aM8Wr.png

A9SPaYU.png
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,579 Member
    I have used Willow Creek in the past for my Ancestral game save. My family started out in Virginia's Shenandoah Valley before they removed 300 miles southwest to the Settlements, which is now East Tennessee. Worked just fine in Willow Creek.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    There are some EP features that you can't do anywhere else like going on a hike or apartments (to name a few). Objects like gardening plots and farm animals are objects that can be placed anywhere and will still function.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    FutureFuture Posts: 336 Member
    I have families in StrangerVille and Oasis Springs with the new lot trait and chickens.
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    I know old pics, but

at Batuu
    b2xzETF.png
    udFEJxX.png
    Nf32bOc.png

San Myshuno
    ISC5Gwl.png
    85aM8Wr.png

A9SPaYU.png

That farm on top of a skyscraper is cracking me up! I love it! Very creative and for sure fresh scenery for farming gameplay. :)
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Wait a minute, it's possible to have a Cow in Batuu?! Way too cool! B)
    If I wasn't so busy updated my households with the new personality traits I would so try that. I hope I don't forget to do that, it looks so much fun, plus it explains where some of the Cows who got secretly abducted by Aliens went to. :D:p
  • Options
    Katofhyrule12Katofhyrule12 Posts: 717 Member
    I have used most of the Cottage living things in Moonwood Mills. I move the starter house to the bigger lots and place a microhome on the smaller lot.
  • Options
    IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    One of the many things I love about the Cottage Living pack is that we are able to use everything in any world.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,675 Member
    I use the farm features in most worlds. Landscape wise they fit very well in both Windenburg and Brindleton Bay, also forgotten Hollow can easily benefit from some farm vibes. Only world I felt farming was weird was in Oasis Springs. I have one llama there, but I guess it is quite hot (knowing there are different llama species and some might like a hot climate even). Chicken feels ok in OS though :)

Households not keeping farm animals can still grow food, work on cross stitching, and make a living from canning etc. So there is not really any world restrictions with this pack. Perhaps that is why it feels so much like an addition to the game, not just with one more world but lots of features that can go anywhere.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    jennieeffinjennieeffin Posts: 184 Member
    Absolutely! As many have mentioned here the Simple Living trait is a great enhancer for any lot. Even if you don't garden, it forces you to shop for everything and adds a degree of realism and difficulty to your game.

Strangerville is a great spot for ranches--I have a couple of ranches there with cows.

Sulani as others have mentioned is a natural spot for chickens. Anyone that has ever been to Hawaii will tell you there are chickens and roosters everywhere.

I play very realistically and most of my sims live in Willow Creek, San Myshuno, or Newcrest so don't do too much animal raising (though my legacies always have a small garden in their yard). But I still place the farmer's market booth in at least one community lot in all my regions so that my sims can buy and sell produce even if they're not in Henford.
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,908 Member
    This is why Cottage Living is arguably the best pack: the world itself is amazing, but you can also use basically every feature in every other world. (Other than village errands, I guess.) All of the other packs are one or the other.
  • Options
    lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,023 Member
    edited May 2023
    I use the Simple Living Lot trait with many of my families. Several of my households in other worlds have chickens. Some have birds, rabbits, llamas or cows. I love the foxes even though they're supposed to be a Lot Challenge. I like befriending them. They're just so cute! I know, if I were a real farmer, I'd feel differently. But this is The Sims. 😉

This little fox sang along with my sim.
    y4mQJWlwmD5a_JAiDhPJq4e7838FBhKbvAFv52ZkK7Y3__J074MpqMONNzIHKe7tyUWaJXV83XMYDBuVeTTLO84-W8SVeQfNV_Dx6dhXfkA6j8uaUziE_b4_plrWJCCS5ioiqmbjv9CfG8Ruvjudo5tOAcgVtg7YJZRxB26kOZaJNa8uJlpGHz7VaG-TGTZNfJK?width=547&height=972&cropmode=none
    Two befriended foxes playing together.
    y4mtPWzSOGrEAPwOzYq0ID1lOrxGzPUyl_iTeYwV-RCKY03ortS_fszkhshvMfb8hwaK1hZJ0217uY726nMJ0swWeMUIR6i-WVWCf7zwKawz70PhZf9evAWCG10ZKS_YgUYo2dEVjndPej9_c5SaK50diC1exF3lIO1PlyfsSy99LJ3H8OTkhj0KrKb9Imc-tkK?width=956&height=538&cropmode=none
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,890 Member
    edited May 2023
    @Ellupelluellu We didn't quite do a whole rooftop farm, but we do have balcony chickens in my San Myshuno game :)

urban-farming.png
    chickaboom.png
    chick-elevator.png

They haven't figured out how to use the elevator... yet. Perhaps, they are too short to reach the buttons.
  • Options
    GoddessBylineGoddessByline Posts: 281 Member
    I've played it in Evergreen Harbour as the Simple Living lot trait, goes well with the Eco goals of the game.

OrGnN9N.png
    Uv3NzBy.png

vFMw7iY.png

I don't use CC so if you see something in a screenshot of mine, it's from the game.
    EA Account (Gallery) ID: BylineBelife
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,928 Member
    @mightysprite , lil chick at elevator lobby is adorable <3 maybe someday <3
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    I use the farm features in most worlds. Landscape wise they fit very well in both Windenburg and Brindleton Bay, also forgotten Hollow can easily benefit from some farm vibes. Only world I felt farming was weird was in Oasis Springs. I have one llama there, but I guess it is quite hot (knowing there are different llama species and some might like a hot climate even). Chicken feels ok in OS though :)

Households not keeping farm animals can still grow food, work on cross stitching, and make a living from canning etc. So there is not really any world restrictions with this pack. Perhaps that is why it feels so much like an addition to the game, not just with one more world but lots of features that can go anywhere.

Which makes it a true expansion pack, perhaps the only one in the game.