Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Infants to Toddlers

So I just now aged up my first infant in the game. It took a long time to achieve milestones and even then I didn't get to crawling (it was time to move on). One thing that surprised me is my toddler was walking right away. Shouldn't they have been crawling since they didn't achieve that milestone as an infant?
Go Raps!
canada-flag-tiny.gif

Comments

• Options
    happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    The aging up animation is the speedrun of teaching a toddler to walk.
    TS4 toddlers do not have crawling animations.
  • Options
    DeadFishyDeadFishy Posts: 2,762 Member
    What do you mean toddlers done have crawling animations? So they go from baby to toddler walking? I have for sure taught toddlers to walk from crawling in the past.
    Go Raps!
    canada-flag-tiny.gif
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,871 Member
    edited April 2023
    Toddlers know how to walk. They get better as their motor skills increase.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,427 Member
    The game assumes sims have learned how to walk when they reach toddler age. Just like the game assumes children don't wet themselves regardless of their potty skill as a toddler.

The toddlers do improve in walking with the movement skill.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,882 Member
    edited April 2023
    DeadFishy wrote: »
    What do you mean toddlers done have crawling animations? So they go from baby to toddler walking? I have for sure taught toddlers to walk from crawling in the past.

@DeadFishy I think that's Sims 2.
    (Or maybe 3 which I haven't played)
    In TS4 the only "teach to walk" happens autonomously right after the toddler ages up-- before infants, they did "teach to walk" directly from the bassinet, not from a crawling stage.
  • Options
    itsTheSimsGuyitsTheSimsGuy Posts: 77 Member

Toddlers in this game do not crawl, they just walk. Badly at first, then they get better. But they don’t crawl.
  • Options
    DeadFishyDeadFishy Posts: 2,762 Member
    How did I remember this incorrectly??? I went through my screen grabs and I guess I was wrong!
    Go Raps!
    canada-flag-tiny.gif
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,871 Member
    After 23 years and 4 versions it's quite easy to mix up what happened in which. 🙂
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member

@DeadFishy I think that's Sims 2.
    (Or maybe 3 which I haven't played)
    In TS4 the only "teach to walk" happens autonomously right after the toddler ages up-- before infants, they did "teach to walk" directly from the bassinet, not from a crawling stage.

Yes, there was that one brief instant of the older Sim holding their arms out to catch the Tot, but that's it. The Toddler takes it from there and they are very unstable on their tiny feet in the beginning.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/