Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TS2 custom content controller (or whatever it's called)

OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
Is there a program out there that will enable going through one's CC to determine what is what? Looking at my downloads folder shows that most of the items are a long alpha-numeric string, which is useless for identifying what the item even is, let alone if it's something I want to keep. It's long past time for that folder to go on a diet and loose the stuff I will never use. I know what it is visually but have no idea what the corresponding file name is. I know there are some for TS4 out there, so hoping TS2 has its counterparts.

Thank you in advance!

Comments

• Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,351 Member
    I do not know of any dedicated cc organizers, but for clothes Wardrobe Wrangler would do the trick, and for general cc SimPE. That last one may be a bit overkill just for the purpose of looking at your cc, though.
  • Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,099 Member
    edited April 2023
    Sims2Pack Clean installer. You can find it on ModtheSims. Unfortunately there are some hiccups. If the creator didn't properly label the item and/or make a thumbnail for it, it won't be able to tell you what it is.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,994 Member
    edited April 2023
    Above :)

Adding that its also much safer way to instal downloaded lots than gameinstaller. I dislike the way lot file includes all recolors, also those what break game features (looking at you pre freetime mailbox recolor)

https://modthesims.info/d/409950/sims2pack-clean-installer-v1-6-22-updated-aug-2-2014.html
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,351 Member
    Now I feel extremely stupid. I have (and use) Sims2Pack Clean Installer, but didn't think of it.
  • Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,099 Member
    That happens. *shrug*

Hopefully you can get everything sorted out. I just went through my mountain of CC a couple months ago, trying to identify an outfit that had gone invisible at some point, like maybe I lost an attached mesh.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Thank you, everyone! RL and fighting the EAapp have kept me busy, but will follow up on the suggestions. I have SimPE but didn't know it could check CC. Then, there is a lot it can do that have not explored yet.