Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Buildable Apartments?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,080 Member
    I don’t care because I don’t play with apartments. (This is the wrong answer 😂).
    All of my apartments in San Myshuno and Evergreen Harbor are empty. I've been putting off the city native aspiration because I believe you need to live in an apartment.
  • Options
    fujicakes1fujicakes1 Posts: 1,286 Member
    I would like any opportunity to build close living quarters (apartments, townhomes, etc.)
    Thanks guys! That's so helpful! I can't believe I didn't google that - I google literally everything else about the game lol. Sad.
    All my daily trances, and all my nightly dreams, are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams.
    I dance to the beat of my own drum, no matter how measured or far away.
    I do love a road. You can always be wondering what is at the end of it.
  • Options
    SuceressSuceress Posts: 1,679 Member
    Yes, I want to build apartments.
    I want to have buildable apartments as well as town-homes. Maybe even have a way for other sims to rent a room in another sim's house. If you are playing the sim they could search on computer for a room to rent and then they could choose if they want just a room, a whole basement area, and what amenities they want and they could find something. Of they could read the paper to find something. They go and view the place and sign a lease. I'd also like for the sim we are playing to be able to list some space for rent-- a room, a garage, a basement, etc.

I want to be able to build entire apartment buildings. Duplex houses would also be interesting. I personally would never live in a duplex or townhouse (I prefer to NOT see my neighbors-- which is why I live out in the middle of nowhere) but my sims can. Like in a previous version of Sims games we can set common areas and private areas. So maybe the common area contains a kitchen or a cafeteria, parking area, play area, pool, lobby, etc.

I mentioned in another thread how I'd like to see a setup like Alupang Beach Tower in Guam where there's a lobby with a restaurant on the main floor, parking in the side & basement level, restaurant at the back, and some of the rooms have their own stacked washer & dryer.

Hotels could also work similarly to apartments and some rooms could be rented out for even a single night or a short period of time like an Air BnB.

I would love to be able to make taller buildings with multiple levels and the building could basically be like almost a whole neighborhood. Laundromat on main floor or basement (but some nicer apartments would have full laundry), laundry chutes & trash chutes for Sims who pay to have their laundry done by someone else & have trash hauled off by someone working at the apartment complex. There could be grocery stores nearby. Maybe even have some shops in the lobby?