Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

San Sequoia World Discussion

Comments

• Options
    Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 870 Member
    edited March 2023
    are any of the bay areas boat usable? one thing that irks me about TS4 is only Island living water allowing boats and jetskis. i love the docks i just wish they were useable
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,930 Member
    Look, I'm always one to want a larger world (more worlds, etc.), and I can't say I'm super excited about this world, but I'm not too mad about it this time. There's so much in this pack that if it actually works well, I won't be bothered by the world size.

There are always people at one end of the spectrum who say "No new world! Just gameplay only!" and then there are people who are like, "We have to have a Windenburg sized world every time!" Admittedly, I am more toward the latter end of the spectrum, but I think I will be perfectly ok this time around with a decent but not particularly exciting world, that gives me some room to expand, combined with what looks like lots of new gameplay. Seems like a fair compromise to me this time around.

Like, it's fine. Don't get me wrong, there are some things I would definitely have done differently. But I can work with it.
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,437 Member
    Can't say I'm disappointed too much, it's about what I expected. A super large pretty world filled with a ton of fake buildings.

I was really hoping that the "residential" neighborhood would have had the houses closer together like, you know an actual neighborhood where you could have at least had your families all living next door to each other. Unless I missed it (I was being pulled away from desk a bunch during the stream), it looked like a bunch of fake houses between the real lots.
    rdaj48x.png

Are these houses fake?

sxjf98Z.png

• Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 9,187 Member
    edited March 2023
    I'm quite surprised about the way they made this world now I am even more confused

I suppose Hopewell Hills would be the tiny house spot for me like little families in little houses thats bout it can't say those shells excite me much

I think Gilbert Gardens would suit like "elderly home" vibes even tho thats actually the rec center but like yeah I would probably build like oldey mansion hood for the grandmas and grandpas and big families like say maybe spencer kim lewis or something along those lines

and the Wharf would kind of be extension to San Myshuno like its part of SanCity probably just venues rather than houses
    although i saw some houses that gave me small ts2 downtown vibe so mayhaps that could be thing for one lot

honestly though I foresee me struggling I have yet to even build Willow Creek or Newcrest for that matter

and its not even so many lots so it shouldn't be so hard but dang struggles here i come :lol:
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,073 Member
    I love that the wharf neighbourhood has a few waterfront properties!
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,549 Member
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    It looks like my faux townhouses might fit well into that empty 40x20 lot near the splash park and rec center.

I'm thinking that Anchorpoint Wharf library is definitely going to have to go, that real estate is too prime for yet another library. Part of me would like to use it for a retail lot, since it's right downtown, but I'm also really tempted to use it to try out @EmmaVane's "community lot as a seasonal festival location" concept. It seems like a great place for it. Then maybe a fancy seafood restaurant in the 30x20 empty lot right on the water.
  • Options
    Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 767 Member
    Amapola76 wrote: »
    It looks like my faux townhouses might fit well into that empty 40x20 lot near the splash park and rec center.

I'm thinking that Anchorpoint Wharf library is definitely going to have to go, that real estate is too prime for yet another library. Part of me would like to use it for a retail lot, since it's right downtown, but I'm also really tempted to use it to try out @EmmaVane's "community lot as a seasonal festival location" concept. It seems like a great place for it. Then maybe a fancy seafood restaurant in the 30x20 empty lot right on the water.

You know what that’s a good idea. I might repurpose the library as a community lot since I don’t build.
  • Options
    Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 767 Member
    I’m honestly unsure how I feel about the world. It depends on how many sims populate in the public areas.

One of the most important things to me in all the worlds I love is that it has a lot of good neighborhood amenities. And in that regard this pack is doing an awesome job. But I am unsure about the lots and their placement. Two more lots would’ve made a world of a difference for me. One in the wharf and one in the gardens.

Also I’m disappointed they didn’t add apartments or townhouses

I’m going to have to limit myself to three or four community lots. Going to keep the rec center because I love it. I’m going to add a restaurant and a community center.
  • Options
    FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 848 Member

I'll agree the world itself is a bit disappointing, although not surprising, but I'm well pleased with those lot sizes. Not a 15x20 or 20x20 to be found! Big family homes and community lots, here I come!
    HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,911 Member
    I really like the world, but I really hope it snows in winter.
  • Options
    RandomTokenCodeRandomTokenCode Posts: 189 Member
    Amapola76 wrote: »

The rec center in the vanilla is too plain, and I think it is big enough to serve as a child library meanwhile(a rare 64*64! The child library in downtown is extravagant and hard to understand how it works because it doesn't seem to make sense in commerce. I will use the frame to create a grocery center, especially for cans and fish stocks echoing the town background.
  • Options
    It's killing me that we didn't get multi-family lot options to build colourful row houses in this world. Faking it with roommates and locking doors just isn't cutting it for me anymore. I so desperately want different households living on one property... That could've been such a simple solution to give us more living spaces in these smaller worlds that are now the new normal.

*heavy sigh*
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • Options
    Yeah I think library could just as well be part of rec center and I could use that lot for something less... quiet

yes I think that is the issue for me

libraries should be quiet and this lot position is everything but quiet

also in looks I have just never been fan of the industrial/casual/modern library look

it just feels tad sad when i could have beautiful quiet old library instead

I'm not sure what I want in wharf though
    if I ever get bowling pack it could be good spot for bowling place n such tho hmm

will have to think about it
  • Options
    Simmingal wrote: »
    Yeah I think library could just as well be part of rec center and I could use that lot for something less... quiet

yes I think that is the issue for me

libraries should be quiet and this lot position is everything but quiet

also in looks I have just never been fan of the industrial/casual/modern library look

it just feels tad sad when i could have beautiful quiet old library instead

I'm not sure what I want in wharf though
    if I ever get bowling pack it could be good spot for bowling place n such tho hmm

will have to think about it

I really like the layout of that child's library though. Deli did a great job with it. I think what I'm going to do is copy/paste it into rooms and then add those room sections onto the rec centre, I really want to keep the integrity of the layout.

But yes, you guys have a great idea about moving the 'library' over to the rec center lot... because the rec centre could easily just have a quiet reading area instead of designating an entire buildable lot as a library. And since real estate is at such a prime in this world (due to its lacking in buildable spaces), getting rid of the library is a great way to gain one more buildable lot for some other kind of community venue (restaurant, cafe, bakery, retail, etc).
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,752 Member
    Library must go, here as well. I want to build a retail mall there, maybe with a few smaller studios for crafters to go to create their local traditional stuff. I plan removing the rec center as well, LOL. The lot is well sized for a water park museum/activity center, working as the entrance lot for the water park.

It just struck me that I will keep playing most of my worlds, I can add rec centers in many other worlds in stead. Maybe the retail mall can include the rec center - if so the shops will be fake, but that might work, too. Guess I'll need to "walk the streets" before I decide.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    There is a swimmable location in this world and it also has a crocodile you have to keep your eye on. I think we're getting a new death crocodile attack and when you think of it why not? Sims can be killed by sharks in Sulani so why not crocodile deaths?
  • Options
    There is a swimmable location in this world and it also has a crocodile you have to keep your eye on. I think we're getting a new death crocodile attack and when you think of it why not? Sims can be killed by sharks in Sulani so why not crocodile deaths?

I wish I could do with some more death

but also don't we have crocodiles in ponds that very much just be chillin n nothing else hmm
  • Options

Yes, that "great white crocodile" is a fun feature. Death by croc, yet another crazy way for poor sims to die. :D

I'm still wondering if we're going to have a spot somewhere along the bay shoreline where we can place a sailboat or jetski? Guess we'll find out in 13 days.
  • Options
    Simmingal wrote: »

I wish I could do with some more death

but also don't we have crocodiles in ponds that very much just be chillin n nothing else hmm

Those are small crocs. The way SimGuruMorgan talked these crocs have to be watched.
  • Options
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,588 Member

Love the splash pads. Can't wait to add them to my community pool. Would have loved if they showed sims interacting with them.
  • Options

Desert Bloom Park in Oasis Springs is getting a major update in my game....

For sure. I already have the (Perfect Patio?) slip and slides in that park, so the splash pads will be a great addition.