Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Find/Request Item; Gas/Oxygen Mask That Works With Firefighter Helmet!

ZanderMagicManZanderMagicMan Posts: 25 Member
edited January 2023 in Build/Buy Custom Content
I've been trying to play a story about sims firefighters, but have been unable to find a gas mask/oxygen mask that works with the firefighter helmet! I've found a couple of cc masks that work without the helmet, but despite them being set as 'glasses', for some reason they dissapear from my sim when I put the helmet on.
The diving mask that came with the Island Living EP would be perfect, but it's in the 'hat' category, so also won't work with the helmet!
Does anybody know of any mask cc that does work with the helmet? Or does anybody know how I can change the Island Living diving mask to a different category, to see if that works?
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    edited January 2023
    I would definitely ask over at Sims4Studio in their Creator Help section. That's typically the program that is used to make CC because it's the most user friendly compared to TSRW or S4PE.

I'm not a CAS CC creator, I create B/B CC, so I'm not 100% positive, but you could do a test run and change the mask to a necklace category in S4S and see if that works. I do know that there area certain areas on the UV Map that are specific to where CAS CC needs to be located for it to appear properly, so you might also have to move the UV around to the appropriate area to get it to work.

But I would most definitely ask over at S4S because they are quite knowledgeable and helpful.

https://sims4studio.com/board/8/creator-help
    (***NOTE: If you've not already registered for the site, you will need to do that I believe, before you can post).

Here's an image of what a CAS UV looks like so you can see what I mean about where the texture and mesh needs to be placed on the UV Map for it to appear correctly in the game.
    AcQ4dAR.png

If you link me to the the CC Mask, I can look to see where it's mapped on the UV Map, I just thought about that, it's possible that the creator has mapped it in the hat area, since they are so close on the UV Map which would explain why the mask disappears when you put a hat on.
    Post edited by Chicklet453681 on