Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

This year I have been to [enter sims world/location]

Have you ever been to a place and thought 'this is exactly like in the sims game?' Well I have several times. What sims 4 places have you visited this year? Or perhaps in what sims world do you live? It doesn't have to be exactly the same, I don't think that's even possible. It is just a place with enough recognizable elements to remind you of the sims.

This year I have been to:
Tartosa: I have been to the french town at the mediteranean sea. It has beaches in a bay, a small light house, places to get food right next to the water, the tartosa town hall would fit in nicely in this city. While I was walking there I was reminded of Tartosa instantly.
Mt. Komorebi (the mountain, not the world): This year I have seen the Mont Blanc, the highest mountain of western Europe. We took the cable car to one of the highest viewing points you can reach in Europe. We saw the flat, slightly rounded mountain top under a thick layer of snow. Other mountaint tops I have seen were usually more steep or less snow covered but this one came real close to the mountain in Komorebi. We also saw several climbers in climbing gear making their way to the top. Obviously there is no link with Japan, so it was just the mountaint top not the rest of the world.
The lighthouse in Brindleton bay: My husband and I visited a lighthouse on an island. The shape was slightly different but when we were alone for a moment at the top I couldn't help but wonder how sims can woohoo in such a public location.

Comments

• Options
    Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    Cute idea!
    This year I have been to:
    Brindleton bay: It’s actually where I live, in New England not far from the Boston harbor. It’s actually amazing how close it looks to my current town.
    Sulani: My husband and I took a long weekend trip to a tropical beach to celebrate 20 years of marriage this year.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited December 2022
    I live in sort of mashup of Sable Square fieldscape, Granite Falls, Moonwood Mill and Forgotten Hollow

mostly though I have been feeling Moonwood Mill this year going on early morning moonlight walks hearing the wolves howling in the distance

wondering if its Greggy poo I hear it often serves as motivation to walk just a little faster
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,427 Member
    @Kita5399 nice to hear about your holiday. I have never been to a tropical beach but I can imagine it is very beautiful.

@Simmingal where is sable square? I never heard of it. The location where I live is also a mashup, in my case a mashup of evergreen harbour, windenburg and newcrest.
  • Options
    TTNsimmerTTNsimmer Posts: 669 Member
    I live in a greek beach town that is very similar to Tartosa (mainly the port heighbourhood). Unfortunately I havent been anywhere else this year. Hopefully the next one will be different. I d like to visit Sulani ( a tropical world) at some point.
  • Options
    ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    What a great thread idea!

I've been to Sulani /sunlit Tides /twikii Island (sims4, 3, and 2 respectively) and going those places in the game is like revisiting only, less tiring, more idyllic.

Ich habe been to and lived near the wild rocky coastline like that of Windenberg in sims4, and the bluffs, and especially when they are covered in ice and snow, that is realistic to my lived experience.

I live not far from places like Brindleton Bay and the similarities are there including in one particular expensive coastal town I'm thinking of, a lot of Brants and Brent's. 🙂

Both Bridgeport and San myshuno have elements of big city life I remember fondly, and I have lived both in shabby low-rent apartments with vermin, and in old historic apartments with hardwood floors and intricate moldings that were cozy and atmospheric.

Strangerville and Strangetown remind me of some parts of the Southwest in the US, one of which has a fun, funky tradition of embracing self-declared weirdos like Erwin, where life is never boring. I love the bar in strangerville because it reminds me of a few little hole in the wall places to get great homemade salsa and tortillas, cheap beer, strange decor, and interesting conversation, even UFO sighting tales.

You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,889 Member
    This is fun :)

I live in a place that looks very much like the Brindleton Bay neighborhood with the rolling hills and hayfields in the background (not the beach).

This summer minisprite and I visited my hometown, which looks like San Myshuno in some neighborhoods, Evergreen Harbor in others, and has a Komorebi-like icy mountain watching over it (when it's not fogged in). It's not in Japan, but there is a lot of Japanese, Korean and Vietnamese culture and art and food. Much of my high school graduating class was made up of kids whose parents come from various parts of south and east Asia.

My sweetie and I visited a relative who lives in a place very much like Granite Falls. The woods were very beautiful. The insect population was very well represented.

• Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    @Kita5399 Congratulations on your anniversary and your tropical getaway. May the New Year bring good things for you and your family. :)
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    @Kita5399 nice to hear about your holiday. I have never been to a tropical beach but I can imagine it is very beautiful.

@Simmingal where is sable square? I never heard of it. The location where I live is also a mashup, in my case a mashup of evergreen harbour, windenburg and newcrest.

Brindleton Bay :) its the neighborhood where Heckings live
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    This is fun :)

I live in a place that looks very much like the Brindleton Bay neighborhood with the rolling hills and hayfields in the background (not the beach).

This summer minisprite and I visited my hometown, which looks like San Myshuno in some neighborhoods, Evergreen Harbor in others, and has a Komorebi-like icy mountain watching over it (when it's not fogged in). It's not in Japan, but there is a lot of Japanese, Korean and Vietnamese culture and art and food. Much of my high school graduating class was made up of kids whose parents come from various parts of south and east Asia.

My sweetie and I visited a relative who lives in a place very much like Granite Falls. The woods were very beautiful. The insect population was very well represented.

Going to a place like granite falls seems very nice. I have never been camping at such a remote location.
    Simmingal wrote: »
    Atreya33 wrote: »

Brindleton Bay :) its the neighborhood where Heckings live

I know the name of the world's but not of every neighbourhood, that's why I did not recognise it. Looks like a nice place, though I have only ever had one family live there.
  • Options
    Glad someone mentioned Granite Falls because I forgot that one. Where I live now, the wooded areas and campsites and national parks are very much like Granite Falls: tall pines and mixed deciduous hardwoods, Granite boulders, lakes, lots of bugs and wildlife, great fishing, and your choice of wild and untamed, or groomed maintained trails and cute cabins.
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • Options
    Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    Thank you @Atreya33 & @Paigeisin5
    Yes it was absolutely beautiful, and much needed after a terrible few years.
    I love reading about all these places everyone has visited, it’s interesting how these Sim worlds can be compared to/seen in real places all over the world! :)
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    When I was a little girl, my parents & I went to "Moonwood Mill" in reality was Banff the border between Alberta & BC Canada. However, no Werewolves. :D;)
  • Options
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    When I was a little girl, my parents & I went to "Moonwood Mill" in reality was Banff the border between Alberta & BC Canada. However, no Werewolves. :D;)

Do you consider the absence of werewolves a good or a bad thing? :p
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    edited January 2023
    I visited Tübingen, a German town whose inner city looks like a busier version of the old town of Windenburg, complete with a river running through it. Before that, I used to think Bavaria (where I lived until last year) was the inspiration for Windenburg because it has a lot of similar-looking places, but Tübingen comes even closer.

Other than that, I haven't travelled a lot in my life, never left Europe, but I'd love to visit some of the places that inspired the Sims locations someday.
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member

So far this year has been The Year of House Parties and we’re only just over 3 days in at the time of me writing this. I’m exhausted.

In 2022 however, I went on a couple of roadtrips and hikes across me diddly dee home country (Leprechaun Land) -because hey, ho why not - and although I find that nothing in The Sims 4 is exactly like home, there are plenty of areas that remind me of Henford on Bagley. Sims 3's Dragon Valley on the other hand, closely resembles my country - INCLUDING dragons- although I must admit that the members of this particular dragon breed look more like humans and perhaps less like dragons.

Lighthouses are a common sight due to the fact that the wet rock that I live on happens to be an island with a healthy amount of quaint little fishing harbors. Note the way I accidentally wrote “harbor” in American English because for some mysterious reason that’s how my device is set up. 🤷🏻‍♂️
    Obviously there’s an abundance of surrounding rocky islands and also strays (cats, dogs, humans, you name it) and although this ain’t New England, what I’m trying to get at is that we’ve certainly got a wee bit of the Brindleton Bay going here.

My interests lie in -among too many other interests- historical architecture: I actively seek out regions that are the home of ancient burial tombs, medieval castles, gothic mansions and the ruins of dark, creepy abbeys -every single one of them haunted.
    Finding these structures is no difficult task since the bits ‘n bobs from the days of yore and long before lie scattered just about everywhere in yer backyard.
    The majority of backyards around here? Haunted.
    I recently discovered the floating ectoplasm of the severed left thumb of a 12th-century cisterian monk in me toilet cistern...HOW can one even imagine something ghastly like that?!

Let's re-focus here.
    Whenever I visit all those places, I'd take copious amounts of photographs of structural details which I will then use as reference for creative projects, including my builds in The Sims. To FINALLY, finally get to the point: YES! I secretly am forever reminded of the game wherever I go, due to being a permanently inspired nut.

Last summer a steel bird flew me to Mainland Europe to go on a Mainland Europe adventure. At one point during that trip I ended up in a nature reserve in North Rhine-Westphalia which is a beautiful region in Germany - and I discovered that the Windenburg vibe is pretty strong around there.
    Something that I also found to be quite strong are the wonderfully tasty Belgian Trappist brews. No complaints. 😇

• Options
    So far this year has been The Year of House Parties and we’re only just over 3 days in at the time of me writing this. I’m exhausted.

In 2022 however, I went on a couple of roadtrips and hikes across me diddly dee home country (Leprechaun Land) -because hey, ho why not - and although I find that nothing in The Sims 4 is exactly like home, there are plenty of areas that remind me of Henford on Bagley. Sims 3's Dragon Valley on the other hand, closely resembles my country - INCLUDING dragons- although I must admit that the members of this particular dragon breed look more like humans and perhaps less like dragons.

Lighthouses are a common sight due to the fact that the wet rock that I live on happens to be an island with a healthy amount of quaint little fishing harbors. Note the way I accidentally wrote “harbor” in American English because for some mysterious reason that’s how my device is set up. 🤷🏻‍♂️
    Obviously there’s an abundance of surrounding rocky islands and also strays (cats, dogs, humans, you name it) and although this ain’t New England, what I’m trying to get at is that we’ve certainly got a wee bit of the Brindleton Bay going here.

My interests lie in -among too many other interests- historical architecture: I actively seek out regions that are the home of ancient burial tombs, medieval castles, gothic mansions and the ruins of dark, creepy abbeys -every single one of them haunted.
    Finding these structures is no difficult task since the bits ‘n bobs from the days of yore and long before lie scattered just about everywhere in yer backyard.
    The majority of backyards around here? Haunted.
    I recently discovered the floating ectoplasm of the severed left thumb of a 12th-century cisterian monk in me toilet cistern...HOW can one even imagine something ghastly like that?!

Let's re-focus here.
    Whenever I visit all those places, I'd take copious amounts of photographs of structural details which I will then use as reference for creative projects, including my builds in The Sims. To FINALLY, finally get to the point: YES! I secretly am forever reminded of the game wherever I go, due to being a permanently inspired nut.

Last summer a steel bird flew me to Mainland Europe to go on a Mainland Europe adventure. At one point during that trip I ended up in a nature reserve in North Rhine-Westphalia which is a beautiful region in Germany - and I discovered that the Windenburg vibe is pretty strong around there.
    Something that I also found to be quite strong are the wonderfully tasty Belgian Trappist brews. No complaints. 😇

That was a pleasure to read, felt like sitting in on a talented storyteller who is part poet. Hoping you'll share more about your adventures as they happen.
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member

That was a pleasure to read, felt like sitting in on a talented storyteller who is part poet. Hoping you'll share more about your adventures as they happen.

Thank you @ignominiusrex ,that’s very kind!

I come from the land of seanchaí (“shonna-khee”) or Story Keepers, although I am -regrettably- nowhere near as eloquent as the average drunk bard around here. Then again, I take comfort in knowing that I am relatively new to the craft and also quite young compared to most local story weavers, the majority of them centuries old…some of them even DEAD!

At least I’m still alive enough to take on a couple more adventures and -absolutely!- it would be my pleasure to share about my experiences and you know what? - in my case it’s probably going to be near impossible NOT to share 😆.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Well in real life, I wouldn't want to see Werewolves in Banff. However in the game, way fun. ;)