Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Got free time and want to see if you can improve your image quality like I did mine recently....15%

AlienTusksAlienTusks Posts: 194 Member
IN order to continue, you need to have An Xbox one S with the HDMI cable that came with it or a better one however these settings may also apply to PlayStation or even Xbox one X to some degree. These setting may also help other TVs and situations.
Instead of explaining why to do this or what certain things do just trust that ive already done that research and came to this conclusion....andd play tested it too...I'm just going to list the correct settings. This is most relevant for people who have a 1080p HDTV that is not old and does not offer 4k. Kind of a in between TV. If it's a smart TV released over the past 5 years these setting will likely give you results.
If you want to test this out and see if your picture is about 15 percent better with higher framerate.... try these settings...I did a lot of work to figure out these settings and researched basically every single thing.... I even talked with LG themselves about some things. Ok if you're interested heres what you do.... first go into TV settings and one of the first things that you come upon is the ability to change the general setup of your image for example vivid, sports, HDR effect, or even Expert, custom, trust m
put it on game there is multiple reasons for this, some things that you will need to adjust could be found under advanced settings or other settings just keep exploring your options...
((Turn these off))
-Energy saving, HDMI Ultra Deep Color, Instant Game response, Dynamic Contrast, Super Resolution, Noise Reduction, and MPEG noise Reduction, -Smooth Gradation, put black level on low or auto. True Motion off, Real Cinema Off. High Contrast, Grayscale (Warning" you may turn on dynamic -high contrast and say hey that looks better but trust me you have to set your tv up like I've got mine to get to the final goal some settings are on -Xbox and will not be available to select unless you have your tv set up like this......
-Backlight 90
-Contrast 90
-Brightness 65
-Sharpness and this is important 10 to 15 you may think higher sharpness gives you crisper images but trust me it does not, if you're In HD mode -you want a lower sharpness.
-color 50
-Tint
=
Now go to your Xbox and go to settings/general/tv and display options....and this is what to do...
Under Resolution you can set it to 4kUHD this will probably lower your refresh rate, but thats ok I'll explain shortly
The other Display you will want to use is 1080p and with this setting you should be able to raise your refresh rate to maybe 120 or higher and this is really important for FPS games like Halo or Apex legends, COD...If you're playing a game that isn't a first-person shooter then switch the resolution back to 4k UHD this will give you noticeably better picture both color, crispness and overall.
Tnats pretty much it, but heres some useful info...under settings/general/tv display on Xbox you should have a 4k tv details menu, click on that and it will tell you what your tv can and cannot do.... Also, you can use the calibrate tv option under Xbox settings to adjust your contrast and brightness in detail, but I've already gave you that info above. as long as your tv options are set like mine, you should get the best picture. If anything is off about your picture I had a few issues, and that's what inspired me to ask LG themselves and do my own research to figure out what did what and what I could do get the best picture. The whole point is you can get 1440 resolution also known as 4kUHD if you set your tv up like mine, if you do not set the stuff the same as mine you may not even have the option to put it on 1440p...So the point is if you're playing an average game go to Xbox settings and put it on 1440 UHD picture, but If you're playing A first person shooter then put it back to 1080p because this will allow you to have a higher refresh rate which will improve the framerate and your ability to play quick moving games like them. If you did what I said, and something seems off then there is probably something on that shouldn't be or your tv has different options available and something is on or off that's causing the issue
Lastly ín general settings on Xbox under video check all these boxes allow 50hHz, allow 24hz, allow YCC 422, Allow 4k, and Allow HDR10.