Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

✨Super Sim ✨ Challenge

The SuperSim challenge has been in circulation for quite awhile now and by many different names. Most notable of these names is the "SuperSim Challenge" dubbed by Youtuber James Turner.

The premise of this challenge is to complete as much as you can in the game utilizing only ONE Sim -- your SuperSim. The only way to lose this challenge is if this Sim were to die. Your goal is to max as many skills, career tracks, etc as only your SuperSim.

I have created a spreadsheet in Google Sheets to help you keep track of your Sims progress via a point system. The following categories are necessary: Adult Aspirations, Adult Skills, Careers, and Collections. The higher the points, the better you are doing. There are some optional points such as Achievements.

In this spreadsheet there is also room to note down important relationships your Sim has, notes to keep track of what you were doing, and a complete points system.

In addition to keeping track of the above, I have also created some modifiers that can add or subtract points from your total. There is a "Toddler Start" modifier that allows you to start your SuperSim from toddlerhood (inspired by the "Wonderchild Challenge"). There are two Rags to Riches modifiers that add an additional challenge, along with a "Random Traits" modifier that also adds points to your total.

Here is the spreadsheet for your viewing pleasure. Happy simmin'!

There are plans to:
- Add a leaderboard for total number of points to congratulate Simmers who have completed the challenge.
- Add additional modifiers for an even harsher challenge.
- Create Youtube videos to walk Simmers through how to set up the challenge.
I hope you don't mind that I put down in words how wonderful life is while you're in the world! [ Elton John, Your Song ]

Comments

• Options
    WinterKhirinWinterKhirin Posts: 248 Member
    I love this spreadsheet. Thank you so much. I have been wanting to try this challenge as a fun thing to do on the side, but all the information was all over the place, and not being updated with all the new stuff was too much for me to figure out all the things available to do. So this is a huge help!!
    Owlenmoon is the house which most values creativity and wisdom. They're intellectual and introspective, and can find poetry in situations that may appear irrelevant to others. They're also good at making things more complicated than what they're supposed to be.

• Options
    arintiaarintia Posts: 251 Member
    @WinterKhirin -- You're so welcome! I have noticed through my own playthrough that I forgot the new teenager's aspirations, but that will be put in soon. I hope you have fun!
    I hope you don't mind that I put down in words how wonderful life is while you're in the world! [ Elton John, Your Song ]
  • Options
    WinterKhirinWinterKhirin Posts: 248 Member
    Did you start off as Toddler, Child, Teen or Young Adult?
    Owlenmoon is the house which most values creativity and wisdom. They're intellectual and introspective, and can find poetry in situations that may appear irrelevant to others. They're also good at making things more complicated than what they're supposed to be.

• Options
    @WinterKhirin -- I decided to try out the Toddler Start paired with Rags to Riches+, and Random Traits, just to see if I could survive being homeless with a toddler and getting it to max skills. It was definitely a challenge! My SuperSim is a teenager now and I'm finally playing through the High School pack.

I also rolled a pair of dice and ended up making her a werewolf, which adds an additional challenge I think.
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    Nobody knows where Kaylee Nora and little Miriam Rodgers came from, nor why they showed up filthy, hungry, and cold at Oasis Springs' community park. What they do know, however, is that something is off about the two. Despite the off-putting nature of the adult and young toddler, the general community elected to invite them in with open arms.
    bmd1IKH.png

Kaylee was quick to start up a fishing club during her time at the community park. It was argued that she and the toddler rarely left -- Kaylee was seen at all hours of the day fishing, collecting frogs and gems, or munching at whatever was left from the grill. Some even thought that perhaps it was a rule of the club to procure a various amount of foods, considering the several plates and dishes that would get left behind after a gathering. Miriam was thus dubbed the "little Gremlin", as it was frequently seen of her to grab plates of food and wolf them down as if she were some beast.

In fact, there was even talk that little Miriam was a beast.

Little Miriam would play all day at the community park while Kaylee slaved away to try and get them the basics. Miriam would make messes with jars of paints or bottles of baby powder, nap wherever she so pleased, and stunk like crazy despite people's best efforts to try and catch her and clean her.
    lRnC4M2.png

Even with Miriam's apparent lack of care, it was obvious the girl was flourishing. It wasn't long before she was running instead of walking, talking instead of babbling, making little animals instead of messes of paint, and even arguing when asked to do something instead of outright screaming "no!." One of Miriam's favorite past times was to tell the most outrageous stories to plants, and giggle as if they told jokes.

It wasn't ignored, however, that Miriam seemed to have an air about her. She was quick to anger even with close friends, and some adults around could swear she'd even growled at them. She had an apparent fondness towards a few of Kaylee's clubmates: Kristopher Volkov and Mila Munch included.

Within weeks of showing up in Oasis Springs' community park Kaylee picked up Miriam and moved once more. They re-appeared in a field previous unowned, but Kaylee somehow had the papers and was waving them around triumphantly.

Days gone by and there was a tent. A few more weeks, a small little cottage.
    Vo1K25H.png

Before long little Miriam was no longer little anymore. People couldn't deny the young girl was smart beyond her age and means, if not a bit quirky. The girl excelled in school with what appeared to be little effort. She quickly caught on to new concepts and easily went from basic math to full on algebraic equations. She was creative, and popular. There were several occasions where a whole club of children would be seen playing in the household's yard.
    HP8KOC6.png

Miriam was drawing masterpieces at the prime age of 8. Solving difficult high-school tier math and science problems at the age of 10. Reading through books meant for college level at 12. Everyone in her school district, and even those around it, new Miriam's name. If not for her smarts, then surely for her social skills.

She was surely something special.

Kristopher Volkov became more and more like a father figure to her. He would call and text often, checking in on the household. He was, at this point, considered a major family friend that Miriam knew for her whole life and even had nicknames for the household. Kaylee was deemed, "Adventuror," as she would change hobbies more frequently than a fashionista changed clothes (it was seen on some old tax records, however, that she had sold flower bouquets worth several thousand dollars from that hobby). To him, Miriam was simply named, "Pup".

As Miriam grew closer to her teen years, Kristopher pulled Kaylee aside solemnly.

"Whatever you do," Kristopher warned, "come the first full moon after her birthday, lock her away. Put her in a shed. Make a basement. Whatever you hear, do not let her out until morning comes. Trust in me."
    6Odq4OR.png

The day had come. Kaylee did not ask Kristopher more questions -- after so many years of living with Miriam, and caring for the young girl, she knew something was special about her. Supernaturally special. She smelled like wet dog so often, ate like her life depended on it, and has been seen chasing birds as if she were a starving dog.

Kaylee locked Miriam into a shed one evening before the full-moon. It is unknown what occurred in that shed, but that night. . . Kaylee heard the most terrifying sounds that ranged from growls to howls and whimpers to barks. In the morning, when Miriam was allowed to re-emerge from the shed, she did so in a hurry with a look like she wanted to crawl out of her own skin.

"Puberty is already hard enough without this," she was heard murmuring as she stomped away from Kaylee.
    Achievements this post:
    Maxed all toddler skills
    Maxed all children skills and aspirations
    Achieved "Just Getting Started" achievement
    Aged up to child with lactose-intolerant trait.
    Aged up to teenager with bookworm trait.

Used the "Toddler Start" combined with "Rags to Riches+" and "Random Traits"